Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely bring Andrew to the best hospital for him, is what is best for Andrew. As for the girl who wanted to see him, isn t that up to the girl and her family. Going by what the family said [not Peter] he kept it touch with her and her family, before and after. Maybe not to you but to me that is nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    I'm quite sure she was asked if she wanted to be on TV. If she had said no do you think he wouldn't have done what he did?

Why the need to put her on TV in the first place? it hardly makes his motives altruistic
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So? Some celebs are so ignorant and vile they wouldn't even do that. I think it was nice of him to do something like that.

That's where you are wrong..many celebs do it and DON'T publicise it because they don't believe in profiting from a sick/dying fan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annw wrote: »
    Surely bring Andrew to the best hospital for him, is what is best for Andrew. As for the girl who wanted to see him, isn t that up to the girl and her family. Going by what the family said [not Peter] he kept it touch with her and her family, before and after. Maybe not to you but to me that is nice.

Hospitals in Australia are also very knowledgeable about cancer and could of treated him as well as here..
    What cheapens his visit to that girl is the fact he left his mic on and recorded himself being upset I believe ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annw wrote: »

I'm not saying that isn't nice, I just don't see why he has to parade her in front of the cameras. To be that is exploitation.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's where you are wrong..many celebs do it and DON'T publicise it because they don't believe in profiting from a sick/dying fan

She and her family will have been asked if they would be prepared to take part. If they said no, they wouldn't have been filmed.

If the family consented to be filmed and if someone had said they were 'profiting' from the death of their child you would be outraged, but because it's Andre out come the upholders of the moral high ground.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She and her family will have been asked if they would be prepared to take part. If they said no, they wouldn't have been filmed.

If the family consented to be filmed and if someone had said they were 'profiting' from the death of their child you would be outraged, but because it's Andre out come the upholders of the moral high ground.

If you read one of my previous posts I did point that out ... And he is "profiting" because he is getting a lot of positive press .. Any celeb who allows these times to go in the press does so to get good press..
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow just wow :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Hospitals in Australia are also very knowledgeable about cancer and could of treated him as well as here..
    What cheapens his visit to that girl is the fact he left his mic on and recorded himself being upset I believe ..

Maybe he didn't have the necessary insurance, it is similar to the States in this respect and as a British citizen was able to be treated in the UK. The Royal Marsden is one of the top cancer hospitals in the world and it seems his family were with him. Not that I saw any of Pete's show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read one of my previous posts I did point that out ... And he is "profiting" because he is getting a lot of positive press .. Any celeb who allows these times to go in the press does so to get good press..

And you choose to ignore the second paragraph.

Unsurprisingly.
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't have the necessary insurance, it is similar to the States in this respect and as a British citizen was able to be treated in the UK. The Royal Marsden is one of the top cancer hospitals in the world and it seems his family were with him. Not that I saw any of Pete's show

Andrew wouldn't have been entitled to NHS treatment - so not having the necessary insurance in Aus isn't an argument, Entitlnent for NHS in the UK is based on 'residence' in this country - not whether you were born here or hold a UK passport. If you haven't live permanently in the country for 2 years before treatment begins you have to pay for any hosptal/GP care / treatment / surgery/out patient appointments / drugs as a private patient.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And you choose to ignore the second paragraph.

Unsurprisingly.

Stop baiting please... Also If my child was ill and wanted to meet a celeb I would do everything in my power to get that meeting set up ..BUT WOULD NOT ALLOW IT IN THE MEDIA

I didn't say her parents where profiting from her death..I said Peter was by getting positive exposure ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop baiting please... Also If my child was ill and wanted to meet a celeb I would do everything in my power to get that meeting set up ..BUT WOULD NOT ALLOW IT IN THE MEDIA

I didn't say her parents where profiting from her death..I said Peter was by getting positive exposure ...

That was the child and her family choice/wish not Pete's. So if you have a dying child and she wants to appear on TV with a celeb, you will say no?
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I myself, as I am sure the Andre family would rather listen to doctors and surgeons to get the advise rather then listen to anybody else. I find it rather strange people are commenting on his
    show so strongly when they haven t watched it. There you go listening to other people rather then having first hand information. Each and everybody to their own way of thinking. When I first came on here I thought some of the posts were nasty but it was said it was tongue in cheek. Sorry it is just nasty, again what I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the child and her family choice/wish not Pete's. So if you have a dying child and she wants to appear on TV with a celeb, you will say no?

