Forum Member
✭✭✭
Advertised on Watch yesterday, starts at 6.30pm on Sunday

So excited!

Comments

• triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, series 6 deserves getting excited about. Gone are the crappy cooks, annoying personalities and silly theme weeks of last year's extremely disappointing series. Back are the talented cooks, great dishes and excellent challenges of earlier series. There are still too many tears, but there always were.
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starts tomorrow 6.30 on Watch.

They kept that quiet. Or did I just miss the trailers? It can't possibly be as bad as Season 5.

Can it?
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey - how skinny is George?! :o
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it at Australian pace and I loved it. I feared the worst after series 5 but thankfully they rectified the mistakes of that horror show.
  • Claire_albaClaire_alba Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for the heads up - I had missed this.

Just watched the first episode on line, standard looks and sounds as if its going tobe quite high
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a lot better than season 5, I've seen it all :)
  • HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching it now on Watch + 1. Didn't realise it was starting so googled and inadvertently found out the winner already! Duh! Anyway, my lips are sealed!:)

Season 5 was very poor and the lady who eventually won (can't remember her name now ) wasn't a worthy winner IMO.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    I'm watching it now on Watch + 1. Didn't realise it was starting so googled and inadvertently found out the winner already! Duh! Anyway, my lips are sealed!:)

Season 5 was very poor and the lady who eventually won (can't remember her name now ) wasn't a worthy winner IMO.

Emma won it and must admit it surprised me she won! She just appeared to have wanted the money to open a restaurant with her boyfriend who was a British chef, this is only my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching it now on Watch + 1. Didn't realise it was starting so googled and inadvertently found out the winner already! Duh! Anyway, my lips are sealed!:)/QUOTE]

I did that with My Kitchen Rules - so annoying!

I'm already liking this series so much more than Season 5. Thank goodness they learned their lesson. I'm a keen cook and I don't want to watch people who are at best adequate getting prizes for something most of us could do if we set our minds to it, I want to see people whose food makes me green with envy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    I'm watching it now on Watch + 1. Didn't realise it was starting so googled and inadvertently found out the winner already! Duh! Anyway, my lips are sealed!:)/QUOTE]

I did that with My Kitchen Rules - so annoying!

I'm already liking this series so much more than Season 5. Thank goodness they learned their lesson. I'm a keen cook and I don't want to watch people who are at best adequate getting prizes for something most of us could do if we set our minds to it, I want to see people whose food makes me green with envy!

Yup, very annoying. Although during the previous series I've found myself googling the winner half way through as I just couldn't wait to know:D

MCA is quite a commitment though, takes over my TV for the duration of the series. And I agree, this year seems to be shaping up much better than series 5. Looking forward to tonight.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love MCA, and so far I am enjoying it! I agree about season 5 tho the winner didn't deserve to win, I agree with the poster above that she on,y wanted the money so her boyfriend could be the chef.

There is a dark haired girl in this season Laura? I swear I've seen her in something before :confused: bugging me!

Looking forward to tonight's episode!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolmum123 wrote: »
    I absolutely love MCA, and so far I am enjoying it! I agree about season 5 tho the winner didn't deserve to win, I agree with the poster above that she on,y wanted the money so her boyfriend could be the chef.

There is a dark haired girl in this season Laura? I swear I've seen her in something before :confused: bugging me!

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

I love George, Matt and Gary:blush: George is getting thinner each series!!

Not sure about Laura, I'll go have a google. I've to go to a parents evening at school tonight:( So I'll have to record it and catch up when I get home.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching this online and have just got to the top 10. You all won't be disappointed. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    The standard certainly seems higher this year already - some potentially good cooks have fallen at the first hurdle.

Sad to say there's still far too much of the old "I really want this" BS, though! Too much crying too, and people pretending to be best buddies. Those two girls last night were embarrassing - yes, I know you've hit it off, but you've known each other for five minutes, you do not love each other!!!

On another note, it's good to finally have some eye candy for the blokes this season. Sarah from Mackay... wowsers!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Curses I missed the first one and only realised this had started when I saw Gary's tweet!!! Watching the 2nd chancers now ...
    Forum Member
    Byron was a bit of a head case!!!! I think he was lucky to get in! But then - nice eye candy!
  • MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely the best season yet. I've seen them all online but will be re-watching. I'd forgotten how much Sarah's "I'm just a girl" "eh" noise drove me nuts though!

Edit: and I've missed Gary's happy pudding face :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoahBoy wrote: »
    Sad to say there's still far too much of the old "I really want this" BS, though! Too much crying too, and people pretending to be best buddies. Those two girls last night were embarrassing - yes, I know you've hit it off, but you've known each other for five minutes, you do not love each other!!!

I know what you mean, but the two 'best friends' are both only 18 - at that age I think your definition of friend isn't what it is when you're older and supposedly wiser. I blame Facebook.:D

I'm always in two minds about 18 year olds getting a place in these competitions though. I think I'd rather see places go to older people who have had to give up their ambitions and hopes to provide for their families or care for someone and are now considered too old by employers to be apprentices than to someone who's just starting out and could do it the usual, longer and less publicity attracting way. But then I'm old so I might be prejudiced!

Just watched tonight's. Had a grin to myself when the previous winners walked in - surely Emma wouldn't have made the top 24 at the end of her season let alone the beginning. Not sure about Ben, either. I didn't think his season was particularly strong.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying sooo hard to resist looking up the winner!! 😳
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good but a little bit X-Factor i.e. sob stories and drama as opposed to just talent. I did like the Masterchef Ireland take on it which just cuts through that bit of the bullshit and gets down to the fact it's a cooking show and it's about cooking.

Also, what sort of half-assed "advantage" is getting to nominate which nebulous "theme" you're cooking to? Waste of time.

But the standard does look pretty decent so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed tonight's so I'll have a bit of catching up to do tomorrow.

Remember Mindy from a couple of seasons ago? She used the word 'beautiful' relentlessly. For some reason I didn't really mind though as I really like her and her yummy Asian (my fave) cooking.

The standard does look good this year though. Which is a relief as last year was soo poor.
    Forum Member
    Missed tonight's so I'll have a bit of catching up to do tomorrow.

Remember Mindy from a couple of seasons ago? She used the word 'beautiful' relentlessly. For some reason I didn't really mind though as I really like her and her yummy Asian (my fave) cooking.

The standard does look good this year though. Which is a relief as last year was soo poor.

I thought she was great but yeah the "beauddiful" got to be quite amusing!!!
    There a few potentially irritating ones - Amy was a bit full of drama and I hope Laura and Georgia calm down this love in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    I thought she was great but yeah the "beauddiful" got to be quite amusing!!!
    There a few potentially irritating ones - Amy was a bit full of drama and I hope Laura and Georgia calm down this love in.

Yes, that's a much better spelling version as that's exactly how she said it.:D

Loved her though.:)
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The standard is very very high right from the off this year

BUT

The amount of loose hair flying around is irritating me

also, people being granted places etc because "they really want it" and they've "sacrificed everything to be here" is majorly disappointing

So if I threw in my job and got a cheap ticket to Oz and rocked up to the auditions, if I've ditched the old man for the opportunity to appear, I'd be granted a place?

No absolute favourite yet, but give me a couple of weeks and I'll be all over it :D
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh! I've been working late the last couple of nights so I missed the first couple of programmes, but so glad it's back!