Emmerdale 2014: Wishes & Predictions

124»

Comments

• Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish for the Spencers to be gone, and Kerry to be gone. I wish for the Spencers to be gone, and Kerry to be gone. I wish.....Oh, Dear, my needle has stuck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I know you like the pairing but it is making Emmerdale terrible IMO. Its a bit like Mills and Boon. I have to turn over every time they come on. Priya has a lot of fans on this forum. But people are also aware of the character's short comings. The thing about soaps is not to take it too seriously. Its only acting after all.:)

I wanted to do BiB but I'd end up bolding all of it so LOL at the mills and boon comment :D as for Priya having fans :o and true thing regarding not taking it too seriously! I get carried right away so I do :blush::D
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    salad-days wrote: »
    I wanted to do BiB but I'd end up bolding all of it so LOL at the mills and boon comment :D as for Priya having fans :o and true thing regarding not taking it too seriously! I get carried right away so I do :blush::D

Not to worry:)
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    No mention of Dom and Gemma in Kate Oates's interview, possibly both characters have reached the end of the road and are to be written out...

I sincerely hope they aren't planning to take Belle Dingle down the teenage pregnancy route - it's just *too* predictable and Emmerdale's better than that.

Sadly, no indication that the end is in sight for Maurel, unless the "blast from the past" manages to split them up (unlikely).

And as for the other 'returnees', well, could be anyone. Would be nice to see Nathan Wylde back in the Dales. Also Paul Lambert... As for a return for Kim Tate - would that be successful? Certain iconic soap characters were very much of their time, and I think Kim may have had her day (as brilliant as she was).

did she mention Victoria?
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    No mention of Dom and Gemma in Kate Oates's interview, possibly both characters have reached the end of the road and are to be written out...

I sincerely hope they aren't planning to take Belle Dingle down the teenage pregnancy route - it's just *too* predictable and Emmerdale's better than that.

Sadly, no indication that the end is in sight for Maurel, unless the "blast from the past" manages to split them up (unlikely).

And as for the other 'returnees', well, could be anyone. Would be nice to see Nathan Wylde back in the Dales. Also Paul Lambert... As for a return for Kim Tate - would that be successful? Certain iconic soap characters were very much of their time, and I think Kim may have had her day (as brilliant as she was).

Maybe they just have no huge storylines imminent. They are about to be evicted and move in with Vanessa. So maybe Kate could have just written them out but decided to keep them.

Maybe there could be a mega-plot twist and
    Alicia find she is expecting Dom's baby?
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,367
    Forum Member

Maybe there could be a mega-plot twist and
    Alicia find she is expecting Dom's baby?

Or maybe not, considering she is infertile....
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe not, considering she is infertile....

well it certainly would be a mega plot twist ;)self healing ovaries.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,831
    Forum Member
    - The end of Maurel

- Laurel goes back to being how she used to be before all the Maurel nonsense

- Charity gets her comuppence for all her scheming etc. She gets sent to prison for life in a far flung part of the country and Debbie moves away from Emmerdale to be closer to her.

- Katie leaves, preferably in a box.

- Cain and Moira marry

- Victoria becomes a millionaire after winning the lottery and buys Home Farm. Before she knows it Betty and Sandy have invited themselves to move in with her. I think Victoria would be quite funny as the lady of the manor.
    Forum Member
    well it certainly would be a mega plot twist ;)self healing ovaries.

Combined with the Bulletproof Baby?? blimey! That'd be just the tip of the reality iceberg... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Combined with the Bulletproof Baby?? blimey! That'd be just the tip of the reality iceberg... :D

THIS TIME BABY I'II BE BULLETPROOF!!
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
    Forum Member

You know I only found out t'other day that La Roux is Trudie Goodwin's daughter! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know I only found out t'other day that La Roux is Trudie Goodwin's daughter! :o

*To the tune of La Roux In for the kill*

MY MUM WAS IN THE BILL!!
    Forum Member
    *To the tune of La Roux In for the kill*

MY MUM WAS IN THE BILL!!

Heh :D:D
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Katie to have a bigger year. Preferably with some bigger storylines to call her own. This last year seems to have all been about splitting her and Declan up (which is sad as i loved them together)and returning her personality back to normal but other than that she's not really done much. I kind of like her with Adam (think i'd have prefered her with Ross)but he's another character that seems to struggle to get storylines that build and build over the year and instead features heavily for 1-2 months max and then is just filler for the rest of the year.

