The phrase "innocent children"

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just from my own experience, i`d say that there`s some kind of gene, or personality trait that predisposes some children to naughtiness.

All children are predisposed to naughtiness. It is part of discovering boundaries, nevertheless it is the way that it is dealt with that forms the way that children behave over time.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    All children are predisposed to naughtiness. It is part of discovering boundaries, nevertheless it is the way that it is dealt with that forms the way that children behave over time.
    i think it`s far more complicated than that.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member

But some children are naturally born more naughty than others. I'm sure anyone with multiple children can see that... they all come out with their own personalities. Yes, it can be shaped, but I think genetics play a big part.
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    I don't believe in the "naughty gene". Have you seen the TV ad where the kid is banging at water cooler and the salesman (I think) hypnotises him while he mother just sits there having failed to discipline the kid ?
    Well I worked in a job having daily contact with the public and incidents like this happened daily (apart from the hypnosis ;), where parents stood by while kids ran amok around the office.
    If any of the staff said anything to child or parent then said parent became extremely stroppy, taking it as an insult directed towards their poor defenceless child, rather than a hint that their parenting skills were distinctly lacking.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    sorry had to laugh at the funeral one he obviously thought it was a party

i still think its how theyre brought up-i wouldnt dare swear at my parents my life wouldnt be worth it these days people jut dont seem to care how their kids talk to them-its quite sad
    :D he was a little shit, born swearing, funny as fek though (not the swearing:o, i mean as a child, generally).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voxers wrote: »

Children are really only innocent at birth, IMO. From the day they pop out, they are shaped and moulded by their environment and family and sadly it seems that a lack of discipline, respect for authority, decent parenting and the rights to punish being rescinded have led to the age at which children become less 'innocent' being at an earlier stage in their lives than ever before. I sincerely hope this trend reverses at some point soon, otherwise what's next? 5 year olds tormenting and assaulting their peers? 4 year olds shoplifting? Gangs of 7 year olds intimidating neighbourhoods and being anti-social? It's quite a frightening prospect and one that I personally have no control over, making it all the harder for me to bear it.

This already happens in parts of London
    I know of a 5 year old girl excluded from school for attacking other children with scissors (more than once) and being sent to a pupil referal unit.
    There are several young kids on my friends estate around 6/7 years old who shout abuse at the old people
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,873
    Forum Member
    Nope, I don't think there is an evil gene.
    It is all about how they are brought up, not just by parents but by society and education. People just do not want to take responsibility these days for how people turn out and would rather blame genetics. And even if their was a genetic code that predisposes you to be a bad seed, if brought up well you could conquer it.

I so agree with you. Behaviour is learned.
    Boyard wrote: »
    But some children are naturally born more naughty than others. I'm sure anyone with multiple children can see that... they all come out with their own personalities. Yes, it can be shaped, but I think genetics play a big part.

No, I really don't think children are born naughty at all. Yes, they are all born with a different personality but the way that personality is shaped to behave depends on their environment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think it`s far more complicated than that.

You're probably right, but I just cannot see it being genetic, otherwise we would all be like our parents from birth.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    Why do people say this?

All children are not innocent! I remember from my school days, a lot of them were little shits and in secondary school most of them were downright evil...

I know one lovely couple, but their baby seems to have been born a complete bastard. He smothers other babies pillows, bites them and just acts like a thug. The parents are strict with him as well, but genetically he seems to just be a nightmare. Other children get off on torturing animals.

Let's be honest about it. Some children are innocent little angels, but others are far from it. :(

I love the way you said all that, and you are completely right IMO. Not all children are innocent and some, I could quite easily chop their heads off.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all children are innocent and some, I could quite easily chop their heads off.

lol :D so what's worse, a child not being innocent or an adult wanting to chop a child's head off?