New Doctor Who Fan (Part C. Baker)

Comments

• dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope any movie that they produce does not include Billie Piper.

The ten/rose combination was (IMO) the worse doctor/companion paring of the new series.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »

Brilliant! Now why didn't Jackson Lake think of that?
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone. :D

I've been AWOL for a bit because I ended up in the hospital again. I've had epilepsy for years and it has raised it's ugly head again. Had tests and stuff. I'm still not myself so that's why I've not been around. Pounding headache being the worst thing. :(

I came home to discover that my dvd player was broken. :( The one I watch most of my DW on too!!!

However, good news!! I've replaced it with a blu-ray player. :D Yay!

Congratulations to CHJ on a the expected little girl janitor. :)

Glad to hear your eyes are a lot better Weedle. I can sympathise after having impaired vision last year for a while. I hope you continue to get better. :)

Nice to see Crazzy posting again. :)

I've loved reading your excerpts and observations on 'The Writer's Tale'. As you know I got the old version for my birthday so I've read up to the end of s4. It's fantastic and fascinating.

What RTD says about
    the forums (citing GB) made me think about some of the posts on this place lately and wonder how they can be so unkind. They don't have to like everything but the personal stuff must hurt.

I'm quite behind now with watching / listening to stuff, but I will get organised soon, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

eta: Happy new thread everyone. *raises glass*

Thanks SM and hugs again, sounds like you need them. :(:)
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    kw4121 wrote: »

If it does go ahead i would like it to be its own thing and not connected to the series as such but still doctor who !

Ken

You mean like, perhaps, a human inventor named "Dr. Who?"

Please, no.'

Frankly, having listened to the intervierw it doesn't sound like anything at all. She's heard a couple of things, but if every movie that was talked about ended up being made. there'd be more cinemas than Starbucks. There's still no deal, no script, no committment, no casting. And most importantly, no indication whatsoever that a wide American audience is even slightely interested in Doctor Who. The few Americans who are fans of the show would detest any Americanisation of it in an attempt to attract a wider audience.

It was a bad idea in 1996 on TV, and a worse idea now with a highly succesful series on the air. And for those who thought Matt Smith was too young for the role I have two words: Robert Pattinson.
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Everyone.

I've been AWOL for a bit because I ended up in the hospital again. I've had epilepsy for years and it has raised it's ugly head again. Had tests and stuff. I'm still not myself so that's why I've not been around. Pounding headache being the worst thing.

I came home to discover that my dvd player was broken. The one I watch most of my DW on too!!!

However, good news!! I've replaced it with a blu-ray player. Yay!

Congratulations to CHJ on a the expected little girl janitor.

Glad to hear your eyes are a lot better Weedle. I can sympathise after having impaired vision last year for a while. I hope you continue to get better.

Nice to see Crazzy posting again.

I've loved reading your excerpts and observations on 'The Writer's Tale'. As you know I got the old version for my birthday so I've read up to the end of s4. It's fantastic and fascinating.

What RTD says about
    the forums (citing GB) made me think about some of the posts on this place lately and wonder how they can be so unkind. They don't have to like everything but the personal stuff must hurt.

I'm quite behind now with watching / listening to stuff, but I will get organised soon, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

eta: Happy new thread everyone. *raises glass*

Hey SheMoore great to see you back. I was wondering where you were. I hope you feel more yourself soon. :)
    (and if you can't feel yourself ask someone else to do it for you. ;):D )
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Although it is officially regarded as a story, since there are 14 (yes 14) parts it's actually really a whole series.

And one that really saw the beginning of the end for the classic series, imho.

The idea of 14parts has put me off already.
    Totally agree. The internet has brought forth a new breed of 'brave cowards'. People who think they can say what they like because of a lack of consequences.

Yes I agree. Horrid, nasty people and totally unnecessary. They only do it becasue they can, and as you say they know there will be no repercussions.
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    well i do read a bit before bed, but i like to take it out with me as it's a good book to pick up and read a bit of here and there when your on the train to/from work.

