How do you spend your weekends?

LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are your weekends different from weekdays? Do you work? Spend time relaxing?
Mine are very , very dull but hopefully a change is on the horizon.

Comments

• molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we aren't working we go to our caravan in Kent and enjoy ourselves. If I am working then we stay home and hubby goes for long walks with the dogs and I catch up on reading or do batches of baking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 50% lovely weekends and 50% rubbish ones. The trials and tribulations of a long-distance engagement alongside a knackering health condition.
    On a good weekend I see my fiancé and can sometimes go and visit - although I have to be there for about 5 days as the journey makes me very fatigued for the first couple of days. He sometimes comes here but, because he works a stupid amount of hours per week and also needs time to have his own life, he can't always come here.
    This weekend is a crap weekend where I can't get there as my legs are totally out of action and he can't come here because weekends are his only free time ever and it would be horribly selfish to demand he spends each one with me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shopping, cleaning, meeting friends for lunch, giving my mum lifts places, very routine really and would like to start to do more but never seem to have the energy when the weekends come around.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll only work if I'm on a big deadline and even then, sometimes I won't.

We have lots of daytrips to the seaside or the Dales with the kids. Sometimes we go camping. And at the moment, when the weather's been good, we usually spend one day on the local cycle track, well me and various constellation of kiddies. I have a load of gardening to do but the bike calls me.;)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband works alternate weekends. If he is working i tend to spend the whole two days doing jobs. Its as if i feel guilty being at home while he is slogging away. I might put my feet up to watch an odd film / tv show, but i spend the majority of my time cleaning.

BUT, when he is off work we tend to do more fun things together. We dont have much money so it might be popping to the garden centre for some pot plants and doing the gardening together when we get back. We might go out for lunch, or if its rubbish weather we snuggle in and watch a film with enough munchies to sink a battleship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We try to have as much fun at the weekends as possible, whether it´s partying away, going to a funky beach bar for the afternoons/evenings, or having friends over, it´s always a social affair.
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    This time of year I'm mostly to be found at the allotment. It's very relaxing b ut you do tend to turn around and find 6 hours have passed without noticing.
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Eating, drinking and wishing I felt a bit better so I could get out and about more with the kids.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    murders
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work most wekends with the odd weekend off and my OH has every weekend off. If I'm working the weekend he will go down to our allotment and work on that or do odd jobs around the flat. But when we have the rare weekend off we go for a walk, see the parents or just go for the day somewhere.
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elsquid wrote: »
    I have 50% lovely weekends and 50% rubbish ones. The trials and tribulations of a long-distance engagement alongside a knackering health condition.

That must be hard and it's stressful having up and down health , too.
    I don't think i'd like a long distance relationship for too long. Hopefully one of you can move soon so you can live together.
    This time of year I'm mostly to be found at the allotment.

I'd love to grow my own veg! Onions , bluberries and broccoli if possible. Not sure if you can grown corn and Peppers in the UK:o
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    LadyCake wrote: »
    I don't think i'd like a long distance relationship for too long. Hopefully one of you can move soon so you can live together.

I'd love to grow my own veg! Onions , bluberries and broccoli if possible. Not sure if you can grown corn and Peppers in the UK:o

Corn does great. I've got 40 plants at various stages right now. peppers are good in a greenhouse but I have more success in tubs than in the ground for some reason.

Never treid growing Blueberrys but my gooseberrys are comeing on a treat.

Digging the pumpkin pit this weekend.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    My partner has every 3rd weekend off, he works days on one and nights on the other. When he is off we tend to go out get breakfast at one of the cafe's, go out for the day or go and feed the ducks etc for bit, then on the Sunday we go for a long walk somewhere. when he is working I tend to do my own shopping, potter about the house, do a bit of gardening or baking, then the housework on the Sunday and go round to my parents for roast dinner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »

Aww, thanks. :)
    We're into our fourth year now and I have plans to move that way next year. Makes more sense, seeing as I can't work at present than making him leave his job and commute every day. I'm just waiting for my teenager to become 18, as she doesn't want to move with me but has no means of supporting herself at present. She'll be able to take it or leave it by then. (I'm going anyway, just making sure that she gets a choice)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    If we aren't working we go to our caravan in Kent and enjoy ourselves. If I am working then we stay home and hubby goes for long walks with the dogs and I catch up on reading or do batches of baking.

When not working, I like to spend quality time with my man and I stay over at his place at the weekends. We go for walks with the dog, shopping etc. We plan our holiday together and decide where we both want to go etc. We cook, iron and do everything together. Well not everything but it feels that way!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every weekend tends to be different... As a rule If the weather is nice then I am outside (be it outside a pub, in a park or even on the balcony with a good book - I hate sitting in on a lovely day!). In the colder months I tend to be more 'homely' and have DVD days etc..

Some weekends me and the OH spend a lot of time together, other's not so much (he may go night fishing for example)

Some weekends I will hardly be indoors (will be out seeing friends / family or me and the OH will toddle off somewhere for a channge of scene), other weekends we may decide to do some DIY / 'homey' things (have a big clean or go to IKEA :eek: :eek:) sometimes I just choose not to see anyone, do anything or make any plans :o

There are a few things that always mark the weekend for me though - I always try to see my nephews (I have 3 of the little monsters now!) and I tend to always have an alcoholic bevarage of some kind :o
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I try and do nothing if I can :D I don't really have a social life so it's normally internet and tv, I might tidy the house up a bit if I'm in the right mood. Sunday is usually a pj day.

I am trying to do more exercise now so I'm trying to go for walks at the weekend, I started last week and I'm all up for one tomorrow so we'll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    My weekends are dull dull dull. And I spend my whole time missing someone.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pottering about the house, gardening, slobbing out with my husband, reading a book, shopping, cooking, going to the cinema, going out for a walk, cycle or a meal.

This weekend I'll be sorting out some things in the garden and maybe having a proper spring clean of the house to make room for some of our wedding gifts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    masturbating/having sex, playing pokemon, eating pizza, watching horror films, going out, drinking far to much.
    all in all a good time is had by all.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This time of year i am usually away at festivals but Mr recession has spanked me hard so no playtime this year.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm retired, so weekends aren't the big attraction they used to be. The only thing I do different is I go and visit my sister ever Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starman700 wrote: »
    This time of year i am usually away at festivals but Mr recession has spanked me hard so no playtime this year.

Aw I wondered why you weren't going this year.:cry: Think we're all taking a spanking from Mr Recession one way or another.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch Eurovision every Saturday. Might give it a miss this week tho
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    I watch Eurovision every Saturday. Might give it a miss this week tho

Jedward!!!! This is going to be the best ever.:D