Sales figures *Spoiler*

13»

Comments

• spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    If she loves Joe as much as she says she should pull her single to let Joe get the no.1. No chance of that happening though.

She can't pull it, it's already out, it was released at 00:00 this morning

Also, she doesn't control it, the record label controls everything and they're on a different label to Syco/Sony
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    ILoveDS wrote: »
    Is this official?

No, a leaked press release, but media types all across the web seem to be confirming it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Sib69 wrote: »
    no. not yet. but there's rumours all over twitter, and the same figures are popping up all over the place

Hmmm I'll believe this when I listen to Radio 1 tonight.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I'll believe this when I listen to Radio 1 tonight.

Everything points to it ILDS ; bookies odds,comments on Twitter etc.We've even seen a detailed rundown of sales on some sites,
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If these figures are true then its simply a bit of old fashioned rebellion and not designed against Joe. Its a point against Cowell and the fact that the perception is that he has too great an influence over British music.

I dont watch XF but its virtually impossible to to avoid it, whether it be press, tv news, posters, simply endless plugs asking who you are voting for etc. The charts have been hammerlocked by XF acts, staff (Cheryl is staff), and all the guests who maybe dont like the concept but who are milking it all the same.

The tipping point has been the prospect of another number one at Christmas. If there is too much of most things then there will be a backlash. RATM is an unholy noise to me but whether it makes number one or not a line has been drawn in the sand.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    If these figures are true then its simply a bit of old fashioned rebellion and not designed against Joe. Its a point against Cowell and the fact that the perception is that he has too great an influence over British music.

I dont watch XF but its virtually impossible to to avoid it, whether it be press, tv news, posters, simply endless plugs asking who you are voting for etc. The charts have been hammerlocked by XF acts, staff (Cheryl is staff), and all the guests who maybe dont like the concept but who are milking it all the same.

The tipping point has been the prospect of another number one at Christmas. If there is too much of most things then there will be a backlash. RATM is an unholy noise to me but whether it makes number one or not a line has been drawn in the sand.

Well said Chris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think these figures are to confuse people and until i listen to radio one this evening,i'm not beliveing the figures all over the internet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

What sickened me the most was Cowell was planning to run debates for the election next year. Still might I guess. Now apart from a personal dislike of the man and Cheryl Cole's image, I believe televised debates should be run, but I don't want him doing them.

I've actually got quite into RATM since buying the single tho!
    I do think it's got to make them stop and think somewhat, that's if it's true.

Cole/Cowell's comments merely made them look a little childish and dog in the manger is. The other think I don't like about Cheryl Cole is the amount a pretty face and good hair can make everyone forget she was convicted of assault.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sales figures have been confirmed by the CEO of 7digital. He just tweeted
    Figures have leaked - RATM did it! @nigelpauley RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE TOP CHARTS - official. By around 52,000 copies
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    well, according to this link: http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48970, joe's sales haven't been fully counted yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, according to this link: http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48970, joe's sales haven't been fully counted yet

Thats old news/article.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's on NME.com. Check what the NME editor says here: http://twitter.com/DavidMoynihan
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    That's on NME.com. Check what the NME editor says here: http://twitter.com/DavidMoynihan

NME were one of the big backers of the RATM campaign so they must be thrilled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    mizzjem wrote: »
    i think these figures are to confuse people and until i listen to radio one this evening,i'm not beliveing the figures all over the internet.

Yeah I agree, roll on 6:45, I think...
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree, roll on 6:45, I think...
    It's been confirmed by too many people "in the know" for the figures to be wrong.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This. :)
  • Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I've accepted the inevitability that RAGE will be number 1. It seems as good as confirmed and I'm gutted for wor Joe :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    This could be the best thing to happen to Joe. The people who voted for Joe have not done the same with the single. Simon may now look more closer at the style and song choice for Joe so he does not end up with a damp squid of an album like Leon. Fans are loyal but not stupid to buy second rate music. Like or Dislike RATM there is no getting away from the winners single being rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about now?