Movies that were announced but never happened...

123457»

Comments

• seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh Jackman has been saying for years that he's going to remake the musical Carousel for the screen, but he's never done it. (I think he owns the stage rights?) I guess it would be a tough sell these days as it has been accused of excusing domestic violence ...
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Platinum Dunes everyone's favourite production company for raping and pillaging horror classics and giving us terrible remakes almost got their hands on Rosemary's Baby.

They gave us: A Nightmare On Elm Street, The Amityville Horror, Friday The 13th, The Hitcher, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes.

They are also responsible for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle films.

They are also partly own by Michael Bay, so yes, adding it all up, yep. Worse than Hitler :D
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    "Dead Reckoning" AKA "Isobar", a Carolco sci-fi vehicle for Ridley Scott and Sylvester Stallone. It would be set in a future where everyone lived in domed cities because the earth's atmosphere had gone. IIRC, it was abandoned because the budget instead went into
    "Terminator 2".
  • FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hobbes wrote: »
    Wicked the film has been in pre production for ever- in fact the novel on which the musical is based was optioned back in 1995.

Its apparently still going ahead but no casting decisions yet....

I think the hold on this is due to the stage version still being so popular worldwide - they don't need a movie version to compete.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Oliver Reed and Sarah Miles were supposed to star in a film of D. H. Lawrence's
    "The Plumed Serpent" that never got anywhere.

http://sombrerobooks.com/?p=3026
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ubik.

Inception and total recall rolled into one.