Options

Netflix Orders Four Original Marvel Series

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great news

i hope their is room on netflix for s.h.i.e.l.d if abc cancel it.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Why are there rumours that ABC are going to cancel Agents Of SHIELD?

I'm sure other networks or Netflix would pick it up if they did do that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nah im just paranoid cos ratings dropping and i really love the show.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Why are there rumours that ABC are going to cancel Agents Of SHIELD?

I'm sure other networks or Netflix would pick it up if they did do that!

Doubt it will be dropped, as Disney owns The ABC network and Marvel. They'll do anything they can to keep it alive, so they can use it as a tool to promote their properties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope it isn't dropped by ABC as I've still got hope it will improve as a show if its given a chance!

It will be interesting to see if Agents Of SHIELD is still going by the time these Marvel Netflix shows come out though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it has been confirmed that Drew Goddard will be executive producer on the Daredevil show for Netflix.He will also write and direct the first episode of the show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as a big buffy and angel fan i am excited by news goodard will be running daredevil show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So its been announced that the Netflix Marvel tv shows will be filmed in New York starting with Daredevil this summer

It also says that The Defenders mini series will be four to eight episodes long but I don't know if this was announced before!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to these shows, just wish we didn't have to wait until next year to see them!!

Hoping for some casting news soon, would be great to see who they're getting to play each role. I watched the movie Daredevil last night, plenty of scope with the character so I'm excited!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know its a long wait till next year to watch them and I wonder if Netflix will put all the shows online at the same time or will they stagger the release of the shows!

I guess as well if Daredevil is starting filming this summer then we will get some casting news about Daredevil soon!
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its a long wait till next year to watch them and I wonder if Netflix will put all the shows online at the same time or will they stagger the release of the shows!!

I never thought of that. I'd imagine that they'll release each show one at a time - perhaps every 3 months? For instance, DAREDEVIL and all of its episode will come out first. Three months later all of the JESSICA JONES episodes will be released and so on and so forth.

I think releasing the shows that way would make more sense instead of giving us the entire thing (all 4 shows and a DEFENDERS miniseries) at once. Doing it this way would ensure NETFLIX at least a year of keeping their subscribers excited.

I'm really excited about this. Don't blow it NETFLIX! >:( :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The more I think about it the more I think they will stagger the releases of the shows as they have only announced Daredevil to start filming in the summer.So once Daredevil has finished filming then they would move into the next show!

This would make a lot more sense especially as all of the shows are going to be filmed in New York.So it might not be till 2017 when we get The Defenders!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Michael C Hall has been linked to playing Daredevil in the new Netflix tv show.This would be amazing casting but very unlikely!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So after Drew Goddard leaving Daredevil to be replaced by Steven S DeKnight.Latino Review are now reporting that Charlie Cox could be in running to play Matt Murdock in the Daredevil tv show for Netflix!
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after Drew Goddard leaving Daredevil to be replaced by Steven S DeKnight.Latino Review are now reporting that Charlie Cox could be in running to play Matt Murdock in the Daredevil tv show for Netflix!

Thanks for the updates. :)

Charlie Cox? I had to google him because I have no idea who he is. Turns out that he used to be on BOARDWALK EMPIRE - a show that I watch lol. :D I'm so bad with names but I do recognize him from the show. He was ok in it.

Good to finally see some movement on the MARVEL/NETFLIX partnership. They've been very quiet for the most part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it's been confirmed by Marvel that Charlie Cox is officially Daredevil in the new TV show!
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    :D!
    Why thank you, sir!

I just googled the characters to see what I could find out about them. They're pretty much B-List Marvel characters from the sounds of it.
    Although, apparently Luke Cage served in the Avengers in the comic series, so I guess he can't be too bad of a character. Cage's primary superpower is unbreakable skin, which isn't terribly imaginative.
    Jessica Jones isn't even a superhero, she's an ex-superhero turned private investigator. She has the ability of flight.
    Iron Fist is probably the only one that interests me (besides Daredevil). He has the ability to concentrate his "chi" into his fist, hence his name lol.

So basically, the "Defenders" will be the Avengers on TV made up of B-List superheroes. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing or anything.

They're not even 'b' list, they are 'd' list!>:( With the obvious exception of Daredevil, whom would benefit from a gritty NYC series.

There is far richer pickings in the mutant world. Rather than giving Kitty Pryde a bit part in the new X move, they should've invested in a tv series on her.

The character of Rogue could've had a whole movie trilogy based on her life alone! Not the pathetic watered down movie version.
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member

Do start every sentence with the word "so"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    They're not even 'b' list, they are 'd' list!>:( With the obvious exception of Daredevil, whom would benefit from a gritty NYC series.

There is far richer pickings in the mutant world. Rather than giving Kitty Pryde a bit part in the new X move, they should've invested in a tv series on her.

The character of Rogue could've had a whole movie trilogy based on her life alone! Not the pathetic watered down movie version.

kitty pryde and rogue will be owned by fox so marvel cannot make a tv show about them based in the avengers universe.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    kitty pryde and rogue will be owned by fox so marvel cannot make a tv show about them based in the avengers universe.

Fox only own the Film Rights.

I believe Disney/Marvel own the TV Rights to all (or most) of their characters.

Of course it may be that a Netflix produced show would come under a third banner (neither Film or TV).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Fox only own the Film Rights.

I believe Disney/Marvel own the TV Rights to all (or most) of their characters.

Of course it may be that a Netflix produced show would come under a third banner (neither Film or TV).

no idea about that, although i have to say i much rather a daredevil or it on fist tv show than kitty pryde lol

its good they are giving their B listers some exposure, knowing marvel the defenders could be part of a mega war in avengers 3 that also includes guardians of the galaxy team.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Englishman/Brit playing a superhero :D. I'm not sure about Charlie Cox to be honest - he doesn't quite have the look of a dark, tortured soul like Daredevil (Michael C Hall was my preferred choice for this reason), but as long as he can act good, then it's fine by me. I will reserve judgement on him until the show airs. I guess he can't be any worse than Ben Affleck was :o.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Well, DC has Arrow and Flash, and Marvel are putting this together - in addition to Agents. Will be interesting to see the ratings and fallout. Hopefully DC will have Arrow and Flash cameo in a big screen feature not too far down the line also.

I wonder also whether these four will feature at all in Agents of Shield...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be great if they could sort out some way to link Agents Of SHIELD into these four Netflix shows.Even if its just an Agent Coulson cameo in them!

Sorry treasure hunter for my overuse of So at the start of my previous posts and how it offended you!
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vision & Scarlett Witch would make for either a good movie/tv series, and back in the day, they were 'A' list with a very original back story.

The New Mutants is BEGGING for movie/tv series, infact, a dark gritty tv series would probably do them justice, AHS stylee. Covering the Claremont/Sienkiewicz years.

Cage & Fist were always NAFF!

Moon Knight would be better.