Whould you let your 17 year old Daughter date a 24 year old man?

Comments

• MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    He has made a valid point.

No - he has spouted stereotypical clap trap based on centuries old notions of "jack the lad" and "the fairer sex".

Slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails........

Honestly - you have thought by now we would have outgrown such ridiculous notions.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Moony wrote: »
    No - he has spouted stereotypical clap trap based on centuries old notions of "jack the lad" and "the fairer sex".

Slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails........

They're centuries old for a reason. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't assumed anything, I asked you some questions which you kindly answered. Reflecting your answers back to you isn't assuming anything.
    What are the older women's qualities you are attracted to?

Older women are usually more interesting and are naturally more intellectually stimulating than younger women. And the assertiveness that I talked about as a possible downside, can often be a positive. When I was 19, I had a boss who was in her early 30s. I loved the way she could take control of any situation and how she would never take any shit from anyone. It was sexy as ****. I think that's where my attraction to older women started.

Also, I think they can be more sexually appealing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Were these grown men a bit stunted in their growth?

How do you mean?
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    Older women are usually more interesting and are naturally more intellectually stimulating than younger women. And the assertiveness that I talked about as a possible downside, can often be a positive. When I was 19, I had a boss who was in her early 30s. I loved the way she could take control of any situation and how she would never take any shit from anyone. It was sexy as ****. I think that's where my attraction to older women started.

Also, I think they can be more sexually appealing.

Well that sounds more appealing than 'innocence' and 'fun' or 'pissed off' and 'knackered'! Which I believe you were alluding to with the 'attitude' and 'cynicism'.:D
    avasgranny wrote: »
    How do you mean?

Immature for their age?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that sounds more appealing than 'innocence' and 'fun' or 'pissed off' and 'knackered'! Which I believe you were alluding to with the 'attitude' and 'cynicism'.:D

What I don't understand is why some older women are so against the idea of hooking up with a younger man. A single man would never turn down the offer of sex from a much younger woman, so I think women would be much happier if they adopted the attitude of men from time to time. Or is it just that women don't like to admit that they find the thought of a much younger man to be sexually appealing?
    Forum Member

Immature for their age?

Lol you are joking. No one had his own very own business and the other was a manager in a charity. Both owned their own houses and like I said they were both very decent nice guys.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    He has made a valid point.

No, he really hasn't.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    What I don't understand is why some older women are so against the idea of hooking up with a younger man. A single man would never turn down the offer of sex from a much younger woman, so I think women would be much happier if they adopted the attitude of men from time to time. Or is it just that women don't like to admit that they find the thought of a much younger man to be sexually appealing?

It's just you that older women don't want a relationship with. ;)
    Forum Member

Hate to rub it in but my 23 year old is going out with a 37 year old woman. My family don't have probs with age gaps.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17 years old is too young. its not the age gap, they get less meaningful the older you get
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, their loss. I am after all a sex god.

The best sex I ever had was with an older woman, though. And she was married. In my experience, older women love it, they just don't like to admit it to others, and sometimes to themselves. Or at least, in Britain they don't. In France, a husband would think his wife to be strange if she wasn't having filthy sex with the 18 year old boy next door.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How young do you mean? Some younger men can be sexually appealing, I think a lot of women would admit that.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    17 years old is too young. its not the age gap, they get less meaningful the older you get

I would agree with you a lot of the time, but some people do mature faster than others and know their own minds. I think you have to judge each case individually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    How young do you mean? Some younger men can be sexually appealing, I think a lot of women would admit that.

Late teens/early 20s. I think if I were a middle aged woman, I would have sex with an 18 year old lad. Just for the fun of it. If it's socially unacceptable, then all the more enjoyment, right?

Women are often too hard on themselves by being overly prudish, in my opinion.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Speaking and listening shit? Are you Jonah from Summer Heights High, OP?
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

I had a brief relationship with a man of 18 when I was 29 - well I say relationship, it was really just about sex
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    kittles wrote: »

I had a brief relationship with a man of 18 when I was 29 - well I say relationship, it was really just about sex

I had a sex fueled (lol) relationship with a 21 year old when I was 26, thats the biggest *youngest* age gap I ever experienced though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kittles wrote: »

2shy2007 wrote: »
    I had a sex fueled (lol) relationship with a 21 year old when I was 26, thats the biggest *youngest* age gap I ever experienced though.

How did you meet them, out of curiosity?
    Forum Member
    How did you meet them, out of curiosity?

He was my friends neighbour and her window cleaner, it was all very * confessions of * ,lol
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Late teens/early 20s. I think if I were a middle aged woman, I would have sex with an 18 year old lad. Just for the fun of it. If it's socially unacceptable, then all the more enjoyment, right?

Women are often too hard on themselves by being overly prudish, in my opinion.

Late teens is far too young, they still look like little boys! Even men in their early 20s are mentally very young, I'd say mid 20s is probably ok but not younger than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    When I was 17, I dated a 31 year old man, whom I later married. (We are still happily married, 20 years later). My parents thought he was good for me, and they were very happy for us. The only person who was concerned about the age difference at the time, was my future husband. I suppose it depends on the maturity of the couple in question. :)
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    sounds about average for a 17 year old girl being that girls in general mature quicker than boys at 17 i think my boyfriend was 28
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was 17 I had a 28 year old boyfriend, it was a great relationship.

I don't get what this "danger" is?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    When I was 17 I had a 28 year old boyfriend, it was a great relationship.

I don't get what this "danger" is?? :confused:

AIDS apparently !:eek: lol