EASTENDERS: (Fri 16/09/11 @ 8.00) – Like Nasa, Michael discovers a new Moon...

Comments

• StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    Lion_60 wrote: »
    Again one question. :D Missed I something or why is the wedding from Darren and Jodie off ? Because he steal the money und can now not be pay for it ?

(Sorry for my perhaps sometimes bad grammatic.^^)
    Apparently with Darren and Lauren having the liaison, Darren owns up to Jodie and tells her she does not deserve to marry someone who would cheat on her .....hence the wedding is cancelled.
  • JaCkT794JaCkT794 Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yes, she was as pissed as a newt.

Poppy saying "don't bring Essex into this" made me think of you lol
  • Dirty PonyDirty Pony Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Tuesday
    bolam2011 wrote: »
    I'm so pleased more long term viewer members who are loyal to EE are finally admitting what many of us have been saying for months.

Complaining is the only way we can make our feelings heard and changes will only happen if they know viewers aren't impressed with the current quality, dire hard EE fans can stay faithfull all they want but they need to ask themselves whether they want a soap below par or a soap on top form.

Hear hear.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday
    Well that was a bad episode wasn't it?

Craig was good, and the scene with him and Michael in the assisted care home was the only good scene in the whole episode.

Eddie/Michael was awful, as was Anthony, Jodie/Poppy/Vanessa, Whitney/Tyler and Whitney/Fatboy...the episode just really fell flat rather quickly.

I'm glad Michael has made up with Eddie though. Larren = FAIL. As if Lauren would even consider a loser like him :rolleyes:

Not a good episode at all imo.

4.3/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty Pony wrote: »
    Hear hear.

I keep seeing people all over this forum saying this

what the hell?! pmsl
  • EETILLIDIE11EETILLIDIE11 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday
    JaCkT794 wrote: »
    Poppy saying "don't bring Essex into this" made me think of you lol

Yes! I was thinking that myself. Mind you, Jodie is a painfully bad example of an Essex girl.
  • Dirty PonyDirty Pony Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Tuesday
    I keep seeing people all over this forum saying this

what the hell?! pmsl

Too much to agree on!! :D
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    That mostly sums up my opinion. As an EE fan it pains me to say this, but the show is a mess. Everything about this episode seemed either contrived, pointless or boring. How come we didn't even have a scene showing Darren confessing to Jodie about stealing from the car lot? Instead we get that weird scene in the Vic with Lauren, Jodie, Poppy and Vanessa. :yawn:

I did however, love the scene's involving Michael and Craig.

None of the storylines are interesting me atm and it's been that way for quite some time. I haven't felt like that about EE since 2006. :eek:

The Darren/Jodie thing was a minor story in the episode hence it played second fiddle to Michael/Eddie. The rather more bizarre issue was what happened to Jodie after she finished hugging Anthony? Surely she would have gone straight to find Darren once she realised he had bolted. Where did she go? It just didn't add up at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked the Craig scenes, kind of tugged on my heart a bit :cry:
    What a great actor the guy is (considering he suffers from it in real life too).

Liked the Michael/ Eddie scenes although it felt like it dragged on a little bit too much. And my God, David Essex is a very bland and limited actor. Steve John Shepherd is a fantastic actor though, very convincing and entertaining to watch.

Enjoyed the Darren & Jack/ Darren & Lauren scenes, like I say, she could do waaaaaaay better.

Bit of a disappointing episode if I'm honest.

3.5/10, +1 for Steve John Shepherd's acting and +1 for Lauren.

5.5/ 10
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    bolam2011 wrote: »
    I'm so pleased more long term viewer members who are loyal to EE are finally admitting what many of us have been saying for months.

Complaining is the only way we can make our feelings heard and changes will only happen if they know viewers aren't impressed with the current quality, dire hard EE fans can stay faithfull all they want but they need to ask themselves whether they want a soap below par or a soap on top form.

All soaps have dips and troughs, I understand that Corrie has had a two year or so dip!! :p

Bringing ever more Moons into the series was a bit too much. Tyler arrived that was fine, but then his brother with no personality joined and his character seemed useless.

It has been difficult to get a handle on the disjointed story line. Not sure if it is the writing or the acting, but Michael seems to talk in riddles, and I still haven't really got that lightbulb moment, where everything that has gone on in the past makes sense.

I remember the writing of the Den/Dennis scenes, they were just phenomenal, it all played out, all made sense, the writing was exceptional, slowly unraveling the history of the father/son relationship. Loved those scenes, they could both deliver a line with a pause and a look that conveyed so much.

