Once Upon A Time - Season 2 (UK)

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    4 ad breaks last night though. That's really taking the piss.
    I counted only three. 18-20 (shortest ever!), 26-31 and 37-41.

Pretty sure they're not allowed four internal breaks.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there was one in the first 10 minutes. If I'm wrong it means I turned over for no good reason and missed a few minutes......
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    If Demand 5 is anything to go by then there's 3 ad breaks at 16mins, 23mins & 29 mins.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    omg Snow is annoying me as much as Charming is these days - what is it with these 2??

I know what you mean, as frankly the only time I thought Snow did good was snuffing out Cora... Then what does the silly bint do?, yeah she gets all hysterical and weepy.....
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    If Demand 5 is anything to go by then there's 3 ad breaks at 16mins, 23mins & 29 mins.

The black pauses aren't necessarily where the adverts go. Channels throw them in anywhere.
    Forum Member
    The black pauses aren't necessarily where the adverts go. Channels throw them in anywhere.

The black pauses are what you see on Netflix, the times I gave were the actual ad breaks on Demand 5.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,615
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there was one in the first 10 minutes. If I'm wrong it means I turned over for no good reason and missed a few minutes......
    It looked like it was going to an ad break but it actually cut to the next scene. The first actual break was 20 minutes in. Wait for the ad bumpers.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    I know what you mean, as frankly the only time I thought Snow did good was snuffing out Cora... Then what does the silly bint do?, yeah she gets all hysterical and weepy.....

I much preferred her as Mary Margaret without her Snow persona - at least she had some kind of backbone as MM - I dont know what the writers are doing but since she has been with David/Charming she has just turned into a wet doormat (sorry)

She is also fine when she is in FTL as butt kicking Snow so I dont really understand what happens to her when she is in Storybrooke :confused:
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    I was actually expecting that portal to remain and continue growing [perhaps enveloping the whole town], actually.

I don't really understand why the bean did that. I thought the point of the magic beans was that they grew into giant bean stalks which you could climb to another world, not temporary portals which disappear shortly after opening :confused:

I thought it was a great episode, though.

I'm not convinced that Bae is Peter Pan. In the story, it is Peter Pan who takes Wendy to Neverland so that would make the shadow Peter Pan. I suppose they've changed enough that they could change that too, but why would he change his name again? First Baelfire, then Peter, then Neil :confused:
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking this season has lost it's way. I'm really not liking the "outsiders" plot and how they are waging a war on magic. I'm kinda dreading where they take it in season 3 and worry that they are ruining it's legacy.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I don't really understand why the bean did that. I thought the point of the magic beans was that they grew into giant bean stalks which you could climb to another world, not temporary portals which disappear shortly after opening :confused:

I'm not convinced that Bae is Peter Pan. In the story, it is Peter Pan who takes Wendy to Neverland so that would make the shadow Peter Pan. I suppose they've changed enough that they could change that too, but why would he change his name again? First Baelfire, then Peter, then Neil :confused:

It was abit weird, agreed. Perhaps the 'summoner' of the beans needs to call out / think of a world in mind or something?

We don't know much of the specifics behind them other than what you stated [and that the Giants alone grew them once upon a time]. This organisation Tamara and Greg are part of might just know abit more than our main cast [excluding Anton] - I bet some of them even use magic as a means to an end, despite it being 'unholy'. :rolleyes:

Baelfire / Neal doesn't have to take the name I think - Rumpelstiltskin took on The Beast's role without the name [he was just called The Dark One instead] - Peter's role has definitely been taken on by Baelfire / Neal here.

I look forward to seeing how he managed to escape Neverland [and that shadow being]...
    Forum Member

Your confusing the stories you grew up with, with the OUAT reality.
    The way to see it is that all the stories we know and loved were just made on Chinese whispers ie: Red Riding Hood being The Wolf, Rumplestiltskin being The Beast, Jack wasnt a boy and didn't actualy trade a cow for magic beans etc.
    I'm pretty sure the beanstalk/beans was all explained during the episode with the giants.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    The black pauses aren't necessarily where the adverts go.
    Actually, yes they are. In the US at least.
    Channels throw them in anywhere.
    And this is the problem. They have 4 or 5 breaks an hour whereas we have only three and, due to the rules and regulations*, they can't always put them in the same place.

