Options

U.S. Production Company Logos

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
Forum Member
I love at the end of U.S. tv shows they have a little logo film to tell you which company made the show (I think they're called vanity cards) such as at the end of House it shows an animated scene from Jaws with someone saying "Thats some bad hat harry"
Does anyone know which show this one comes from - It's a kid sitting in front of a TV and the father says "Greg move your head"
I think it's quite recent just can't remember what show.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know the answer to your question, but I really like the Bad Robot one.
  • Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    l don't know how reliable it is, but on Wikipedia it says, it appears after shows produced by Greg Berlanti.

There's a list of shows there too.
  • Options
    ddarkoddarko Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    It's apparently for Berlanti Television, the production company for Greg Berlanti, the writer and producer behind Brothers and Sisters, No Ordinary Family and Dirty Sexy Money. So says Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Berlanti
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvjane wrote: »
    I love at the end of U.S. tv shows they have a little logo film to tell you which company made the show (I think they're called vanity cards) such as at the end of House it shows an animated scene from Jaws with someone saying "Thats some bad hat harry"
    Does anyone know which show this one comes from - It's a kid sitting in front of a TV and the father says "Greg move your head"
    I think it's quite recent just can't remember what show.

I'm not really sure I remember right, I think it's either 'Being Human (USA)' or 'No Ordinary Family'.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Used to love the MTM Enterprises end plates - like MGM, but with a ickle kitten :).

Frequently customised to reflect the subject matter of the preceding show - as seen below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kYNId_Kvbo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    grrrr arg!
  • Options
    NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog. WOOF

followed by...

[Guitar]
    Moo.
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first one I ever remember seeing (and I'm not saying it was the first ever made, just the first I remember waiting to see each week and whistling along with the theme) was the Stephen Cannell productions one - featuring a man (I presume Stephen) sitting at a typewriter, pulling a page out, throwing it over and it animated into a little pile of paper which curved around to form the C of Cannell.
    Always at the end of The A Team (and others).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netizen wrote: »

followed by...

[Guitar]
    Moo.
    I liked those from Gary David Goldberg and Michael J. Fox's companies. I always tried to say 'Moo' in time, but for some reason I was always either early or late. :o

---

David E. Kelley's got a good one where there's an old lady watching TV and his company name flies out of the TV and hits her, so she shouts 'You Stinka!'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcCn-2ajpgY The music is the start of the Picket Fences theme tune, a show he produced. I think there's also one where there's a kid playing hockey or something, but I can't find that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked those from Gary David Goldberg and Michael J. Fox's companies. I always tried to say 'Moo' in time, but for some reason I was always either early or late. :o

Yep. EVERY episode of Spin City I feel compelled to do this and mess up the timing. I swear they change it between episodes just to mess with me.
  • Options
    Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I was a kid I've always enjoyed the vanity cards on US shows, very often we just got endboards here and in Australia they often just appeared over the end credits! The spinning Grundy logo on Neighbours, Sons & Daughters etc scared me! Lorimar, World Vision at the end of Little House on the Prairie and the 80s Viacom logo with the guy saying it also pretty unsettling! :o

Sit Ubu Sit is a favourite. Really like the Steven Bochco Productions logo, guy playing violin and the Stephen J Cannell one of course, parodied very accurately here on The Simpsons! Me and my brothers always loved that, so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDVhPxJUbgk

Belisarius one is a cracker, hasn't changed much from Airwolf in the 80s, via Quantum Leap andJAG through to NCIS today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHNeuK6FdZ8&NR=1
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gemsypoo wrote: »
    grrrr arg!

:p - prefer the Amber Benson(?) version though :D
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    Netizen wrote: »
    Gee thanks. Like that won't be stuck in my head at all now :(;):p:D

Chuck Lorre is the king of the vanity card :D
    http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Chuck practically invented Blogging On Television, which isn't even a thing. People are down on him for being egotistical, but I think it's an extremely clever way of broadcasting, he gets away with so much.

Talking of the more corporate endcaps, did any anyone ever NOT titter at the child's voice saying DIC?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Thanks craig and ddarko it was Brothers and Sisters.

I'd forgotten about 'sit ubu sit' Also liked 'Goodnight Mr Walters' from Taxi
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    tvjane wrote: »

I'd forgotten about 'sit ubu sit' Also liked 'Goodnight Mr Walters' from Taxi

Yeah, particularly the scratch of the head and the half-incoherent grunt...! :)