Cake And Eating It?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My friend at work has been seeing a fella for 3 years. He ended their relationship and has stolen money from her. She won't turn him in to the police or do anything about it. He's seeing another woman now but still sob story's to her when he's flat broke. He works and earns double her wages.

I've been there, done that, wrote the book and worn the T-Shirt 20 years ago. How do I try to persuade her that he's defo having his cake and eating it, playing her like a good-un and has no shame but make her feel like crap. She'll do anything to get back with him:mad:

I've nagged, spoken logic, sympathised etc etc but I've run out of shaking her, telling her the bare truth and have decided to let her hit rock bottom, because that's the only thing I can do and the only way she will find out what a waste of space this fella is. I've told her I know how she feels and I've done the same thing myself in the long lost past.

Is there anything else I could do or say to save her more heartbreak?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've tried all you can but it's up to her.

Until she realises that he isn't coming back she will continue to do as she is now.

A lost cause i'm afraid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You leave her to it and let her learn on her own When she realises just be there to support her.
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    You leave her to it and let her learn on her own When she realises just be there to support her.

I agree, some people just wont learn until they make their own mistakes. Some will also make those mistakes over and over again, but at the end of the day people like this are unlikely to listen to others.

Just be there for her when it all goes tits up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,388
    Forum Member

What they said.

Even if the relationship has ended it doesnt mean that what she felt for him has changed. Sometimes it just doesn't happen that way, and if she feels there is any chance she can win him back she will want to do what she can for him to try & make him see the error of his ways.

As the others have said, just be a friend to her when she will need it most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend at work has been seeing a fella for 3 years. He ended their relationship and has stolen money from her. She won't turn him in to the police or do anything about it. He's seeing another woman now but still sob story's to her when he's flat broke. He works and earns double her wages.

I've been there, done that, wrote the book and worn the T-Shirt 20 years ago. How do I try to persuade her that he's defo having his cake and eating it, playing her like a good-un and has no shame but make her feel like crap. She'll do anything to get back with him:mad:

I've nagged, spoken logic, sympathised etc etc but I've run out of shaking her, telling her the bare truth and have decided to let her hit rock bottom, because that's the only thing I can do and the only way she will find out what a waste of space this fella is. I've told her I know how she feels and I've done the same thing myself in the long lost past.

Is there anything else I could do or say to save her more heartbreak?

She still has an emotional investment in this relationship and until that changes you're not going to convince her, sadly. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much everyone.

Sadly she still has the light in her eyes. I'm keeping my gob shut because I know whatever is said has the opposite effect!

I will be there when she realises it's game over for good. I wish I could transfer by osmosis my same experiences as a young woman (when I was one :o)

Thanks again :)