With the Moons, all I can concentrate on is SJS's dodgy right eye, and David singing 'Hold me close don't let me go, ohhhh no'!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I was thinking that myself. Mind you, Jodie is a painfully bad example of an Essex girl.

I feel for you, I understand how annoying it is to be stereotyped due to where you live.
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    The problem is so many of us complain but still watch.Maybe if we took a controlled break-refusal to watch in the short term to make a point that would work.Anyone prepared to back up their anger and just not watch for 2-3 weeks to make a point?Otherwise in the era when it SEEMS that ratings are all and satisfaction is way down-nothing will change.
  • rockchick22rockchick22 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Tuesday
    Okay episode..

I thought the Eddie/Michael scenes were better today compared than yesterday. Eddie still annoys me though, I dont get why he didnt tell anyone about Craig..

Darren and Lauren were embarrasing.

I know Whitney is meant to like Tyler, but she is acting like they have been together for ages, bit unrealistic!

Craig was good :)
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday
    Stunty wrote: »

I remember the writing of the Den/Dennis scenes, they were just phenomenal, it all played out, all made sense, the writing was exceptional, slowly unraveling the history of the father/son relationship.

Loved those scenes, it's odd because EE normally does it so well (I think I said in yesterday's thread) but it was just bad, bad, bad.

I'm sooo looking forward to next week though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday
    Shit episode today. Absolutely shocking.

Even Lauren Branning couldn't brighten up the episode, seeing as she lowered her standards dramatically to be with Darren, which is a rather odd and random idea. EastEnders writers have been chronically lazy with Darren's exit build-up, clearly.

And Michael snivelling in the arms of his dad, who admitted he is responsible for his mum's death at the end, so Michael forgave him...? No. Not good. Why in the name of all that's holy and breathing would he all of a sudden forgive his dad after 30-odd years? I mean, it's not like the Craig stuff helped, he should still be furious about Eddie putting Craig in a home.

Speaking of Craig, the scenes with him and Michael were absolutely brilliant. I'd say that was the only good thing about the episode, unless you include Vanessa's one-liner in the Vic, 'Well buy a Lenny Henry DVD' or something like that. But I do hope Craig returns and has more scenes with Michael.

What else was terrible about the episode? Oh yeah, absolutely everything else. I can honestly say I think it was the worst episode since April.

2.1 / 10
  • Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Tuesday
    Stunty wrote: »
    Apparently with Darren and Lauren having the liaison, Darren owns up to Jodie and tells her she does not deserve to marry someone who would cheat on her .....hence the wedding is cancelled.

But said Jodie in the scene at the Vic not that the wedding is off and Vanessa says than something not so nice about Darren or men in general ? I must review this I think. :D

EDIT:

DS says: Meanwhile, Jack finally discovers that Darren has been stealing from the car lot and tells Jodie what her fiancé has been up to, prompting her to call off the wedding.

Now I understand.^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darren was right Lauren was too good for Ryan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Darren was right Lauren was too good for Ryan.

Yes, but the thing is she's too good for Darren as well, or anyone else on the square for that matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode SJS is a brilliant actor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I going deaf at the age of 15, or does anyone else struggle to understand what the fack Vanessa says 90% of the time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday
    Am I going deaf at the age of 15, or does anyone else struggle to understand what the fack Vanessa says 90% of the time?

You're going deaf at the age of 15. But her accent is difficult to understand at times, though.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Tuesday
    Half and half for me tonight

Loved Michael meeting his brother, he really seemed to care about him once he got over the shock.Nice touch with the medals.:):)

The last scenes between Michael and Eddie had me in tears.You could see that Michael started to remember things.:(

The Darren and Jodie stuff didn't interest me.

Whitney taking sweets to someone in a coma was a bit random.:confused:

Prefered Tuesday's episode but as this one revealed the truth of Craig and Michael's Mum it was more significant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but the thing is she's too good for Darren as well, or anyone else on the square for that matter.

She needs some 16-19 year old guy with a lot of charm, very popular but still loyal and trust-worthy, with a fair bit of cash to spend on her, to enter the show and date her.

I feel like writing to the screen/ script writer(s)/ director/ exec. producer about this idea, actually.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday

No don't worry, I have turn up the volume everytime she on and then just pray to God a Kim scene doesn't follow. Someone point the mic at her please.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friday
    There's still more to come from Michael and Eddie
    In a couple of weeks Eddie finds out about Michael's plotting and plots against him (I think). Michael hits rock bottom and turns to Janine
This discussion has been closed.