Are you happy with your weight?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Very happy, for the first time in my life!

I'm a recovered (recovering?) anorexic... finally feal I've beaten it after 10 years. My body is still slim, at the threshold of underweight (9st 1lb at 5' 10"), but my face isn't gaunt anymore, and I feel content and full of energy. I've maintained this weight (+/- a couple of pounds) for quite a few months now, with relative ease.

I feel great :o I'm sure it won't last forever though :D

WOW! Well done- I am going to say something that i've never told anyone before, i know it might cause an uproar but that is geinuingly not my intention, but i tried (but failed miserably) to develop a eating disorder. I guess it doesn't make any sort of sense me saying this out loud (or writing this) but it does to me... but it was something that i tried

I am sorry if this upsets anyone, but it feels good to share that little tidbit with 'virtual strangers'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    How odd, I can't answer with a simple 'yes' - too short.
  • Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very happy, for the first time in my life!

I'm a recovered (recovering?) anorexic... finally feal I've beaten it after 10 years. My body is still slim, at the threshold of underweight (9st 1lb at 5' 10"), but my face isn't gaunt anymore, and I feel content and full of energy. I've maintained this weight (+/- a couple of pounds) for quite a few months now, with relative ease.

I feel great :o I'm sure it won't last forever though :D

Aw that's great to hear :)
    Gives me hope too! I've had anorexia, but my 'recovery' led to bulimia, so reading your post makes me hopeful :)
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'm happy with my weight.

I'm 5'6'' and about 57kg.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    no but I don't have the will power to do anything about it. I know what I need to do but I can't be bothered and when I do try I give up. I am not hugely overweight and I carry the extra weight reasonably well but I know I need to lose weight. but chocolate and fizzy drinks get in the way.

I lost weight when I went to Uni, I did a lot of walking and ate sensibly and when I came home at the end of my first term my Dad told me I looked really slim(I had lost two dress sizes), however since working full-time in an office where I sit on my bum all day the weight has slowly crept up even more so since I stopped getting the train and walking 30 minutes from the station to the office and then back again. Now the only walking I do is from the car park to the office. I do try and walk as much as possible when I am not at work.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but im working on it.

I was at my happiest at 10 stone. Thats my goal. Everything fit me at 10 stone.

I have been fat for years now. I went up to 14.5 stone and have been that way for about 7yrs. I started to do something about it in January and im now 11.8 stone. This time next year i would love to say that i have reached my goal.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RhiMi wrote: »
    WOW! Well done- I am going to say something that i've never told anyone before, i know it might cause an uproar but that is geinuingly not my intention, but i tried (but failed miserably) to develop a eating disorder. I guess it doesn't make any sort of sense me saying this out loud (or writing this) but it does to me... but it was something that i tried

I am sorry if this upsets anyone, but it feels good to share that little tidbit with 'virtual strangers'

It's certainly nothing to be ashamed about. It seems like a fairly common desire, although of course woefully naïve, misguided and concerning. I met a few people in recovery who'd started out with a vague idea that they 'wanted to be anorexic' because it was somehow glamorous, and sadly ended up very severely ill, desperately wishing they could turn the clock back. Of course, they all had underlying emotional problems that meant they couldn't stop themselves from progressing from fad diet to serious mental illness, and didn't realise they were 'in too deep' until much too late.

As a teenager I had friends tell me that I looked awful and skeletal, but then a couple of minutes later they'd ask me what I ate, and tell me they wished they could eat such small amounts.

I'm pleased for you that your attempts failed!

Mel1314 wrote: »
    Aw that's great to hear :)
    Gives me hope too! I've had anorexia, but my 'recovery' led to bulimia, so reading your post makes me hopeful :)

I also developed bulimia a few years ago, whilst trying to recover from anorexia, so I know how easy it can be to slip from one to the other :(

Be hopeful! I never ever thought there was even a small chance of me genuinely developing a healthy relationship with food again - never starving or bingeing, but I really am, and I feel so much better for it. I wasn't properly ready to recover until now... I'm sure one day you'll be ready and able too :)
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a tiny little thing for ages. Then I had a baby -- struggled with my weight ever since. I squeeze into a size 14 now on a good day. :( I know size 14 isn't considered fat, but I'm small and have a tiny frame, so you really, really see the fat.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with my weight, 5'7" and 52 Kilos I used to be very underweight, and i was also happy with my weight but for the fact that other people seemed obsessed by it.

