• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    platty wrote: »
    This is good :)

Yes it's not bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    First episode wasn't too bad, so will just have to see how it goes.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god awful generic vapid boring

TOTAL RECALL 2070 was better than this!!!!!
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the show's US ratings started strongly but then declined

currently it's a 'toss-up' between cancellation and renewal
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    its US ratings started strongly but then declined

currently it's a 'toss-up' between cancellation and renewal

American ratings are very bizarre. Sometimes they cancel a show which is quite easy to follow, but renew a "complicated" series which most American viewers would find difficult to follow (Once Upon A Time, for example, how many Yanks actually know all this fairytale stuff???)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    American ratings are very bizarre. Sometimes they cancel a show which is quite easy to follow, but renew a "complicated" series which most American viewers would find difficult to follow (Once Upon A Time, for example, how many Yanks actually know all this fairytale stuff???)

Once Upon A Time's US ratings are better - 6.4m vs only 1.44 m :o for this show
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    Matteh_85 wrote: »
    First episode wasn't too bad, so will just have to see how it goes.

I thought it was quite promising and I'll stick with it for now. No one else has mentioned the connection with Star Trek so far...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt this a lot like x-men?.....

some bits remind me of the Matrix too
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    Once Upon A Time's US ratings are better - 6.4m vs only 1.44 m :o for this show

But TTP is on the CW channel = the "baby" network, after the 3 biggies and Fox. OUAT is on ABC, one of the big 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    But TTP is on the CW channel = the "baby" network, after the 3 biggies and Fox. OUAT is on ABC, one of the big 3.

that didn't stop CW's Arrow beating bigger networks in the same timeslot

CW has also announced that TTP will be moved to the less busy Monday nights, losing its valuable Arrow lead-in timeslot to a new drama

not an encouraging sign
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched half of this before i fell asleep but even getting to the halfway point was a bit of a chore. i'll watch the rest of it tomorrow but it honestly didn't have anything that grabbed me enough to keep it on series link.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First episode... Generic pretty boy teen with required shirtless shots, moody/jealous other guy who sees the newbie as a threat.

We have the bad guys in the blacked out SUVs

It really was a bland start and will really have to do something different to really escape the generic mould.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I loved the first episode and thought it was excellent but there's twists and stuff so the show is even more excellent as it goes on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to catching up with this. Became a fan of the 70s and 90s series a few years ago, love the former! Enjoy all!
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one else has mentioned the connection with Star Trek so far...

... or Home and Away.

Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? :D

The Tomorrow People was good back in the 1970s because it was something a bit different from other TV shows. Teleportation, telepathy & telekinesis seem to turn up all over the place these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Stick with it as it does improve. I like Mark Pellegrino in it but then I am a Supernatural fan.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the rest of it. It got slightly interesting when it was revealed he was essentially the "chosen one" because he could use his powers in the power-proof building but when it got to the part where he wanted to find his dad and joined the bad guy's company, I really just couldn't help but think "Meh"
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toland wrote: »
    It really was a bland start and will really have to do something different to really escape the generic mould.
    Yes. So far I'm reminded of Dark Angel, Heroes and Alphas... but I'm sure it'll get better once the characters find their feet in my imagination. As it were. Well, I hope it will get better...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decided to see what this was about after seeing the good ratings on e4 last night and really liked it. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jedikiah was also the name of a recurring villain from the original British series and I'm assuming his surname of Price is a nod to Roger Price the creator of that show
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the first episode and loved it, my type of show. I shouldn't get too attach though, Americans have a habit of making good shows and then cancelling them.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good. And supposedly it gets much better. The way people were talking about the show it had to be the worst show ever, but it was actually good. Exactly our (my family) type of show. CW is showing most other networks up with the amount of scifi/fantasy they now make.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good. And supposedly it gets much better. The way people were talking about the show it had to be the worst show ever, but it was actually good.
    I wouldn't call it the worst show ever, just one that's incredibly bland - though maybe it (as has been suggested) kicks things up a notch after the first few eps which is all I gave it.