Rooney, The White Pele ?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    He is only superior because he says things that make him so.

I have watched Rooney dictate games and score 30+ goals this season. He has league medals, cup medals and CL medals. If it makes you feel better to dismiss him as **** then thats fine, i'll take him being **** for another 8 years and he can win more domestic medals and lift more cups. You can continue to dismiss him as a bad player if it makes you feel better.

Nothing a poster says can make him superior, because it remains his opinion.

Rooney is a good player who underperformed. Injury contributed to this and I do feel sorry for him. However I do think he was put on too high a pedastal before this match; there was not any point where he was the best player in the world, as many United fans claimed.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from and what you're trying to say, and it's a fair point. But please try to be less patronising, its rude :cool:

Just out of interest, do you feel the same way about Torres and his performance this World Cup? Or are you a little bit biased :p

Torres has had a poor tournament.

I'm not thus saying that this represents he's useless unless "foreign Liverpool players are setting him up" (lmao!!!) or that he's crap, can't run, can't shoot - is overhyped, isn't world class - all because he's played four games unfit.

There are posters saying all that about Rooney and how his united team mates make him seem great.

Is it true about Torres? Of course not - hence the stupidity of everyone questioning Rooneys quality.

Laughable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    they only have the right to talk about performances in the 4 games they've seen of an injured player.

Evidence for this? All the doctors and phisio's say he's fine and Cole said he was 'on fire' in training yesterday battering David James into submission.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    SegaGod wrote: »
    If you play good in the premiership=world class player

english ppl lol

True.

As far as the English press was concerned, Forlan was a flop....until he scored against Fulham in the Eurpoa League Final.

I mean, lets ignore the truck load of goals he scored in La Liga, shall we?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Torres has had a poor tournament.

I'm not thus saying that this represents he's useless unless "foreign Liverpool players are setting him up" (lmao!!!) or that he's crap, can't run, can't shoot - is overhyped, isn't world class - all because he's played four games unfit.

There are posters saying all that about Rooney and how his united team mates make him seem great.

Is it true about Torres? Of course not - hence the stupidity of everyone questioning Rooneys quality.

Laughable.

Yup, I accept your point. Just checking it wasn't a biased point :D
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    you could say Rooney is not in the class of Cryuff,((
    I presume you mean Johan - although the way he played this WC he makes Jordi look like a worldbeater too
  • AidaAida Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    True.

As far as the English press was concerned, Forlan was a flop....until he scored against Fulham in the Eurpoa League Final.

I mean, lets ignore the truck load of goals he scored in La Liga, shall we?

Speaking of La Liga - Messi scored 34 goals last season, 47 in all competitions! :)