Reality show contestants appearing in multiple shows

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
Forum Member
I suppose it was too much to expect reality show contestants to be simply members of the public. On More4's Come Dine With Me, Welsh "Nurse" Jane looked very familiar, as she'd spent a number of weeks as a reality tourist on Coach Trip this wasn't surprising. Are there many other Equity rejects who make a living impersonating members of the public on "reality" TV shows?

Comments

• angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Raef's Bayjou's helper on CCDWM end up on Big Brother this year too?
  • FB1969FB1969 Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A hotelier from Hotel Inspector in the Ruth Watson days ("Sixteen" in Greenwich) was a contestant on Antiques Master a few weeks ago.

Then an episode of Restoration Roadshow the other day featured the man that owns The Rutland Arms Hotel that was on the current series of Hotel Inspector a few weeks earlier.
  • Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Raef's Bayjou's helper on CCDWM end up on Big Brother this year too?

Yep, as did someone who appeared on ITV's The Cube, someone from a parody of Big Brother on Friday Night Project and one of Cheryl Cole's backing dancers from X Factor
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Graham and Ivy from Coach Trip have been on about 15 shows between them.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's a case of minor actors being hired to pretend to be contestants (as was alledged with some of the Jeremy Kyle type talk shows) I think it's just members of the public who pursue a dream of being on telly and apply again and again and again to all the shows where this is possible.

As I would assume that there is a limited pool of people who apply due to most not having the time to travel round Europe or the desire to look like an idiot on television (compared to the UK population that is) then the oddss are they may eventually show up more than once.