(* Though I thought they'd relaxed that particular regulation a while ago. Guess not.)
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Your confusing the stories you grew up with, with the OUAT reality.
    The way to see it is that all the stories we know and loved were just made on Chinese whispers ie: Red Riding Hood being The Wolf, Rumplestiltskin being The Beast, Jack wasnt a boy and didn't actualy trade a cow for magic beans etc.
    I'm pretty sure the beanstalk/beans was all explained during the episode with the giants.

I'm not confusing anything. Beans grow into beanstalks. Not only should that be pretty obvious but we already saw the beanstalk and saw them climb the beanstalk in OUAT. We also saw that it led to another world (as I think the dialogue mentioned at the time).

Or are you suggesting that the beanstalk we saw in previous episodes didn't grow from a magic bean at all? Because that's pretty counter-intuitive, if so!

Obviously they've been playing around with the stories that we know and changing them and I suppose they could come up with some justification for why it works differently here but it just seemed unnecessarily inconsistent, to me.

Not a big deal but it bugged me!
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not confusing anything. Beans grow into beanstalks. Not only should that be pretty obvious but we already saw the beanstalk and saw them climb the beanstalk in OUAT. We also saw that it led to another world (as I think the dialogue mentioned at the time).

Or are you suggesting that the beanstalk we saw in previous episodes didn't grow from a magic bean at all? Because that's pretty counter-intuitive, if so!

Obviously they've been playing around with the stories that we know and changing them and I suppose they could come up with some justification for why it works differently here but it just seemed unnecessarily inconsistent, to me.

Not a big deal but it bugged me!
    But wasn't it a bean that the blue fairy gave Bae when he wanted to take Rumple away from Fairytale Land? And that made the same sort of portal as in this episode. And Hook used a bean to get to Neverland after whatshername died which made the same kind of swirling portal as well.

My theory is that the beans make those big sucky portals when thrown down (although I don't know how people direct where they will go), but the giants can use the beans to grow beanstalks, which will then give more magic beans. That's why the magic bean supply dried up after the war with the giants, because only a giant can turn a magic bean into a beanstalk; for everyone else it just makes a single use portal.

Incidentally I don't think the giants up the beanstalks were in a different world, it was just another part of FL.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Have I missed something?

Surely Bae knew Hook back when his mother was with him, before he went through the portal to London?
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    But wasn't it a bean that the blue fairy gave Bae when he wanted to take Rumple away from Fairytale Land? And that made the same sort of portal as in this episode. And Hook used a bean to get to Neverland after whatshername died which made the same kind of swirling portal as well.

That's what I was going to say too. In OUAT we knew the beans opened portals before there was even mention of beanstalks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Have I missed something?

Surely Bae knew Hook back when his mother was with him, before he went through the portal to London?

I think she abandoned him for gallivanting with Hook [hence why he was with Rumple to end up in that portal in the first place].
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Have I missed something?

Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    I think she abandoned him for gallivanting with Hook [hence why he was with Rumple to end up in that portal in the first place].
    Yes, I think so too. He might have seen Hook briefly when Rumple was trying to get her to come home from the pub (and Hook) and Bae walked in to find them instead of waiting outside, but he was very little at that point and he didn't talk to Hook at all so I don't think you could say he knew him.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Yes, I think so too. He might have seen Hook briefly when Rumple was trying to get her to come home from the pub (and Hook) and Bae walked in to find them instead of waiting outside, but he was very little at that point and he didn't talk to Hook at all so I don't think you could say he knew him.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any connection.

I thought there was a scene on the boat with Bae and his mother.

But maybe my memories are getting confused!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finale tonight! :D:(

Oh, and some shameless promotion from me - my OUAT related [female] t-shirts are now on sale until midnight:

https://resurgencetees.bigcartel.com/product/ouat-two-halves-one-whole
    https://resurgencetees.bigcartel.com/product/keep-calm-and-earn-your-happy-ending-female

If any guys want to nab one, then just PM / Email me the relevant details :)
  • paton1983paton1983 Posts: 2,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a wee lump in my throat there. Then I came to my senses and realised it's fairytale characters - shame on me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finale is very good, and sets up season 3 nicley.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or can't Regina perform any magic wearing gloves?
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    So do channel.5 have the rights to season 3 and has any UK broadcaster picked up once upon a wonderland