I take RTD and co to bed with me too.:D
    *clinks glass for new thread*

I've been skim-reading but haven't been posting. I have just finished watching Silent Witness on Iplayer and I can tell you it was a mistake to watch it this late. At least I had someone to share the scares with and wasn't watching alone. Mr Decker from Children of Earth (on topic ;)) was in it and it was good to see him playing a good guy. A lot of the episode creeped me out but at least he didn't this time. I know it's late but I'm rather creeped out and not sure if I can get to sleep; it was set in a university you see...

Hi clever chick, I hope you managed to sleep through the night. :eek:

Morning Webby. Ooh clever! I want one. :D
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    syramu wrote: »
    I was looking forward to reading The Writer's Tale because I'd like to see a more rounded picture of RTD as a writer. On the Confidentials and in interviews he usually comes off as very proud of his work, very salesmanlike.

Does he talk about Bob and Rose or The Second Coming at all? Those are his other works that I've seen.

Yes, I am about page 160 and he has mentioned both, but definitely a bit more about Bob and Rose.
    It was a bad idea in 1996 on TV, and a worse idea now with a highly succesful series on the air. And for those who thought Matt Smith was too young for the role I have two words: Robert Pattinson.

:eek:
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean like, perhaps, a human inventor named "Dr. Who?"

Please, no.'

Frankly, having listened to the intervierw it doesn't sound like anything at all. She's heard a couple of things, but if every movie that was talked about ended up being made. there'd be more cinemas than Starbucks. There's still no deal, no script, no committment, no casting. And most importantly, no indication whatsoever that a wide American audience is even slightely interested in Doctor Who. The few Americans who are fans of the show would detest any Americanisation of it in an attempt to attract a wider audience.

Timelords don't sparkle :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/ are reporting on the interview by sara cox on radio one yesterday that she has heard that a doctor who movie is in the works and that they want david to do the role sounds interesting but at the same time disrespectful to matt and the new producers!

If it does go ahead i would like it to be its own thing and not connected to the series as such but still doctor who !

Ken

I wonder if she accidently picked up on the old news item I did the other day. I very much doubt there is anything in it, as much as I would like there to be (providing RTD was behind it).
    I just hope any movie that they produce does not include Billie Piper.

The ten/rose combination was (IMO) the worse doctor/companion paring of the new series.

Wose is wonderful. :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally forgot to say HI to SheMoore :o Sorry to hear of your latest tribulations *hugs* But welcome back :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    I wonder if she accidently picked up on the old news item I did the other day. I very much doubt there is anything in it, as much as I would like there to be (providing RTD was behind it).

Wose is woeful now. :):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wose is woeful now. :):p

Actually do you think that Rose knows Ten has gone now? That he's regenerated. She's the only companion who rode with him who didn't see him before he regenerated.

I can just imagine her trying to get back across the void to find him, and not knowing he's no longer here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    THE Colin Baker in one of the nicest people on the face of the planet.

(And he's the best Doctor, too. So there. :p )

That is all.

:)
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I take RTD and co to bed with me too.:D

Meanwhile, in a dusty office on Baxter Street, Tigger-Roo's husband's lawyer reads this and not understanding the context, licks his lips in anticipation of hefty fees from a protracted divorce and custody battle.
    Forum Member
    Actually do you think that Rose knows Ten has gone now? That he's regenerated. She's the only companion who rode with him who didn't see him before he regenerated.

I can just imagine her trying to get back across the void to find him, and not knowing he's no longer here.

I can't remember if someone said this was happening or if it was just speculation, but do you remember rumours of Rose and Doctor Blue appearing in TEOT - being out and about and Doctor Blue stopping suddenly and telling Rose that Ten was gone..?

Not that it actually happened on screen!

In a way, she did see him before his regeneration, she just didn't know it as she hadn't met him yet... :confused:

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-whimey, River-Songy type thing! :D
    Forum Member

That is all.

