iTunes announcement coming tomorrow

I've just logged on to the apple website to be greated with this
'Tomorrow is just another day.
That you'll never forget.

Check back here tomorrow for an exciting announcment from iTunes.

http://www.apple.com/uk/

Comments

• unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what it could be?
  • unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to think that finally they have sorted itunes out that it doesn't bog down my PC
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    a new bloat busted version that will actually run better on a Windows PC ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    To be replaced with Drag and drop?

:D
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The anticipation is killing me :yawn:
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're going to "invent" streaming music subscription services.
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    a new bloat busted version that will actually run better on a Windows PC ?

Come on lets try and be realistic :P
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's a tie-up with Twitter in an attempt to flog the dead horse called Ping, it's old news.

Edit: Ringo's got a new album exclusively on iTunes?

2nd Edit: Apple's answer to Spotify. If so, not only will I forget it, but ... what was I talking about?
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    End of Ping (fingers crossed) or they got a deal with Facebook. iTunes getting renamed to AppleTunes ;). iTunes next version. iTunes logo changed back? iTunes logo changed with Steve Jobs face?
  • LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever it is, it's sure to be magical :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lojen wrote: »
    Whatever it is, it's sure to be magical :rolleyes:

Whatever it is, it's sure to involve us parting with our money at some point. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Whatever it is, it's sure to involve us parting with our money at some point. :rolleyes:

Like this :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGIn9bpALo
  • simmersimmer Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unlimited downloads on a subscription basis? i would love that!!!!!!
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    simmer wrote: »

I would Love some sort of subscription plans but I just don't see apple doing it.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    i think it will be iTunes Cloud
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simmer wrote: »

Can't you already get that with Spotify?
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you already get that with Spotify?

Or Napster .... 'tis what I use and love it, much better quality tracks too.

PJ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-downloading once purchased contents (audio, video) on an authorised computer without needing to beg them first would be revolutionary. Reconstructing a corrupt itunes library on a disc of an authorised computer from the data on an ipod would be shocking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Or Napster .... 'tis what I use and love it, much better quality tracks too.

PJ

It'll be like Facetime. Despite Skype etc., face to face video never exited before Apple entered the market. I was only dreaming when I thought I'd been doing it for the past three years...

Apple bring you subscription downloads. Now you have a choice!!

It better not be that...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`ve had malware cause less chaos on my hard drive than iTunes.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be like Facetime. Despite Skype etc., face to face video never exited before Apple entered the market. I was only dreaming when I thought I'd been doing it for the past three years...

Apple bring you subscription downloads. Now you have a choice!!

It better not be that...

3 years on your phone? face to face and free just like FaceTime? :eek:

Wonder why it's just gone mass market this year. :confused:

I remember a few years ago I had a video phone. . .and even if i did want to make a call. . .I couldn't as no one had the same phone as there were so many different models everyone used. . .the quality was SHIT. .the prices were ENORMOUS. FaceTime took the feature. . .perfected it. . and made it useable. Hence it being a massive success.

Very excited about the announcement.

Maybe it's The Beatles :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    3 years on your phone? face to face and free just like FaceTime? :eek:

Wonder why it's just gone mass market this year. :confused:

I remember a few years ago I had a video phone. . .and even if i did want to make a call. . .I couldn't as no one had the same phone as there were so many different models everyone used. . .the quality was SHIT. .the prices were ENORMOUS. FaceTime took the feature. . .perfected it. . and made it useable. Hence it being a massive success.

Very excited about the announcement.

Maybe it's The Beatles :)

No. Not on my iphone. And even now I can only call two friends from my iphone - providing I'm at home, on my home wi-fi. Quite why I'd want to when I've been calling them for three years from home on my PC (or Mac) escapes me.

And btw - the quality from my iphone, compared to Skype, IS shit. Crap picture, weird angle, dodgy sound. Stick that in your fanboi pipe and smoke it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Not on my iphone. And even now I can only call two friends from my iphone - providing I'm at home, on my home wi-fi. Quite why I'd want to when I've been calling them for three years from home on my PC (or Mac) escapes me.

And btw - the quality from my iphone, compared to Skype, IS shit. Crap picture, weird angle, dodgy sound. Stick that in your fanboi pipe and smoke it.

Oh . . .I didn't say on your iPhone.

I asked you a simple question. . .about having it on your phone for the past 3 years. . . yes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Oh . . .I didn't say on your iPhone.

I asked you a simple question. . .about having it on your phone for the past 3 years. . . yes?

Nope. But why would I want it if I can only use it at home - given that I've already had a (better) system at home for three years that I've been using? For the novelty? To say "Whoo-hoo - I can see someone from my phone?" Is that it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. But why would I want it if I can only use it at home - given that I've already had a (better) system at home for three years that I've been using? For the novelty? To say "Whoo-hoo - I can see someone from my phone?" Is that it?

OK.

So in essence. . .what you said was bullshit? :)

Something that could be done PC to PC on Skype. . that can now be done free from a mobile phone easily, quickly is the same?

FaceTime is the first mobile video calling done right.

Hence it's success.

You haven't had it for 3 years at all.

I'm not saying Apple invented video caling. . .but before they came in, just as with most markets they enter - tablets as well for example, the feature was a shambles and actually close to being completely rejected after a brief play around with hideous quality mobile videos in the early 2000's using hideous Nokia's before being dumped due to massive differing amounts of handsets. Millions of iPhones + Millions of iPod Touches + Millions of Mac's beats asking your friend to buy the same Nokia phone you bought just so you could pay £30 a minute to video chat with hideous quality.