Options

Apart from forgetting the Words I actually thought Tamera was really good

Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Especially near the end the high notes when she was belting out was really amazing .

Comments

• Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did well but let's face it she forgot her words and so prepare for B2 tomorrow tonight
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, i thought it started out a bit shaky and was a bit awkward but the second half, minus forgetting the words was really good. I thought it was cool too and showed her to be like a popstar.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    the hip hop bit she did was really good ;):p:D
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think she will be bottom 2 tomorrow she was on later in the show so more people saw her, so her fans know she is not save so they will pick up the vote a vote.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I just don't get her attitude.

She comes across like she couldn't be a*sed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yea I thought he was good - she commands the stage and actually is the only 'real' popstar there. she looks great on stage and has showed that she can perform and not just stand there, lord knows why she's only been allowed to do it twice.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I agree the it's a shame she forgot the words but I thought the ending section in particular was amazing .
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I agree I thought she was doing good before it happened but the end section was really good when she was belting out .
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, again with Tameras performances, I found it to have great potential but failed to go anywhere really. There was a beat added to the song which she didnt take advantage of and she sang in too much a theatrical manner which didnt suit her voice.

I'm so disappointed with her on the show cos she just seems to have so much potential but all of her performances have been underwhelming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wise-up wrote: »
    I agree, i thought it started out a bit shaky and was a bit awkward but the second half, minus forgetting the words was really good. I thought it was cool too and showed her to be like a popstar.
    Yes I agree.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's alright. Nowhere near as good as some on here think
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just seems like the perfect package, something is still missing though (not just a few words) :D

I think it might be because she sounds different every week, I'm not sure I know Tamera's voice yet?
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    If you sing a Shirley Bassey song, expect a comparison with Shirley Bassey. She was nowhere near. The lyric has a quirkiness that she couldn't get close to. It was classic 'song too big for the singer' stuff.

David McAlmont sang it better and he's a bloke.
  • Options
    daljuldaljul Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    These songs are just too big for her. She has not got the maturity or the emotional connection to carry them off.

I think she needs to get some more experience doing songs more suited to her style, that way she might at least look like she is enjoying the experience.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was really good tonight, by far her best week. If Nicholas hadn't sung so amazingly tonight she'd have been my favourite this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daljul wrote: »
    These songs are just too big for her. She has not got the maturity or the emotional connection to carry them off.

I think she needs to get some more experience doing songs more suited to her style, that way she might at least look like she is enjoying the experience.

This is why I wanted her to come back in 2 years time because I didn't think she was ready and tonight actually proved it but anyway she is here now so we will see what happens
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reminds me alot of Rebecca Ferguson in terms of potential. I much preferred Rebecca to Matt and was always willing her on, but yet many of her performances failed to deliver on the potential - Satisfaction being one in particular.
    She was still really good, it was just like you expected her to 'wow' at some stage and she didn't. Tamera is quite like that in terms of the show- She's being measured off her potential rather than her actual performance on the night, I feel.
    Tonight wasn't the best for her but I still hope that she is in the competition next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I don't think the song was right for her voice, her performance was quite bland and boring, her walking looked insanely stiff, but I did see some times when her swag flickered on. I wish Nicole would give her more upbeat songs where she can have fun and enjoy herself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pepsi Cola wrote: »
    I don't think the song was right for her voice, her performance was quite bland and boring, her walking looked insanely stiff, but I did see some times when her swag flickered on. I wish Nicole would give her more upbeat songs where she can have fun and enjoy herself
    I agree she needs more youthful current songs to sing.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from Sam C singing out of tune, he was amazing.

-_-
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pepsi Cola wrote: »

Yes
    Jamelia's Superstar OR one of the Sugababes songs...tonight was the wrong song choice so B2 for her tomorrow night looks likely
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    She just seems like the perfect package, something is still missing though...

...the contents.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her vocals were outstanding as always. The runs she did in particular on 'when love is go-o-o-o-o-one' were amazing. And her performance was great, she has a lot of gravity on stage that is very natural. I would agree that Nicole should give her a younger, more upbeat song next. I did like Diamonds are Forever as a song choice because it's so dramatic and she did really well with it. But she's done songs from the 80s, 70s, 50s and the 60s now. Time for something a bit younger and more fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Yes
    Jamelia's Superstar OR one of the Sugababes songs...tonight was the wrong song choice so B2 for her tomorrow night looks likely

I wanna hear her sing:

Maria Carey Like That
    Ashanti Only You
    Christina Milano Say I
    Cassie Me and You

They could legit re master the production to make the songs more suited to her voice. She could do well with these songs since they have an "Urban" feel but are still Pop. I'd love to see someone fill that Rock/RnB gap that no one seems to be doing, If Tamera did it, it would make her stand out as an artist since no one is doing it. I have so many ideas it kills me :cry:

But yeah for this week she could of sang Jamelia's Superstar, change the production a bit it could of been gold
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remembering the words is quite important but I have no doubt that they will sort it out in the recording studio:p

She is poor in her lower range. She seems to miss words out:eek:

I cannot believe that she was considering doing Bohemian Rhapsedy:p