I think very few people are totally happy with the way they look, I'm not, but I can't complain much, i do believe where weight is concerned, nature has been kind to me.
  • vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm happy with it now, wasn't entirely satisfied with it before though. ( I was too skinny). I eat healthily most of the time, but I also like takeways, wine, crisps and chocolate every now and then. I don't put on any weight when I eat those things, which I guess is lucky. The idea of dieting is alien to me.
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Sometimes.
  • Dangerous.DaveDangerous.Dave Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think weight is important. How you look undressed in front of the mirror is.
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i want to lose the 2 stone i have put on since I met my hubby. I think the final straw for me was when i was in asda last week and a woman was giving out chocolate samples and she asked if i would like to buy a box for me.. and baby!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember having my photo taken with my wife a few years ago, it was then I realised what a fat git I was at 17.5 stone (5.10")

I'm now about 14.5 stone, not exactly slim, but i'm happy with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

I was 19st1lb in September 2010 and I'm currently 14st11lbs. I'm 5'5''.

But I am still overweight and feel huge. Still really self conscious as well, even though everyone else tells me a look a lot different.
  • the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, mostly. I'm 4" & weigh 30 kilos.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hell to the No!

Over the past couple of years Ive gain 4 stone, Im only 5 foot 5 as well, so now Im 13stone. I hate the way I look, people say, oh you look healthy and should put more weight on.... hmmmmm, no. Like yeah, Ive got a bit of tubby and I havnt fit into 28inch waist skinny jeans in a long while, but when I went to check my body mass index, I was only expecting to be at the end of the 'Normal Weight' part.

No, I dont even fit into 'Overweight' Im bloody Obese, and this is from the NHS website and another I used. While I dont think much of me at the mo, its just been shattered by this word 'obese' being used to describe me!!!

How I wish for a time machine to go back and say lay off that!!! and show a picture of my today-self, then yesteryear-Scotty would be like Noooooooooo, and know better then to be so unhealthy, f---ing obese!
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am 5'2 and 7.5st I eat normally and yeah would say am happy with my weight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    It's certainly nothing to be ashamed about. It seems like a fairly common desire, although of course woefully naïve, misguided and concerning. I met a few people in recovery who'd started out with a vague idea that they 'wanted to be anorexic' because it was somehow glamorous, and sadly ended up very severely ill, desperately wishing they could turn the clock back. Of course, they all had underlying emotional problems that meant they couldn't stop themselves from progressing from fad diet to serious mental illness, and didn't realise they were 'in too deep' until much too late.

As a teenager I had friends tell me that I looked awful and skeletal, but then a couple of minutes later they'd ask me what I ate, and tell me they wished they could eat such small amounts.

I'm pleased for you that your attempt failed

I totally understand what you are saying, I also thank you for not judging me either
  • madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    No. It's the one thing I really hate.

People tell me I don't need to lose any more weight, but it's how I feel.

I've even been told that if I lose any more I will hurt myself. lol... actually been told I have a problem.

The thing is I'm about 6"1 and last time I weighed myself was 14 stone and that was after having lost two stone.

I'd like to get down to 12 stone and then see how I feel.

It's all my own fault though. I am lazy and eat shit.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 6ft 3- 6ft 4' depending on time of day.

I'm around 86kg or there abouts....again depending on time of day and whether I've just had a burger. :p

I want to get to around 80kg then I'd be happy. Was over 125kg just under a year go. It's not that I'm 'unhappy' with my current weight but do want to lose a few more pounds. Although it's Christmas soon, is this the time to speak about weight!!?!?!
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could do to lose 3-4lbs, so I'd be just below 10 stone, especially from my thighs

I get really nauseous(?) and light headed if I don't eat regularly, low blood pressure thing I think
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm happy with it - I'm around 7 and a half stone, about 5'1", and a size 8 in most things. My BMI is 'healthy' and I wouldn't mind putting on a bit of weight as long as it was still well within the healthy range. I don't have to make much of an effort to keep my weight constant!