Options

Twiggy's Frock Exchange - yawn!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
Forum Member
Another vacuous, mind numbingly boring rip off show that just gets on my nerves at the moment. Gok does it so much better!:yawn:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twiggy must have one of the worst voices on tv!
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I just watched a bit now... what the bloody hell is the point of this show? Women swap dresses. End of story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I just wish the camera would stay on one shot for longer than two seconds, it is really irritating!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree. The whole narration is really stilted and slightly condescending as well...
  • Options
    Verna_GoldVerna_Gold Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Truly, truly awful television! It almost makes me ashamed to be a woman and will make me embarrassed to express an interest in clothes ever again!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've now watched it all the way through. Was I being premature in my assessment of the programme? Hell no!!! Really poor use of licence payer's money...won't be watching again.
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Twiggy must have one of the worst voices on tv!

I've always thought that. I can't bear to listen to her so didn't even try with this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am surprised this was commissioned, makes me wonder what on earth TV execs are thinking.
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I turned it over after this conversation between Lauren Laverne, and a girl taking part in the show......

'Will that dress fit a size 10 - 12?'

'no I dont think it will stretch as much as that'
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was awful. I agree. I felt embarrassed to be a female who likes clothes after that.

The chatter was some of the most boring, inane drivel I've heard in a while. Terrible programme.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I actually think there's a really good programme in here struggling to get out. If they got rid of all that inane drivel, the dress swapping stuff and Twiggy's voice, they could do a bit of a DIY clothes show that gives tips on how to make your own stuff and customise things.

Like Blue Peter for adults. With reports about designers, crafters and artisans to give inspiration and ideas.

I reckon it could actually be really good (but mainly because I like making my own stuff!) but it would need to be on at 4pm on a Sunday on BBC 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Is this just a less interesting version of Muticoloured Swap Shop?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shinykatie wrote: »
    I actually think there's a really good programme in here struggling to get out. If they got rid of all that inane drivel, the dress swapping stuff and Twiggy's voice, they could do a bit of a DIY clothes show that gives tips on how to make your own stuff and customise things.

Like Blue Peter for adults. With reports about designers, crafters and artisans to give inspiration and ideas.

I reckon it could actually be really good (but mainly because I like making my own stuff!) but it would need to be on at 4pm on a Sunday on BBC 2.

Perhaps it could be called "The Clothes Show" ;)
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Aaah, The Clothes Show! Sunday afternoons with Jeff Banks, Selina Scott, Caryn Franklin and Brenda Emmanus. That was how to do a fashion show.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBANZOLXQE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Aaah, The Clothes Show! Sunday afternoons with Jeff Banks, Selina Scott, Caryn Franklin and Brenda Emmanus. That was how to do a fashion show.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBANZOLXQE
    I used to love following the stories of the bride that they'd choose every year, they always gave her a handmade and designed designer dress.

As for this piffle, like Janet said about, Twiggy really doesn't have the voice for telly at all.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't properly paying attention as it all seemed long winded. :o

Was the made over leather jacket ever shown? Did it look good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laughed when I saw the premise of the show, then groaned and thought "This is seriously considered TV now? [beep] hell".
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aspartame wrote: »
    Is this just a less interesting version of Muticoloured Swap Shop?

Beat me to it. I was about to say the BBC perhaps we looking for a success that Swap Shop had. I didn't actually watch it but going by my own groans when I saw the ad for it, decided to avoid it like the worst thing on a menu.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    idiot_box wrote: »
    Perhaps it could be called "The Clothes Show" ;)

Spot on! I was going to put that and for some reason didn't. ;) It was a great show.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edithbella wrote: »
    I just wish the camera would stay on one shot for longer than two seconds, it is really irritating!

Appalling camera work. You wonder do these camera blokes have any training with moving the camera so fast all over the place I become sick. I found it unbearable to watch and had to switch over.
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shinykatie wrote: »

I agree. I do think there should be something to replace The Clothes Show. I'm surprised they've not tried to re-imagine it for the 00s already.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am watching it right now (waiting for CSI:Miami :D ) and I think it is a more boring version of Gok's fashion fix. . . the DIY clothes/accessories, celeb guest and "trendy" TV presenter.
  • Options
    GooneressGooneress Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I am speechless. Utterly speechless. What was the point of this show? I want whatever the commissioning editor was smoking...Even Living's above this total and utter drivel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Ugh, it was awful!

Regarding the content of the show, are these so-called experts colour blind? Just about every item of clothing was terrible :eek: shockingly bad!
    They must have paid the girl who swapped the okay-ish blue vintage dress with that tartan-jumpsuit monstrosity a HUGE amount of money to look pleased with it!

And my God, Fern Cotton has been cloned! :eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did make me laugh last week when the 'expert' who presents with Twiggy asked a woman if her top was Pucci and she said 'no, Tesco' :D Kind of summed up the show I think!