The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board

Comments

• Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I have read a few articles that Chelsee is regretting the relationship talk. This quote here from the Sun
    But she denies any romance with hunky Siberian Pasha, 31. Chelsee told TV Biz last night: "I haven't got my eye on anyone. Pasha is lovely but it's nothing more than that."

and
    Healey also confessed that she wishes she hadn't spoken about finding love in her introductory video and added that the only dancing she does at the moment is "in clubs".

However, Kovalev explained that he is looking forward to working with her, joking: "You should see her moving. She said she did some ballet, but I know they don't teach stuff like that!"

I am guessing that Pasha is steering her into concentrating on learning to dance. If the wardrobe people would just cooperate and start dressing her better, at least give her a fighting chance.

Lulu wanted Pasha. Quote about Lulu but of course cannot be verified as it is "insider quote."
    The insider added: "She wanted someone who'd be softer with her — and had set her sights on Pasha."
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I have been feeding the Pasha love over the past few days by watching anything and everything I can find on youtube. :cool:
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    Lili27 set up this thread. LadyAmbrosia has contributed a lot too. There are certainly lots of vids on here to keep you busy until Pasha appears on our screen again. Look out for the rehearsals on the BBC site. Pasha is currently in Manchester rehearsing.
    Forum Member
    Lili27 set up this thread. LadyAmbrosia has contributed a lot too. There are certainly lots of vids on here to keep you busy until Pasha appears on our screen again. Look out for the rehearsals on the BBC site. Pasha is currently in Manchester rehearsing.

I really like this thread and appreciate the input from the above 2 people. I have been reading and have watched all the youtube videos linked on here at least twice. :D I'm itching for strictly to start!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Xassy. Glad you are enjoying the videos. It is Pasha central.

Saw a couple of tweets from Chelsee. Sounds like she is struggling. Learning to dance is hard work.
    chelseehealeychelsee healey
    Rehearsing not going to lie this is soooo hard but @PashaKovalev is so patient and an amazin teacher! I'm struggling tweepz :s

Really starting to doubt myself it isn't as easy as it looks :(

Glad Pasha is being patient with her. I had heard that he was firm but patient when teaching and would go over the step as many times as a you needed to get it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to Pasha Central! :D

I have to chim in with agreement with Lili I know some folks wo have studied with Pasha, via some confrence type deals for one day and also at the school he taught at. They all say the same thing. Great teacher and very very patient. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    Hi Xassy. Glad you are enjoying the videos. It is Pasha central.

Saw a couple of tweets from Chelsee. Sounds like she is struggling. Learning to dance is hard work.

Glad Pasha is being patient with her. I had heard that he was firm but patient when teaching and would go over the step as many times as a you needed to get it.

Hiya! :)
    Hope you don't mind I'm just popping in. Interested to hear how things are going with/for Pasha and Chelsee.

How nice to hear Pasha is patient. A fine, fine quality in a teacher and person in general. I do hope they come out and enjoy the experience of their first dance and look forward to seeing them. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Chelsee is having a rought time with it.
    chelsee healey

@mcflyharry orrr hazza its hard, I'm scared now didn't expect it to be this hard :( at least u can start training now! U excited :D
    At the Road Training later I'm C*ap :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Chelsee is having a rought time with it.

I hope she's doing better than she thinks, it's still early days though, can't wait for their training video to be up on the site because I have no idea what they are going to be like together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness. From Nicole Cutler's blog. After reading some of the negativity and bad comments about Pasha's pro dance this was great to read. Very encouraging words.

http://strictly-come-dancing.blogspot.com/?spref=tw
    Pasha certainly did make an impact didn't he – I’m not quiet sure if the other Pro boys weren't a bit jealous knowing how competitive they all! But Pasha looked like he was really enjoying his moment. It was really nice to see someone new on the show who is a good Ballroom & Latin Dancer & who is representing our dance world on the show as are all the other Pros! And in Pasha's intro dance, it was great to see some recognisable cha cha steps in their basic form - showing how it should be done, well done!

I don't think the other boys were jealous at all. They are all good.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she's doing better than she thinks, it's still early days though, can't wait for their training video to be up on the site because I have no idea what they are going to be like together

Yeah, I feel for her. It maybe more than she bargained for. I hope she does not discouraged and Pasha can hang with her and keep her spirit up. All she can do is the best that she can, right? Some people pick up choreo very easy and have it in a few days and others struggle. We will see.
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness. From Nicole Cutler's blog. After reading some of the negativity and bad comments about Pasha's pro dance this was great to read. Very encouraging words.

http://strictly-come-dancing.blogspot.com/?spref=tw

I don't think the other boys were jealous at all. They are all good.;)

I didn't know there was negativity surrounding Pasha's dance. Who was being negative? I shall hit them (gently!!!!) with my sparkly, glittery HAPPY stick and make them see sense. I thought it was lovely. It was very in tune with Strictly.

