✭✭
    I had to laugh at his toast to the departed housemates - "F*ck 'em!" :D

Very funny man
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.
    I never rated him as a stand up comedian.
    I'm not saying that he wasn't any good, as he was very successful, it's just that he wasn't to my taste.

But as himself I find him very funny.
    He's got a quick wit and I find his spontaneous humour much funnier than I've ever seen him while doing a stage act.
  • Options
    **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    To Louisa:-

“Do we have to form a queue to have a f*cking argument with you or do you just willy nilly pick people?”

:D
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I don't why but just the way he said "f**k this* after Luisa called him the Grim Reaper creases me up.I love his miserable,deadpan delivery.
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shotgun comment, lol
  • Options
    labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    The shotgun comment, lol

That was really funny " I'd pull the trigger" :D
  • Options
    SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His "I'd rather put my balls in an egg slicer" comment still makes me chuckle every time I think of it. :D
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,198
    Forum Member
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    The shotgun comment, lol

Classic :D

Loved his 'I'd rather put my balls in an egg slicer' than have sex with Linda. And the Polo mint gag lol.

And the way he kept saying "Oh dear" after Linda stormed out into the garden to give him a telling off :D
  • Options
    VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member
    My son watched the final tonight, he doesn't really watch BB very much and has barely seen much of this years CBB but he was laughing out Loud at Jim's humorous remarks tonight and said to me "that Jim guy is really funny", I think he is naturally funny too.

I thought Ollie's impersonation of Jim in the DR was also quite funny, Jim is probably a guy that most people can relate to, be it their grandfather or father in the way that they act when there is too much noise.
  • Options
    labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " I wear my heart on my sleeve" moaned Lee

" Good job you've got two sleeves then" said Jim

haha
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    His Polo joke :p
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said something too about having to sleep near Linda Nolan being like a prison sentence and "you wouldn't get that for murder" :D
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't why but just the way he said "f**k this* after Luisa called him the Grim Reaper creases me up.I love his miserable,deadpan delivery.

I loved his reply to Big Brother when asked who he'd sleep with out of Linda and Liz. He said that if he had to put a gun to his head....he'd pull the trigger.:D:D
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I loved his reply to Big Brother when asked who he'd sleep with out of Linda and Liz. He said that if he had to put a gun to his head....he'd pull the trigger.:D:D

:D:D:D Classic.

He's got great timing.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like the 'roll on death' line.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    He did have a few brilliant one liners :D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I also can't stand Jim onstage, as Jim the comedian. I absolutely detested him before CBB and only tuned it to start with, to see how horrible he was going to be.

So I was shocked when he kept making me laugh - as Jim, the man (or Cameron, his real name, as he said) - and I started to like him, amazingly! He's got a natural superfast wit and can be very funny indeed.

I'm so pleased for him that he won, well deserved.
  • Options
    goldenhairgoldenhair Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find his deadpan delivery a lot funnier than Jack Dee actually.
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were so many great one liners, but "roll on death" or when asked how his evening could of been improved "I could die" were my favourites :D
  • Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **JennaJ** wrote: »
    To Louisa:-

“Do we have to form a queue to have a f*cking argument with you or do you just willy nilly pick people?”

:D

agreed that was the best line for me :D
  • Options
    soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member

This is what cracked me up about Jim too!! My dad is exactly like that, which is why I took to Jim so much! Lol
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    'Roll on death' i did love that.

One od my other faves was 'another vat of wine dear?' To linda.
    But they havent shown it since ! :(
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Jim's a bit of a Basil Fawlty fan I think. When he asked Linda, "another vat of wine, dear?" Not sure if he may have stopped short of calling her "my little piranha fish!" though. :D

Edit: Just saw Jenna's post - yes a bit of Monty Python thrown in too. Similar to, "Is this a 5 minute argument or the full half hour!"
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I also can't stand Jim onstage, as Jim the comedian. I absolutely detested him before CBB and only tuned it to start with, to see how horrible he was going to be.

So I was shocked when he kept making me laugh - as Jim, the man (or Cameron, his real name, as he said) - and I started to like him, amazingly! He's got a natural superfast wit and can be very funny indeed.

I'm so pleased for him that he won, well deserved.

Yeah, his material is a bit old hat now anyway, but I don't think he is a bad bloke in himself, and of what I saw (and read here) here, he does have a sparkling wit, which combined with his curmudgeonly, deadpan delivery, is very funny. He seems to have a lot more humility too, so I hope he can build on this and see what the public have seen in him, and maintain it.