Options

Caitlyn Jenner - AKA Bruce Jenner!

lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bruce Jenner has transformed into a woman. New name and is on the cover of Vanify Fair!

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/caitlyn-jenner-bruce-cover-annie-leibovitz :eek:

Comments

• Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The picture is weird, why airbrush the face to look twenty years younger than the arms?
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who on earth are these 'Jenners'?

There's a Kourtney and Kylie always trending on Facebook. They seem nothing but a bunch of z-list attention seekers.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Her hair looks nice, but it would do, as it's a wig. No doubt a lot of airbrushing has taken place.

I have next to no knowledge about people that change their sex. But to me, it looks odd.

If when she was a he and had children, then I imagine it's going to be difficult for those kids. I mean, are they going to call her "mum" now or what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Her hair looks nice, but it would do, as it's a wig. No doubt a lot of airbrushing has taken place.

I have next to no knowledge about people that change their sex. But to me, it looks odd.

If when she was a he and had children, then I imagine it's going to be difficult for those kids. I mean, are they going to call her "mum" now or what?

I totally agree. I think Bruce Jenner'a issues are much more deep rooted than gender issues. I think he needs help with his mind, not his body. And I would say the same about anybody else undergoing a sex change. To do something irreversible and what must have severe psychiatric implications...I just don't think changing genders is the answer :/ I do feel for Kylie and Kendall, god knows how they must feel, particularly Kylie as I read she was very close to her father and she did tweet it was very difficult for her - understandably!
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiot family
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best wishes to her everyone should be free to be who they really are.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    All these eejits on Twitter, fawning all over him/her aren't helping. I just hope the airbrush guy claimed overtime for this all-nighter.
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree. I think Bruce Jenner'a issues are much more deep rooted than gender issues. I think he needs help with his mind, not his body. And I would say the same about anybody else undergoing a sex change. To do something irreversible and what must have severe psychiatric implications.I just don't think changing genders is the answer :/ I do feel for Kylie and Kendall, god knows how they must feel, particularly Kylie as I read she was very close to her father and she did tweet it was very difficult for her - understandably!

I think it's safe to assume you yourself are not transgender, therefore it is impossible for you to understand what transgender people do or do not need in the way of treatment.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looks like Jaclyn Smith (charlies angels)

Good luck to her..Hope she is very happy and finds her inner peace.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    I totally agree. I think Bruce Jenner'a issues are much more deep rooted than gender issues. I think he needs help with his mind, not his body. And I would say the same about anybody else undergoing a sex change. To do something irreversible and what must have severe psychiatric implications...I just don't think changing genders is the answer :/ I do feel for Kylie and Kendall, god knows how they must feel, particularly Kylie as I read she was very close to her father and she did tweet it was very difficult for her - understandably!

Look, I can't stand this man and his idiot family, and I particularly can't stand the manner in which he has milked this to the hilt for attention and money - but your comment above re those who find themselves in the wrong body is seriously ignorant.

Buy a clue and read up about it.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks fab in the picture!
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    The picture is weird, why airbrush the face to look twenty years younger than the arms?

Because that's what magazine covers do.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member

agree with the others that have said your comment, particularly the BIB is unbelievably ignorant.

Good luck to Caitlyn, she looks happy.
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    Looks fab in the picture!

I think so too.

It is bemusing to me that the media are acting like she's the first person to ever be transgender but at least it's raising awareness about what people who go through this can face.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Well, a few of the comments on this thread are a tad ignorant.

I think she looks great. I cannot imagine what a prison life must be to born feeling that you are the wrong gender.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's still the same person and the kids will just have to deal with it. No one should have to be unhappy in their 60s to please their grown children. As for your comments on changing gender, it's not something she has just started thinking of. It's been decades in the making. I think you should learn more before you comment.
  • Options
    kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    She looks gorgeous and most of all happy, I can't imagine the inner conflict she went through to get to this point. I'm glad to see she has the support of her family. Really surprised by the ignorant comments on here. I'm not a fan of the Kardashians but glad she has made it public as it may help others
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks great

Go Caitlyn

Lovely name.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I think so too.

It is bemusing to me that the media are acting like she's the first person to ever be transgender but at least it's raising awareness about what people who go through this can face.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/caitlyn-jenner-receive-arthur-ashe-courage-award-espys-article-1.2242735?utm_content=buffer54421&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

This proves your point. How many other transgenders have been given a bravery award? The only reason that this will raise awareness is because there's so many sad people out there who don't pay attention to things unless they're wrapped up in a Kardashian/Jenner package.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks great

Go Caitlyn

Lovely name.

I feel like she's throwing shade by not spelling it with a K :D
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    She's still the same person and the kids will just have to deal with it. No one should have to be unhappy in their 60s to please their grown children. As for your comments on changing gender, it's not something she has just started thinking of. It's been decades in the making. I think you should learn more before you comment.

My initial thought!

I feel like she's throwing shade by not spelling it with a K :D

My second thought! :D
  • Options
    CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/caitlyn-jenner-receive-arthur-ashe-courage-award-espys-article-1.2242735?utm_content=buffer54421&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

This proves your point. How many other transgenders have been given a bravery award? The only reason that this will raise awareness is because there's so many sad people out there who don't pay attention to things unless they're wrapped up in a Kardashian/Jenner package.

What a freaky world it is becoming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlRc_plUUBk
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea who any of them are nor do i have any desire to find out!
  • Options
    CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I crack up at the dentists now with all the options you have for gender. That is the reality how screwed up it has become.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read a few articles on Bruce Jenner supposedly written by some psychologists, which is why I made those comments