Options

Why does the DM readers hate Cheryl Cole?

Comments

• Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    she said racist remarks !

then her managment married her off to ashley cole! ( to make her look good )

all you have to do is look at the time line of events

She was cleared of the racially aggravated part of the assault and convicted of assault.

That is a fact.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/oct/21/helencarter
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand. Do I have to start reading the DM because I don't care for Biffa or despite the fact that she barely registers on my radar?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you should read things about her before she married Cole

I have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Do Daily Mail readers like anyone but themselves?

It would seem not.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I don't mind her as a person but I don't think she can sing or dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just remember facts that happened at the time!..

Funny how you're not putting down what she was supposed to have said.
  • Options
    Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    I don't understand. Do I have to start reading the DM because I don't care for Biffa or despite the fact that she barely registers on my radar?

what does biffa mean?
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    what does biffa mean?

CC's nickname on here for punching the toilet attendant.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail readers hate everyone! If they are not talking about you, then you need to worry.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Why does she always have to have her mother hanging about with her?

Pics from saturday....Cheryl steps out with her new guy....mother five feet behind as usual. It's a bit bizarre.

Her mother was supporting her daughter for BGT.. That's what families do.. Her brother was there as well. She's not with her all the time! Unless you are?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm sure Cheryl's not bothered about the moronic, idiotic and jealous bints that comment over at the Daily Mail site anyway.
    It is quite obvious. Some of us have noticed this. It will always be the case for some though. Certain celebrities will always be hated by some.
    Precisely. It's conveniently only Cheryl that gets 'remembered' the most by some.
    I'm not talking about what's said in a thread, but when there's a thread made about her.
    I'm talking about threads that slate Cheryl by 'some'.
    I'll just stick to 'some'. The thing about the 'some' that slate Cheryl is that they never have anything good to say about her, ever.
    Nope. I'm saying that some go overboard with their dislike of certain female celebrities.
    I have.
    It would seem not.
    Funny how you're not putting down what she was supposed to have said.

Not a single post on topic.
    Just constant criticism of fms. >:( >:(

Imho CC is a nasty piece of work who got lucky.
    Cannot understand how she managed it. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then you've obviously not looked properly.
    Cheryl stated in her biography that her mother had a separate house to her and Ashley when they were living together. I imagine the same to be the case now that she's split from him.
    I suppose some might think like that. I don't see anything wrong with a mother having a house very close to her daughter and husband. She wasn't living with them.

Quoting a lot of my posts in this thread in order to make a negative post towards me doesn't really bother me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've also made some off-topic posts as well.
    I love a good rant............and that's a great one.
    Spot on.

We're all dead jelluz.

Threads don't always stay exactly on topic. All the forums on here that I've posted on, the threads have always went off-topic at times.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    Because, apparently, disliking, or not finding someone who happens to have a vagina supremely talented is equatable to jellusy, hatred, bitterness, misogyny et al. Everyone who criticises our Chezza is a 40 stone spinster who doesn't appreciate how difficult it is to mime in a pair of harem trousers to a manufactured backing track and spout lots of platitudes like 'you're reet up my street' to contenstants they mentor on a 'talent' show.

Actually, I don't mind Cheryl. She's not the only manufactured popstar in the world and she won't be the last and fair play to her for making so much out of so little talent.

But let's be real here - everyone has celebrities they like and dislike and everyone's opinions are valid. If the only contribution people can make is to criticise other FM's and tar them all with the same brush, it doesn't say much about their intellectual prowess or rationale.

I share your view. In fact sometimes the extreme ignorance displayed by the "jellusy" brigade is highly amusing.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    As I understand it when married she would on legal stuff be Cheryl Cole nee Tweedy
    So it would follow that divorced she would be The former Mrs Cole
    Having said that she can keep it as her stage name
    As I said in my preevious post I was being as tongue in cheek about it as the poster who brought it up in the first place

At the end of the day it's of no importance what her name is or was the thread is really about her talent and temperament and surfeit (Overabundance) or lack of 😄 ..

Not necessarily, my friend's mum got divorced and still kept her married name.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    she said racist remarks !

then her managment married her off to ashley cole! ( to make her look good )

all you have to do is look at the time line of events

No she didn't and no they didn't. I'm sure they forced her to have a relationship with Tre, another black man too didn't they.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By the way, where did I criticise forum members in the first quote in your post?
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    I'm shocked to find that Ms Cole is an ambassador to L'Oreal, the French comestics company who are responsible for conducting chemical experiments on animals such as baboons in their laboratories. She doesn't get my respects for this!

Actually, that's why I have no time for her or indeed anyone who advertises for that company. I have never bought anything from them and never will. I am and always have been of the opinion that anyone who accepts jobs and fees from them is devoid of any moral conscience.

As for Ms Cole herself as a person, I couldn't care less. I have no feelings about her other than the disdain that any advocate of L'Oreal engenders from me.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because, apparently, disliking, or not finding someone who happens to have a vagina supremely talented is equatable to jellusy, hatred, bitterness, misogyny et al. Everyone who criticises our Chezza is a 40 stone spinster who doesn't appreciate how difficult it is to mime in a pair of harem trousers to a manufactured backing track and spout lots of platitudes like 'you're reet up my street' to contenstants they mentor on a 'talent' show.

And to offer the obvious counter argument - everyone who doesn't criticise our Chezza is not "riding to the rescue", in love with her, a fan, defending her or 'white knighting'.
    But let's be real here - everyone has celebrities they like and dislike and everyone's opinions are valid. If the only contribution people can make is to criticise other FM's and tar them all with the same brush, it doesn't say much about their intellectual prowess or rationale.