I have never met him, but I hear that he is a lovely chap (may ketchup be upon him) and having just gotten into the audios in the last few months, his stories have been wonderful! :)

You met him Tiggs, didn't you..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But now she has her paramedic (see what I did there ;)) why would she want to come back? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is all.

I'll agree he was lovely when we met in a North Hertfordshire town. Lovely man.
    Meanwhile, in a dusty office on Baxter Street, Tigger-Roo's husband's lawyer reads this and not understanding the context, licks his lips in anticipation of hefty fees from a protracted divorce and custody battle.

:eek: Bit of a slip up there. Didn't realise I was inunendoing. :D

(rushes back to edit post......

....to change 'and co' to 'DT'. ) ;)
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    I can't remember if someone said this was happening or if it was just speculation, but do you remember rumours of Rose and Doctor Blue appearing in TEOT - being out and about and Doctor Blue stopping suddenly and telling Rose that Ten was gone..?

Not that it actually happened on screen!

In a way, she did see him before his regeneration, she just didn't know it as she hadn't met him yet... :confused:

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-whimey, River-Songy type thing! :D

Oh I didn't realise that. It would have been nice if they'd done it. So does that mean that all the advenutures with Ten have changed because she now knows he's gone? I'm lost a bit here.
    I have never met him, but I hear that he is a lovely chap (may ketchup be upon him) and having just gotten into the audios in the last few months, his stories have been wonderful! :)

You met him Tiggs, didn't you..?

I did. He made my girls laugh. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But now she has her paramedic (see what I did there ;)) why would she want to come back? :)

Well he's not the real deal is he? So she would want to know if the real deal was no longer there.

And anyway since when did 10.5 drive ambulances?:confused:
    Forum Member
    Oh I didn't realise that. It would have been nice if they'd done it. So does that mean that all the advenutures with Ten have changed because she now knows he's gone? I'm lost a bit here.

I think it was probably just speculation on someone's part - I don't know if we will ever see anything of Rose and Doctor Blue together. You never know - they might be being kept in reserve for a future story!

Maybe I should have put the regeneration thing the other way round - Ten saw Rose before he regenerated, rather than Rose saw Ten. She "saw" him, dark corner, poorly lit etc, but had no idea who he was and would be unliely to remember later anyway.

I am confusing myself now... :confused:
    Forum Member
    Well he's not the real deal is he? So she would want to know if the real deal was no longer there.

And anyway since when did 10.5 drive ambulances?:confused:

I think she would want to know if the real deal was gone - still can't see the end of her story as a truly happy ending. It is all very well to get what you always wanted, but knowing that there is another version out there, the original in fact, who didn't get to be with you despite wanting to, that has got to take the shine off.
    Forum Member
    John Barrowman's new project

Daily Mail link... I wasn't browsing, I picked it up from the showbiz forum, honest! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she would want to know if the real deal was gone - still can't see the end of her story as a truly happy ending. It is all very well to get what you always wanted, but knowing that there is another version out there, the original in fact, who didn't get to be with you despite wanting to, that has got to take the shine off.

She is going to be gutted when she finds out.

(is not real...is not real...repeat mantra Tiggs...is not real.) :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Daily Mail link... I wasn't browsing, I picked it up from the showbiz forum, honest! :o

:eek: he's going to be leader of the Daleks and infiltrate wherever the housewives live. Good idea I think. :D:D
    Forum Member
    She is going to be gutted when she finds out.

(is not real...is not real...repeat mantra Tiggs...is not real.) :o

Sometimes when I cry at something on telly, I repeat to myself "It's not real, it's only TV" over and over until I stop...
    :eek: he's going to be leader of the Daleks and infiltrate wherever the housewives live. Good idea I think. :D:D

Fantastic! :D
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not in monsters eyes lol. As she said "I dont wike Wose" cant argue with that lol

hmm would thie be enough to make me watch it. perhaps if he went on a mass killing spree on wisteria lane
This discussion has been closed.