I like Nicole Cutler and think she speaks a lot of sense. Being a world champ herself, she knows a good dancer when she sees one. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a world champ herself, she knows a good dancer when she sees one

Yes, it was nice to have her input and she certainly is well respected in the dance world.
  • Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I didn't know there was negativity surrounding Pasha's dance. Who was being negative? I shall hit them (gently!!!!) with my sparkly, glittery HAPPY stick and make them see sense. I thought it was lovely. It was very in tune with Strictly.

I like Nicole Cutler and think she speaks a lot of sense. Being a world champ herself, she knows a good dancer when she sees one. ;)

I didn't see any negativity either, I thought he was well-received. What was there to be negative about? I'm guessing that people are still upset that their favorites aren't there anymore? Weird.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmhmm there has been some negativity not in this thread though ;) this is Siberian Tiger country!

That said I was happy to see Nicole Cutlers commentary too. I liked the dance. It made me giggle, and when Pasha took a short "ride" with the girls that made me laugh too. as Cat on SYTYCD said after the transformers routine, the only way to travel..on Pasha. Was a roll reversal ;)

I feel for Chelsee I do, let us remember everyone can and does feel overwhelmed on a new job even with a great trainer. I am sure she is doing better than she thinks she is. She does seem to have a natural movement so it is just a case of learning the steps and the application.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see any negativity either, I thought he was well-received. What was there to be negative about? I'm guessing that people are still upset that their favorites aren't there anymore? Weird.

There were several comments on other pro threads and the few of the main threads and twitter that his pro dance was not that good.

Comments were "sloppy, strompy, no finesse, he did not have correct leg placement, not good, too much gurning, not a patch on other pros, etc." People are entitled to opinions of course but that is the reality of message boards and twitter - if they didn't like it they didn't like it and they will comment. I certainly think everyone is entitled to have opinions even if they are negative.

But we liked it and I was very happy to hear Nicole's comments. ;). There are many more pro dances to come and he may win a more doubting public over yet. Personally I need more than one pro dance to write a pro off because sometimes it also comes down to choreography also. Also because I have seen Pasha dance I know how good he can be. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for Chelsee I do, let us remember everyone can and does feel overwhelmed on a new job even with a great trainer. I am sure she is doing better than she thinks she is. She does seem to have a natural movement so it is just a case of learning the steps and the application.

Yes, some of the best celeb dancers have had dark moments in training where they thought they couldn't do it. I am sure Pasha has dealt with this with his sytycd girls and his students before. She will get through it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My concern for Chelsee and Pasha is that since neither one of them appear to have a strong fan base and support. All they have to go on to win the public votes is her dancing. Popularity counts so much and going in already popular will get a couple through those first tenderhook weeks. Chelsee will really have to dance well and she is probably feeling the pressure.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think Chelsee's first few weeks are very much in her own hands. If she can showcase some natural talent (which by all accounts she has), shows that she's taking it seriously (but not too seriously :rolleyes:) and thinks a bit before speaking, she can probably rely on the judges' marks to keep her in. These boards are not very reflective of the voting public so what happens on the show (to state the blimmin' obvious!) is what will count.....but I really think wardrobe, hair and make-up could do her in if it's all a bit marginal on the night :eek:. If they can stay a few weeks, they'll have the chance to build a fan base.
    Forum Member
    Regarding the negative comments (before moving swiftly on); I'm sure it's really a very tiny minority who made uncomplimentary comments. You tend to hear the negative stuff when there are usually 10 times more positive comments. <--- Why does that sentence look rather grammatically incorrect? Oh well, please do forgive me!

I think Chelsee could possibly be quite endearing to the audience if she balances the right amount of nervousness with a bit of oomph and passion. I could be wrong here but IMO, the audience expects to have a 'nervy' contenstant or two. It certainly is better than an overbearing, overconfident celebrity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am just going to cross my fingers really tight again that they open with a Waltz. A Cha cha would be great no doubt. But I still would love the first really good image of Chelsee partnered with Pasha would be for her in a lovely formal Standard gown being lead by the Charming Siberian Tiger :)

Or maybe its just be who would like the dance to be with me I dunno.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because she will have a chance to be classy, opscale a leedle beet

And who wouldn't love to be "in a beautiful gown dancing in Pasha's arms" to quote our friend Nigel?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, because she will have a chance to be classy, opscale a leedle beet

And who wouldn't love to be "in a beautiful gown dancing in Pasha's arms" to quote our friend Nigel?

Indeed that is one thing me and Nigel agree on.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to watch Pasha's season of so you think you can dance last night. I have only seen the ones where he's an all star and the clips of him dancing on youtube so thought it would be good to have something to tide me over until SCD starts properly :p. I loved the smooth Waltz he did with Jessi and its made me hope even more that him and Chelsee start with a waltz in week 1
This discussion has been closed.