I can certainly accept this, absolutely. But your last sentence is somewhat of an example as to why the issue tends to blow up more often than not. And I'm not specifically talking about Cole either, but the general treatment of many female celebrities in Showbiz.

While I do understand where you're coming from, it's little digs like that which, clearly, do come from both sides of the fence that tend to exacerbate the situation IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly guilty of more than a few digs myself, but more often than not it's born out of annoyance at having the same accusations levelled at me over and over again.

Which, again, I don't doubt applies to both sides.

Thing is, I really don't think there'll ever be a happy medium though. I think, like it or not, certain female celebrities and the showbiz forum will always be a fractious topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, where did I criticise forum members in the first quote in your post?

I say criticise, but I would say more pointing things out.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to offer the obvious counter argument - everyone who doesn't criticise our Chezza is not "riding to the rescue", in love with her, a fan, defending her or 'white knighting'.

I can certainly accept this, absolutely. But your last sentence is somewhat of an example as to why the issue tends to blow up more often than not. And I'm not specifically talking about Cole either, but the general treatment of many female celebrities in Showbiz.

While I do understand where you're coming from, it's little digs like that which, clearly, do come from both sides of the fence that tend to exacerbate the situation IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly guilty of more than a few digs myself, but more often than not it's born out of annoyance at having the same accusations levelled at me over and over again.

Which, again, I don't doubt applies to both sides.

Thing is, I really don't think there'll ever be a happy medium though. I think, like it or not, certain female celebrities and the showbiz forum will always be a fractious topic.

Never suggested thus.

BUT - just as some see some sort of 'bitchy crusade' against female celebs being indicative of a certain type of FM, on the other side of the coin, there are also those FM's who persist in posting thus without offering much of an opinion on the female celeb(s) in question and simply charging in and criticising fellow FM's if they offer an opinion which might be anathema to them.

I actually don't think there's anything wrong with my last sentence. In actual fact, making personal digs at FM's IS against forum T&C's - especially when no other 'debate' or opinion is offered. As a recent example, a lot of FM's copped a massive load of flak on a thread about Danielle Lloyd. We were accused of 'enjoying the fact that she was racist' being 'bitter' and 'jellus'. But none of these protagonists actually seemed to have an opinion about Ms Lloyd herself. As she was the subject of the thread, this did seem somewhat surprising - and rather tiresome and potentially O/T.

Similarly, with Cole (who I don't mind as I have said previously), we again get told that we are 'always' criticising her blah blah blah. But no opinion is elicited. IMHO, this makes the charge less intellectually stable and more just about having a dig.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But when people have just written what we were referring to we are accused of not being truthful or just slagging her off

Read some of the articles 🙀they can't all be telling lies

What articles? Again, I'm not going to go looking through the millions of pages that appear to look for the right one.

Yes, they can be. It's called gossip. Do you think blind items tell the truth if they rehash similar stories about one particular celebrity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never suggested thus.

BUT - just as some see some sort of 'bitchy crusade' against female celebs being indicative of a certain type of FM, on the other side of the coin, there are also those FM's who persist in posting thus without offering much of an opinion on the female celeb(s) in question and simply charging in and criticising fellow FM's if they offer an opinion which might be anathema to them.

I actually don't think there's anything wrong with my last sentence. In actual fact, making personal digs at FM's IS against forum T&C's - especially when no other 'debate' or opinion is offered. As a recent example, a lot of FM's copped a massive load of flak on a thread about Danielle Lloyd. We were accused of 'enjoying the fact that she was racist' being 'bitter' and 'jellus'. But none of these protagonists actually seemed to have an opinion about Ms Lloyd herself. As she was the subject of the thread, this did seem somewhat surprising - and rather tiresome and potentially O/T.

Similarly, with Cole (who I don't mind as I have said previously), we again get told that we are 'always' criticising her blah blah blah. But no opinion is elicited. IMHO, this makes the charge less intellectually stable and more just about having a dig.

Terms and Conditions state:
    4.2. Users of the Discussion Forums warrant and undertake that they will not:
    post libellous or defamatory comments;
    post anything relating to any ongoing or pending trial;
    post content which you have copied from someone else (i.e. you do not own the copyright);
    use profanities;
    post a personal insult about another user;
    advertise or solicit;
    impersonate another user;
    Where have I posted a personal insult about another forum member in this thread? Anyway, I can't bothered with this anymore.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    What articles? Again, I'm not going to go looking through the millions of pages that appear to look for the right one.

Yes, they can be. It's called gossip. Do you think blind items tell the truth if they rehash similar stories about one particular celebrity?

As I said there are plenty of articles many by people and friends she knew worked with and who grew up with her some are gossip but many aren't
    As for the court appearance that most certainly Is FACT
    COURT PROCEEDINGS ARE PUBLIC RECORD
    SHE WAS CONVICTED
    the opening post was asking the question why she's not liked
    I and many others have replied politely and courteously
    ITS NOT MY PLACE TO PERSONALLY SELECT ITEMS FOR YOU ..and even if I did not doubt you'd find fault with them anyway wouldn't you ???
    COULD IT BE IF YOU LOOK YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND ???
    But as it's becoming increasingly obvious we are going around in circles this is my last post on the subject
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said there are plenty of articles many by people and friends she knew worked with and who grew up with her some are gossip but many aren't
    As for the court appearance that most certainly Is FACT
    COURT PROCEEDINGS ARE PUBLIC RECORD
    SHE WAS CONVICTED
    the opening post was asking the question why she's not liked
    I and many others have replied politely and courteously
    But as it's becoming increasingly obvious we are going around in circles this is my last post on the subject

Of assault, not anything to do with racism.
This discussion has been closed.