Agnetha: ABBA And After?

cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
Forum Member
Anyone watching this? It's on BBC1 now.

Comments

• mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Isnt she looking old. just been years since i have seen her. Looks a good documentary so far. One of the greatest pop voices ever.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    ^ What age is she I wonder? Mum just said to me that a lot of people used to say that Agnetha was the "voice" of ABBA.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glued to this..... Agnetha was always an obsession of mine.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    ^ What age is she I wonder? Mum just said to me that a lot of people used to say that Agnetha was the "voice" of ABBA.

63. Hope her voice is still good. Probably not sound the same
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    63. Hope her voice is still good. Probably not sound the same

I think she brought out another solo album recently. It might be worth checking out.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I thought she sounded great. She's 63 and clearly not gone under the knife which I think she deserves credit for.

I thought she came across as very articulate and interesting. She's still got a great voice.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched the programme yet but interesting interview with her 9 years ago about what happened after Abba broke up.

http://www.agnethaarchives.com/articles/ced_id37.htm
  • sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the older female singers at the moment such as Agnetha Faltskog and Frida as well as Donna Summer, Barbra Streisand, Kate Bush, Cher, France Gall etc... Such good songs in a wide range of styles.

I love Agnetha's song "I Won't Let You Go" but also really love the duet she did with Tomas Ledin "Never Again".
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she sounded great. She's 63 and clearly not gone under the knife which I think she deserves credit for.

I thought she came across as very articulate and interesting. She's still got a great voice.

I watched the programme. Nothing amazing but a decent show; and Agnetha came across rather well and fairly normal.

As for Agnetha's looks; am I the only one who thinks she currently looks better than Madonna (54) does with her plastic surgery?
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was glued to this: she was so pretty back in the day! She doesn't look awful now but she doesn't look great either. Her figure on the other hand is very good.

As for her voice, it's held up remarkably well...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Hope the album gets a boost from this programme
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Hope the album gets a boost from this programme

I think I saw it at £4.49 on the Amazon MP3 site....cheaper than it was a week or so ago when it came out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    The album is now currently number 2 on iTunes. Only behind a compilation album, so top 'chartable' album. Did not expect that sort of boost!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    The album is now currently number 2 on iTunes. Only behind a compilation album, so top 'chartable' album. Did not expect that sort of boost!

It's also number 1 on amazon!