That new Sure Advert with Alexandra Burke...

myssmyss Posts: 16,527
Forum Member
✭✭
.... what did happened to her face??

The advert starts with her in casual gear, looking quite relaxed and pretty holding a mike inside a studio and then there's a flash and she's transformed into her stage get-up - awful wig, more make-up, dress - but it's her face that looks odd. It's like the advert makers airbrushed her face and her nose looks more 'defined', like beak-shaped.

What the hell did they do to her??

Edit: I've found the ad - http://www.visit4info.com/advert/48hr-Protection-Used-by-Alexandra-Burke-Sure-Deodorant-Range/84712

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I think she looks amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she looks terrible when she has the red lipstick on.
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks far nicer when she is natural - not everyone likes the glam, tarted up look.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quatro wrote: »
    She looks far nicer when she is natural - not everyone likes the glam, tarted up look.
    I think she looks terrible when she has the red lipstick on.
    Exactly what I thought.
  • werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    My wife said the same about her face. I said it was because she wasn't crying:D, grrrr I can't stand her myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my boyfriend also commented on how big her nose looked after the makeover. :confused:
  • the.watsonthe.watson Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a Moose made up or not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It genuinely took me a while to realise it was her.
  • werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    It genuinely took me a while to realise it was her.

Didn't you recognise the faux RnB by numbers 'song' of hers?:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    werdna67 wrote: »
    Didn't you recognise the faux RnB by numbers 'song' of hers?:p

It was on mute :p

I did appreciate that she continued her 'poor mans Beyonce act' with the Bettie Page fringe though. That's what gave it away for me.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does look like a man in drag in the last part of that ad.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I couldn't believe how bad her hair looked in the ad it's awful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks so much better natural!
  • CHEE KYCHEE KY Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra Burke = bad BO.

That's what I get from the Sure adverts.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that she looked really...pointy in the made-up scenes.

I think it's the fringe and the severe make-up. Shes certainly not ugly but she suits the natural look rather than the makeup gun effect.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    She's someone who looks a lot better without a ton of make up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone once showed me a picture of her up against John Fashnu and they are very very very similar. So now when I see her it's John in a wig.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I didn't expect her to look so different - she looks so beautiful when casual and little makeup. I agree with everyone else - the red lipstick and her nose looked really different when she was all made up.
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why would you need deodorant that lasts 48 hours? Doesnt she wash more than once every 2 days??

yuk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    why would you need deodorant that lasts 48 hours? Doesnt she wash more than once every 2 days??

yuk

Maybe its release has been timed to coincide with summer and music festival season, with people going camping? Even at that, I agree, it's pretty rank *vomit smilie* As for her nose looking diffferent, it's weird, it DOES... but maybe it's just because it shows her from different angles??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i noticed that her mouth looks like its been blown up with a bicycle pump and then caked in tons of red lipstick! strange!
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Valerian wrote: »
    She does look like a man in drag in the last part of that ad.

Very, VERY true.

And why is the quality of the advert so poor and amateurish looking? She's [supposed to be] a huge star! Not Biffa level obviously, but still. Couldn't they have made her look more...I dunno...not-so-John Fashnu-in-a-wig-ey? :confused:
  • -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we want to know she uses Sure for her sweaty pits?

Promote it, don't make me want to spew at the thought of it.

I'll stick with another brand!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't notice the pointyness but me and Mr Bridi£ thought she looked like a man in drag when tarted up with all that slap.
    Don't know why they are using her anyway...she is a failed 'winner' of the X Factor.
    If she was of real international star quality like they are trying to portray, she wouldn't be doing crappy deoderant adverts would she?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Maybe its release has been timed to coincide with summer and music festival season, with people going camping? Even at that, I agree, it's pretty rank *vomit smilie* As for her nose looking diffferent, it's weird, it DOES... but maybe it's just because it shows her from different angles??

that's a good thought. I hadn't thought of that. :)