Things To Do In Chicago

adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm off to Chicago this week - any recommendations of good things to do/see/drink/eat etc?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Chicago. Everyone likes different things, but we did a boat trip, a really long one with an architectural guide, he talked us through all sorts of things about Chicago's history and the buildings. We also went to the baseball at Wrigley Field, out to Navy Pier, to the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie house. I really liked Millennium Park with the big squishy silver bean too.
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheesecake Factory!!
  • RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would add go up the Sears Tower fantastic views!
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

that's my thread :D

chicago was the most amazing place, it really was.

*do the sightseeing bus tours, it gets you around really easily and conveniently

*navy pier was great, a few nice restaurants, shops etc.. and gorgeous views of the chicago skyline

*museum campus and the aquarium are also must do's. we had a fantastic time at the aquarium and you can actually swim with beluga whales if you book it before you go (you'll need to check times/days it's available) the museum was really interesting too.

*the john hancock observatory was really interesting with nice views, be sure to stop off for a drink in the cafe at the top, it serves great coffee.

*the sears tower is a must (although i think it's called something else now but can't remember what?) you get to stand on a perspex ledge outside of the building. do it, it's fantastic. the views are fantastic.

*they do a nice, architectural boat tour. i'm not really into all that but i would recommend it, you get great views of the city and it's really educational. google the tours or check out the details in the above thread.

*obviously eat in the cheesecake factory!

*the shopping is fabulous, i really liked the nordstram clearance place and their H&M was brilliant and really cheap. if shopping is your thing, you'll love chicago.

*i didn't have time to do millennium park, but i've heard great things about it. i'd advise you to check it out.

the people are so lovely, it's such a clean city. lake shore drive is beautiful. i'm very jealous. enjoy yourself.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dine or drink at the top of the Hancock Tower - incredible views over the lake - especially at night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    I'm off to Chicago this week - any recommendations of good things to do/see/drink/eat etc?

Thanks in advance.

Boat tour of the architecture and Bubba Gumps Shrimp company.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adopter wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Boat tour of the architecture and Bubba Gumps Shrimp company.

Allow a day for the FIELD MUSEUM it's a must see.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    scoobyju1 wrote: »
    Cheesecake Factory!!

Seconded, thirded and fourthed!!

Went to one in LA and thought it was very good.
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a sports mad city - if You are then a must do is to take in a game
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fart - it is the Windy City.:D