Options

Karen Carpenter

Comments

• Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notfussy wrote: »
    Speculation about contributory pharmaceuticals ;)

Nothing about Olivia Newton John then...;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Im even more confused now :confused:
  • Options
    GeneGenie7GeneGenie7 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    djc45 wrote: »
    Thanks for the PM guys.

Me too :)
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    djc45 wrote: »
    Thanks for the PM guys.

Could you send to me please :)
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys. Can anyone send the PM to me too. thank you
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love a PM as well, please? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can I please get a PM too
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Say what now?
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just post the gossip and put allegedly for god sake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    Just post the gossip and put allegedly for god sake.

That's what Im thinking, I reckon its bollox anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say what now?

There have been rumours around for a long time that Karen and Olivia Newton John had something going on but I don't believe Karen was that way inclined...I do however think ONJ is.
  • Options
    hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take note people, I prefer Pepsi but some allegedly prefer a similar drink with a different name
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Short of a slap round the head with a wet kipper to drive the allegations (as that is all they are) home, if anyone by now cannot guess the contents of the infamous pm, I don't know how many more 'clues' this thread can offer.

The ON-J thing is a new one on me, though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    Take note people, I prefer Pepsi but some allegedly prefer a similar drink with a different name

Karen Carpenter took coke and was gay? Don't think so
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Short of a slap round the head with a wet kipper to drive the allegations (as that is all they are) home, if anyone by now cannot guess the contents of the infamous pm, I don't know how many more 'clues' this thread can offer.

The ON-J thing is a new one on me, though!

Ditto on ONJ. But does anyone know whatever happened to her husband that went missing? I may have missed it. I know she has remarried since then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Minnimo wrote: »
    Ditto on ONJ. But does anyone know whatever happened to her husband that went missing? I may have missed it. I know she has remarried since then.

She buried him under the patio... or so they'd have you believe on here
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*sniggers*
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member

I missed that too. Must have been living under a rock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Carpenter took coke and was gay? Don't think so

So the PM is all about her allegedly taking that stuff with the same name as the drink...?

I thought it might be about the alleged *closeness* between her and her brother :blush:

I've read quite a bit elsewhere about that, like the topic is no secret.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread's taken a horrible turn. People suggesting Karen was a coke head, sleeping with Olivia Newton John or in an incestuous relationship with her brother. Really disgusting. Some of you have very vivid imaginations and far too much time on your hands.

Karen was a lost soul with a beautiful voice. I was lucky enough to see her perform live when I was very young and she was mesmerising.

Easy seeing you can't libel the dead or this thread would be shut down instantly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread's taken a horrible turn. People suggesting Karen was a coke head, sleeping with Olivia Newton John or in an incestuous relationship with her brother. Really disgusting.

Yes, I agree.

I think it's one thing to gossip a bit in PM form but some of the things being said in this thread now are very below the belt considering there will never be any proof either way and Karen has been dead for over 30 years. I think some people are just saying any old rubbish because they can, at this point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree.

I think it's one thing to gossip a bit in PM form but some of the things being said in this thread now are very below the belt considering there will never be any proof either way and Karen has been dead for over 30 years. I think some people are just saying any old rubbish because they can, at this point.

If you're bothered to go google you will find that much that has been said here has been said around and about for some time.

I think gossiping in PM form is a snide form of gossiping anyway. Especially as she has been dead for over 30 years.

Who cares? those who started this thread over three years ago and those who have carried it on since. And those who just had to have the PM.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're bothered to go google you will find that much that has been said here has been said around and about for some time.

I think gossiping in PM form is a snide form of gossiping anyway. Especially as she has been dead for over 30 years.

Who cares? those who started this thread over three years ago and those who have carried it on since. And those who just had to have the PM.

Well you're the one making the worst insinuations, suggesting she had a sexual relationship with both Olivia Newton John and her own brother.

I don't think you can really take the moral high ground here with regard to PM gossiping being anymore "snide" than the nasty remarks you've already made.

You really seem to be a very unpleasant person.

ETA - Just realised you're inactive....what a surprise...
  • Options
    hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People wanted to know what the pms were about. Nobody AT ALL claimed they were fact, but allegations from someone who was apparently on the scene at the time. Calm yourself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think gossiping in PM form is a snide form of gossiping anyway.

Totally disagree.