Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Jane_Lee3Jane_Lee3 Posts: 1,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 5 minutes in and Lowri irritating already. I'm surprised, with her superior knowledge of just about anything, she has never opted for home schooling. Imagine how screwed up her kids would be then! Mind you, being in the centre of the ongoing battlefield created by Lowri with their fathers ( and, presumably extended family ) and their schools can't be much fun. Then there's the twins. How much do they know or understand about that situation?

Hmmmm I agree.

I don't quite know what it is about Lowri. I can't put put my finger on it, but she just irritates me. I wish I knew what it was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane_Lee3 wrote: »
    Hmmmm I agree.

I don't quite know what it is about Lowri. I can't put put my finger on it, but she just irritates me. I wish I knew what it was.

Where to start? Well let's face it, you couldn't do it on twitter with only 140 characters!

I think something I heard on GLR in the early 2000s sums her up. She co-presented a show on Sunday mornings and on this particular day was having a rant about nobody helping her when she was getting into a mess getting her babys pushchair on the bus ( + baby) and at the peak of her rant she shouted down the microphone that it was disgraceful no-one came to her help when she was 'multitasking' at which point her co- presenter said " but not very successfully". The spluttering as she struggled for a comeback had to be heard to be believed.:D
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This historian I'd walking rings around Matthew and lowri

He knows his stuff
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More of that famous Northern tolerance:

"A lot of these gay people are nothing but attention seekers".

Wrighty needed to follow up that bigotry by asking the caller her views on immigration and racial integration.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This historian I'd walking rings around Matthew and lowri

He knows his stuff

He certainly is and Wrighty knows it. Nice to have someone of intelligence on for once, although I do disagree with a lot of Andrews politics.....excellent guest though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another anti-Daily Mail rant from Wrighty as if a British Right wing leaning newspaper is responsible for all the world's ills.

His sixth form Lefty-Hippy-simplistic view of the world is hilarious.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'All the charm of a wig maker's assistant'.

What a fabulous put down, must try and use that today at some point.

:D
  • Options
    Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    More of that famous Northern tolerance:

"A lot of these gay people are nothing but attention seekers".

Wrighty needed to follow up that bigotry by asking the caller her views on immigration and racial integration.

Or by recalling the story of the UKIP activist who said that "if we shot a few poofters" they wouldn't be quite so open about their sexuality. :o
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent guest today, I'm going to watch his programme on BBC 2 this week.
    He made a refreshing change from all the usual chavs we have to put up with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus! What a cigarette-Nazi Lowri is! Nothing worse than a finger-wagging ex-addict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bobby Davro is dying on his arse, all his 'gags' are being met with stony silence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious secs/sex gag there from Bobby. He really should have his own prime-time show on BBC1....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilarious secs/sex gag there from Bobby. He really should have his own prime-time show on BBC1....

...and a time machine to transport him back to the 80s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now he's nicking other people's gags:

http://bustedhalo.com/dailyjolt/lent-2015-february-27
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus! What a cigarette-Nazi Lowri is! Nothing worse than a finger-wagging ex-addict.

Typical Lowri. She knew her argument was deeply flawed but stuck to her guns anyway. After all, Lowri is an ex-smoker so she must be an expert!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Wrighty think "female columnist" equates to "Intelligent"? In my limited reading of Op Eds it seems the only qualification most have is an over-inflated sense of their own opinion and a working laptop. Intelligence rarely figures otherwise Katie Hopkins would be out of a job double-quick!
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Bobby Davro is dying on his arse, all his 'gags' are being met with stony silence.

He gives the impression of being incredibly dim. I feel embarrassed for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He gives the impression of being incredibly dim. I feel embarrassed for him.

I ended up feeling sorry for him, he was clearly so out of his depth.

Matthew couldn't even be bothered to humour him with his usual schoolboy giggle :(
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cringemaking, his habit of talking only in one liners,even when doing his papers, didn't help either.
    Also talking straight to camera instead of the others, similar to that girl who was a guest a while back, can't remember her name.

The bloke in the dress was in the front row today. :D
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was so bad that it almost felt unreal - like a spoof or caricature of an 80s comedian. Absolutely died every time he made a gag - with others not even making an attempt to laugh or giggle at his truly awful one liners. An incredibly dim man whose knowledge about everything was so limited.

Ironic that Lowri was placed next to him. Must be her worst nightmare - which made it all the more funny!
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,024
    Forum Member
    Loved the historian, thought Davro was awful and Lowri really pissed me off on the smoking discussion.

Also something that occurred to me earlier, why don't they use the tweets and texts they receive on-screen? Would it cost that much to use a ticker?
  • Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose it's better than falling flat on his face (and leaving a hole in the floor)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxYBpZ70y70
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I suppose it's better than falling flat on his face (and leaving a hole in the floor)

Haha, I'd never seen that before :D

Poor Bobby!
  • Options
    The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member

:o What the hell! I was expecting something daft like when he did the belly flop in The Games.
    Not a scene where it looks like he has been killed.
  • Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh Bobby!
    The_Bonobo wrote: »
    :o What the hell! I was expecting something daft like when he did the belly flop in The Games.
    Not a scene where it looks like he has been killed.

Now used as a health & safety demonstration video within the television industry. I've had to sit through a couple of showings of it.
    He was actually hospitalised, breaking his nose and jaw. He was lucky to walk away from it as it could have snapped his neck.
    Poor chap.
This discussion has been closed.