Options

Bake Off: Creme de la Creme starts March 29th BBC2

FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
Forum Member
Bake Off: Creme de la Creme will be presented by Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge.

Fifteen teams of professional chefs will compete to produce the most impressive miniatures and showpiece desserts.

The chefs will work in teams of three and will come from famous hotels, top restaurants and patisseries, as well as the development kitchen of a leading supermarket, the armed forces and private clubs.

Their efforts will be judged by three of the industry's most influential pastry chefs - Benoit Blin from Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Cherish Finden from The Langham Hotel in London and Claire Clark who has twice been named Britain's best pastry chef.

It's an eight-part series

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as it's for professionals, does not feature Mel and Sue, and will not take place in a marquee with bunting etc, it isn't worthy of the label "Bake Off".
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. A few too many changes for my liking.
  • Options
    Citizen KaneCitizen Kane Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great British Bake Off - The Professionals
    Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds (and from the trailer looks) like it's going to be great. It is nothing to do with the actual bake off though. It should've been allowed to stand alone
  • Options
    CaligCalig Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I look forward to seeing what these truly skilled bakers create.
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt I'll bother with it :( I don't watch Masterchef the Professionals either as there are too many changes from the norm, I'll wait until August for the real thing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't like the team of three but the advert looks good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just saw a clip on TM...not sure about this
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    Not sure about this to be honest - can't see that it's close enough to Bake Off to be joining the Bake Off brand - seems like a bit of clever (or not) association to me. If the thing isn't strong enough to stand on its own merit, then they shouldn't be weakening the Bake Off brand in my opinion.

I'll probably catch the first one and then see what I think from there.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about this to be honest - can't see that it's close enough to Bake Off to be joining the Bake Off brand - seems like a bit of clever (or not) association to me. If the thing isn't strong enough to stand on its own merit, then they shouldn't be weakening the Bake Off brand in my opinion.

I'll probably catch the first one and then see what I think from there.

Was Masterchef weakened when they started the spin off Masterchef Professionals? Would it have been if they had called the spin off Masterchef Creme de la Creme?

Best to wait and see what it was it is like.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Was Masterchef weakened when they started the spin off Masterchef Professionals? Would it have been if they had called the spin off Masterchef Creme de la Creme?
    But surely, with Masterchef, the basics were the same - the studio layout, the presenters/judges and judging, the range of dishes etc. With the name "Masterchef", you knew exactly what you were getting (and what you would be seeing), the only difference being whether the contestants were amateurs or professionals.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    But surely, with Masterchef, the basics were the same - the studio layout, the presenters/judges and judging, the range of dishes etc. With the name "Masterchef", you knew exactly what you were getting (and what you would be seeing), the only difference being whether the contestants were amateurs or professionals.

I presume they considered doing that with Bake Off but must have decided that it would not work. Perhaps there is a great differentiation between bakers making breads and the fancier pastry cooks. Whereas the professional cooks on Masterchef are expected to be able to do the full range of dishes (even if many can't!).
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me of the ITV teatime show where professional bakers would compete against each other. Britain's Best Bakery.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ,, theBBC are going tomilk this cow to death and beyond
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think this is going to be good. Sounds pretty serious.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching, as I can't pass a cookery programme by. I used to like Tom Kerridge, but gone off him a bit recently - I think it's since he said he wouldn't be tasting the cakes 😕
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe how different Tom Kerridge looks. He's lost over 10 stones.
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :D
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    Christ,, theBBC are going tomilk this cow to death and beyond

Why not! Not only does it bring in the viewers but it brings in revenue from the overseas sales.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all.:D

The lady with the kinky boots on looks fierce.:o
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my lord....look at those cakes! I would just die in there!
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    What's a 'pastry consultant' when its at home?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh ok it's kind of like Food Network challenge
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had afternoon tea at the Langham. It was amazing. Art on a plate.
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is Bakeoff on steroids! :o