Yes I would say no.. My child's final moments are not for entertainment... I have once again said it was her parents choice...in a previous post #773
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Does anyone recollect him ever mentioning Andrew before he fell ill? PA has lived here constantly since 2004 and Andrew lived in Oz, he never ever figured in any other series PA did with and post-Katie. I can understand the grief at losing a sibling but it is not like they were joined at the hip in the same way he seems to be with Mike (who even had his own room in the house when Pete was married to Katie).
    This need for attention - remember he is the youngest of six and is simply doing the 'pay attention to me' thing that he did as a child instead he is doing it at the public now rather than his parents. He needs constant approval, he would be exhausting to live with.

Wrong actually!(BIB) Andrew had been featured on his programme before he became ill. He did feature in the KP and PA reality shows also when they visited Australia.

All the Andre brothers have featured in the programmes from time to time, as far back as when KP and PA were still together..
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Two things here ..

Firstly, lots of celebrities meet sick fans. Ever heard of the Make a Wish Campaign? I would say 99.9% of the time these meetings are never filmed.

Secondly, if they said they wanted to be filmed on camera (did they?) we don't know what was said to them off camera (if anything) that could have influenced their decision. Members of the public are very easily persuaded to go on TV, not realising what the other party is getting out of it.

It may well be a straight up genuine thing that a kid asked to meet Pete and wanted it to appear in his show - but i just question them putting that in the first episode, after everything thats happened with Andrew, and with all of us knowing the kind of character they like to portray PA as - in my opinion i think its obvious they were well aware that the segment would tug on the viewers heart strings quite a bit and make good tv. I'm not laying all the blame on Pete here, its not just him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not baiting Betty, but in the BiB you are shouting which is rather rude in itself.
    I didn't say her parents where profiting from her death..I said Peter was by getting positive exposure ....

....and I didn't say you said they were and that's just a strawman argument. What I said was
    If the family consented to be filmed and if someone had said they were 'profiting' from the death of their child you would be outraged.

Please note the BiB. Ta.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.

To deny the wish of a dying child would be cruel. If the child wanted it, and the parents consented to being filmed, who is anyone on here to cry 'Wrong!'?

Damn.

I forgot.
    It's Peter Andre and everything he does is awful and up for criticism. ;)
    Forum Member
    beaglemum wrote: »
    I think his 'lateness' appears to be part of the plan in showing that nothing is as important as his kids & that hes prepared to put them first before anything else he has to do! Its his way of pretending hes always their for them when clearly hes not!

He's clearly not there for them...really? And what facts are you basing your statement on? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

To deny the wish of a dying child would be cruel. If the child wanted it, and the parents consented to being filmed, who is anyone on here to cry 'Wrong!'?

That is what I don't understand.. That young girl got her dying wish, so what is all the fuss about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is what I don't understand.. That young girl got her dying wish, so what is all the fuss about?

It's Peter Andre Willow, and some here think he's the very devil and every little thing he does is wrong.

Even when he plays no part in any decisions made.....;) :D
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if he is being nice, he needed everyone to know he was being nice, which cancels out the nice.
    Well that is the point of the show isn't it really? From what I have gathered, it is all about Peter Andre being nice and putting over a positive image. What would make it much more exciting would be if he had a bit more character and different sides to him on camera.

Why it has lasted 8 series is still beyond me. Like I have already said, you can only stretch this sort of thing out for so long can't you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two things here ..

Firstly, lots of celebrities meet sick fans. Ever heard of the Make a Wish Campaign? I would say 99.9% of the time these meetings are never filmed.

Secondly, if they said they wanted to be filmed on camera (did they?) we don't know what was said to them off camera (if anything) that could have influenced their decision. Members of the public are very easily persuaded to go on TV, not realising what the other party is getting out of it.

It may well be a straight up genuine thing that a kid asked to meet Pete and wanted it to appear in his show - but i just question them putting that in the first episode, after everything thats happened with Andrew, and with all of us knowing the kind of character they like to portray PA as - in my opinion i think its obvious they were well aware that the segment would tug on the viewers heart strings quite a bit and make good tv. I'm not laying all the blame on Pete here, its not just him.

Yes some celebs do meet sick children, not all are on TV because they don't have their own shows.

Secondly, are you saying they were duped in to being on TV?? No, we don't know what was said, but why just assume it was all for Pete's benefit?

They had to put it in the first episode, the girl was dying, didn't have a lot of time left, she has since died. The kind of character they like to "portray" Pete as? Is he not genuine?
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Well that is the point of the show isn't it really? From what I have gathered, it is all about Peter Andre being nice and putting over a positive image. What would make it much more exciting would be if he had a bit more character and different sides to him on camera.

Why it has lasted 8 series is still beyond me. Like I have already said, you can only stretch this sort of thing out for so long can't you?

(BIB) Because enough people watch it that's why. And the really funny thing is that a lot of the people who loathe him are actually helping him to keep going.:D
This discussion has been closed.