Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Tom MacRae...

They do like to bump up the 50th dont they. I just get the feeling the fans will be up for a major disapointment.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    They do like to bump up the 50th dont they. I just get the feeling the fans will be up for a major disapointment.

Dr who finally comes to an end :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    Dr who finally comes to an end :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Where does it say that? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where does it say that? :confused:

It's a spurious thread on GB given a previous press release that called the 50th "climactic".

Trust me, DW has a very secure future.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    It doesnt matter how much you argue that the show is good it isnt going to change their mind.

Not true at all. I've done it with a few people. I've got quite a few converts, including an ex- who then sang in the Doctor Who proms.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

Most of that disappointment will come from expecting too much, and not getting what they want. Which won't be Moff's fault.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Title for episode 1 likely to be Asylum of the Daleks.

Sounds cool, I hope this is true :D
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Most of that disappointment will come from expecting too much, and not getting what they want. Which won't be Moff's fault.

Unless you count virtually any public statement or press release he's been involved in which everything is "amazing" "mind-blowing" "fantastic" "best episode ever" etc etc. (Though personally I'd like to think he just lends his name to those press releases which are actually written by computer).
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Unless you count virtually any public statement or press release he's been involved in which everything is "amazing" "mind-blowing" "fantastic" "best episode ever" etc etc. (Though personally I'd like to think he just lends his name to those press releases which are actually written by computer).

Well if he does write them that's his own opinion and he's entitled to it. There will be people who think the same and people who don't, that's life.

And frankly, if people choose to believe any hype then it's their own fault if they're disappointed. Everyone's capable of making their own mind up about something without needing anyone to tell them it's brilliant/best ever etc.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Well if he does write them that's his own opinion and he's entitled to it. There will be people who think the same and people who don't, that's life.

And frankly, if people choose to believe any hype then it's their own fault if they're disappointed. Everyone's capable of making their own mind up about something without needing anyone to tell them it's brilliant/best ever etc.

Wait - do you mean that this face cream might not make me look 10 years younger after all? And the value of my investments may go down as well as up? And this deodorant won't instantly make me attractive to all women?

Well, I never! I'm thoroughly let down and disappointed!
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Is it true that the new companion is going to be called Rhea Tanmore?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Is it true that the new companion is going to be called Rhea Tanmore?
    Don't know, where did you get that from? Because
    it's an anagram of Romana Three
    Forum Member
    Its doing the rounds on a few social media channels I follow . . . doesn't seem to be an official source so probably nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its doing the rounds on a few social media channels I follow . . . doesn't seem to be an official source so probably nonsense.
    Intentional trolling, more like! (Them, not you.) :rolleyes: I hope it's true though :)
    Forum Member
    Intentional trolling, more like! (Them, not you.) :rolleyes: I hope it's true though :)

I was always surprised people didn't guess the Amy Pond/River Song connection much quicker.

I love River Song. Best thing Moffatt ever did in Who!!!
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Jenna has started filming yet? Rumour has it that they are filming in St.Athan near Cowbridge today and I'd be willing to pop down if that were true.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that is true, how is it going to fold oput in the next year, do we find out it is her, or its her daughter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Jenna has started filming yet? Rumour has it that they are filming in St.Athan near Cowbridge today and I'd be willing to pop down if that were true.

A location has been found yesterday with blacked out windows. Unconfirmed as yet whether its for DW or WvA but it's unavailable all week.

http://twitter.com/simon_watkins/status/205043977269940224/photo/1

Website
    http://www.plasllanmihangel.co.uk/index.htm

No activity there today yet and Matt has been spotted going to Tesco's in Cardiff.
    Forum Member
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    No activity there today yet and Matt has been spotted going to Tesco's in Cardiff.

In the freezer section? Ah - Ice Warriors then!
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    A location has been found yesterday with blacked out windows. Unconfirmed as yet whether its for DW or WvA but it's unavailable all week.

http://twitter.com/simon_watkins/status/205043977269940224/photo/1

Website
    http://www.plasllanmihangel.co.uk/index.htm

Ah right, could be WvA then, they are back in Cowbridge comprehensive on the 7th June.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I was always surprised people didn't guess the Amy Pond/River Song connection much quicker.
    I would say it was half-guessed - lots of people guessed that there was a relationship there, but there wasn't a lot of evidence to prove the connection. The writing played its cards close to its chest.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »

I await those first desirable filming pictures :p
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    There was something on Doctor Who Guide about Jenna's character being called Clara. I'm not sure how accurate that site is but it's a nice name if true.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am sure I saw an interview with Moffat before the start of series 5 in which it was pointed out to him the watery nature of Amy Pond and River Song's names, and he was asked if it was significant.

He looked the interviewer straight in the eye and said it was mere coincidence and that people read too much into things.

I'm sure I didn't dream this. Did anyone else see it?

(I'm not criticising him, btw - he was right to deny a connection at that point :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    I await those first desirable filming pictures :p

FIRST PIC OF JENNA
    copyright of #dwsr's Gareth Bundy, Simon Watkins and @tichimera literally in the field.

https://twitter.com/gabundy/statuses/205435402331492352
This discussion has been closed.