www.filmflow.tv

Comments

• Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    Thanks! I rather like that.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally go to Skys web site but will check it out.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks quite good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    ooo it's pretty cool to come to a forum I use every day and then see someone mention my website. I feel I'm officially now famous lol.

Glad you all like the website anyway :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snitchy wrote: »
    ooo it's pretty cool to come to a forum I use every day and then see someone mention my website. I feel I'm officially now famous lol.

I found it after It was on BBC News' Click.
    It's an excellent site, really well designed and saves time trawling through the EPG to find what films are on, and I love the Sky remote record option.
  • linolino Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is your work, well done fella! Really nice work, I'd love to see an ipad version.. Actually I wonder if it already works..

It could do with a little tidying up, a more apparently IMDB link and things like that, but it's just me nit picking!

Forum Member
    Thanks again :D

Yes being on BBC was pretty damn cool, even if it did push my poor little server to its knees for a while lol.

And regarding the iPad version, I don't have one so can't test it :( I did sneak into an apple store to quickly try it out a few weeks back and it did seem to work, but a few people have emailed me already to mention a few problems. I don't know what they are but I imagine I'll find out one day lol.

In the mean time, the mobile website at filmflow.tv/m might be an okish substitution until I can get it all fixed :)
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent website.

I notice you can use remote record on the iPad (worked instantly) , however I notice there's no link to remote record when browsing the site on the iPhone.

Is this correct , or am I just not seeing it ?

Regards James
    Forum Member
    Woops, you are correct. I did actually intend to include that but I forgot :D I'll get it added tonight
    Forum Member
    Remote record now available on mobile website :) It's not a perfect implementation, but it should do for now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Good job!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just a question but maybe in future you might add the option to have tv shows too.you can then see all tv that will be on that day that be ausome.

on another question,would be great if sky had this option in there planner,so you could press button on planner and see all the movies on for that day or week
    Forum Member
    thedrifter wrote: »
    just a question but maybe in future you might add the option to have tv shows too.you can then see all tv that will be on that day that be ausome.

on another question,would be great if sky had this option in there planner,so you could press button on planner and see all the movies on for that day or week
    Whilst I'm not completely ruling out ever doing one for TV programs too, it's not something I can do at the moment. The real aim for filmflow was to get as many dvd covers as possible instead of the boring text you get in tv guides. For example, there's currently 6,154 films in the filmflow database, and only 24 of those don't have a cover of some sort.

If I was going to try and repeat that with TV shows I honestly think I'd have to convert the website into my day job, and even then I still probably wouldn't have enough time to do it lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    What a brilliant website!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Never used remote record before, just looked at this website and can see that I can use the site to use Sky's remote record facility. I don't know a lot about it but are there any dangers using remote record through a third party website?

I thought I would ask as you obviuosly have to log in using password and username via the site to be able to remote record.

Sorry if this is a daft question.

Thanks.

PS. is the usage of online remote record a free Sky facility?
    Forum Member
    bengunn wrote: »
    What a brilliant website!
    thumbs83 wrote: »
    Never used remote record before, just looked at this website and can see that I can use the site to use Sky's remote record facility. I don't know a lot about it but are there any dangers using remote record through a third party website?

I thought I would ask as you obviuosly have to log in using password and username via the site to be able to remote record.

Sorry if this is a daft question.

Thanks.

PS. is the usage of online remote record a free Sky facility?
    It's good to be concerned, especially when there are loads of places out that that are out to get you. Sad world we live in unfortunatly.

But anyway, filmflow doesn't actually see your sky username and password. When you click on the remote record button and get the username and password login screen, look at the URL and you will see it's directed you to skys website. So when you click submit, sky are the ones getting your username and password, not filmflow.

If you're still not 100% convinced, simply go to sky.com and login. As long as you don't close your browser, you can now go back to filmflow, use remote record and it shouldn't ask for your username and password :)

And yes, it's free :D
  • MacroMacro Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    thedrifter wrote: »

If you go to Sky News (it may be on other channels too but I have only used it on Sky News) and select TEXT you now have several options, go to ENTERTAINMENT and you can see which films on on in SD or HD for today or all week, it's pretty good!:)
  • jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,621
    Forum Member
    Great website and it's much nicer and quicker than navigating through the same info on Sky's website IMO.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Digiguide, currently has full listings up to Feb 4.
  • breedopbreedop Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Great site snitchy I shall use it regularly and the mobile version too.
    Forum Member
    Thanks again all for your kind words. If anyone has any suggestions for something they think is missing I'll be happy to listen :)
    derek500 wrote: »
    I use Digiguide, currently has full listings up to Feb 4.
    Just to be clear, the website doesn't aim to do what a lot of other websites do already. There are plenty of other websites out there that do what filmflow does, but i wanted lots of dvd covers and lots of speed :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member

It's good to be concerned, especially when there are loads of places out that that are out to get you. Sad world we live in unfortunatly.

But anyway, filmflow doesn't actually see your sky username and password. When you click on the remote record button and get the username and password login screen, look at the URL and you will see it's directed you to skys website. So when you click submit, sky are the ones getting your username and password, not filmflow.

If you're still not 100% convinced, simply go to sky.com and login. As long as you don't close your browser, you can now go back to filmflow, use remote record and it shouldn't ask for your username and password :)

And yes, it's free :D

Thanks for the reply. Very nice site.
  • KodiakKodiak Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I think it is a Fantastic site and have it bookmarked now. I can see myself using this site a Lot. Many Thanks for making it. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick observation...

Looking at this film on xmas day http://filmflow.tv/movie/6070/showing/65365/

When clicking the 'show other times', just what channel is TV3 shown first in the list?

The site indicates that it's ITV, but it's not showing that film on Friday the 24th..

Is it talking about the benelux satellite channel TV3? & if it is, why (when hovering) does it report "sky 103" ?

Nice site btw :)
    Forum Member
    Thanks Kodiak, glad to hear it'll be useful :)
    coolguy121 wrote: »
    Just a quick observation...

Looking at this film on xmas day http://filmflow.tv/movie/6070/showing/65365/

When clicking the 'show other times', just what channel is TV3 shown first in the list?

The site indicates that it's ITV, but it's not showing that film on Friday the 24th..

Is it talking about the benelux satellite channel TV3? & if it is, why (when hovering) does it report "sky 103" ?

Nice site btw :)
    TV3 is actually an Irish channel, so for people in Ireland TV3 would actually pop up as 103 on their Sky EPG. I was debating with myself for ages on whether or not to include channels you haven't selected in your channel list in this "view all showings" bit, but in the end I left in....

I might change my mind again later lol