I'd like to see more of Andy as well. His screen time time seems to have been reduced to nothing recently and just appears to moan that Debbies 'dumped the kids on him'/ 'won't let him have the kids today'.

I've really enjoyed having a Chas free show for a while. I know it won't last but i do think the show would benefit from giving the character a bit of a rest, maybe have her in the background dishing out the advice to people with bigger storylines (Katie, Diane, Belle etc)

Declan and Charity get together and when the money comes through he dumps her and begs Katie to leave with him. She says no and Declan drives away in a posh, stolen car driving through a dirty puddle soaking Charity on his way out of the village. The Dingles discover her betrayal when Declan leaves a huge cheque for Sam ( he gets off somehow, i don't really know the law in any detail) in the post as an apology and Charity is public enemy number one, starting with a punch in the face from Rachel. And Lisa. And Belle. And Ali. And Megan. And Katie. And Debbie. And Chas decides to join in as it looks like fun!. :D

Leyla to maybe date Pete Barton or James Barton (anything but have her mope around after David even though i loved David and Leyla together i just think its overkill to have 3 women in love with him).

Gil returns as the new owner of Home Farm. He's lost interest in Megan and sets his sights on Priya or Leyla. Or he returns with a wife viewers already know (Sadie King, Chloe Atkinson or Kelly Windsor).
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charity and Declan both get sent down for arson. Also covering up a crime, attempted manslaughter, and loads more besides.
    While Declan is languishing in jail, Gil comes back. He buys Home Farm at a cheap price because it`s in such a state. He courts Megan, marries her, and makes her the new Lady of the Manor - leaving Katie seething with jealousy.
    I hope Diane finds romance in 2014. It`s about time she had some happiness after that cad Charlie stole her heart, and also stole her money.
    I have a feeling that Chas and James Barton will become an item.
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish for Leyla, Ali, Val, Charity, Rhona, Vanessa, the new vicar, Dom and daughter, Megan and Robbie, and Laurel to leave.

Then Vivs daughter the policewoman comes back and remarries Marlon...who now has baby Leo for good. Paddy gets a new woman who spoils him and makes him happy.

Eric makes a play for Diane, hoping to get his mitts on the pub...but Diane is wise to him.

Ruby, gets a new love and has twins a boy & girl...

Rachel finds proof that Sam is innocent and Charity set him up...Declan denys all knowledge of what Charity did...making everyone believe she set Sam up to get back at Rachel.(Which is actually true) Then Charity kills Rachel in a fit of frenzy (we know shes leaving) Charity goes to jail for murder...Sam is freed and Declan gets off scott free and gives Sam a huge windfall when he gets his insurance money. Ali & kids leaves the village, unable to watch Jai bring up Archie...after Rachel dies.

Jimmy and Nicola win the lottery, buy home farm and Angel gets to stay at her posh school.

The Barton men get back on their feet and all leave except for Ross...who gets together with Debbie...and can handle her. Moira leaves with James and Adam gets the farm.

Cain, goes back to his old smouldering ways...and becomes the Cain we all know and love.

Belle, wants to become a nun...so goes off to a nunnery, but pops back occasionally to see Lisa and Zac.

Chastity comes back from France with a new man...Bernice is wild with jealousy and Chas catches her making a pass at her man...leading to Bernice also leaving taking that horrible child Gabby with her.

Laurel can't stand her own jealousy when she sees Ashley and the woman vicar become an item so she has to leave.

And finally, Alisia catches Leyla making a huge play for David...so throws Leyla out...and she's NEVER seen again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    salad-days wrote: »
    Sorry Star! I got sidetracked by Life but here I am again to spew my Emmerdale-based opinions everywhere.... actually some other things I'd like for 2014 while we're at it :cool: (not that I'll get 'em but can dream!)

- Priya to well and truly get her comeuppance. For the writers to just GIVE UP making us trying to like / feel sorry for her? She's a horrible person through and through , spoilt little princess, someone like that couldn't ever properly change IMO so please writers just give up and accept her as a one-dimensional bitch figure? SORRY to anyone (omg is there anyone:confused:) who likes her!!! :blush:
    - Get rid of Dom and Gemma. Obvs.
    - No Maurel. For the love of God, save us all from Maurel. I don't care what happens to them but NO MORE please :(
    - For Paddy to get swallowed whole by a giant Alsatian (the one that Nessa said... ok I remembered this from an eppy last year don't judge:blush:... "their owners have called him 'Brian'?!")
    - For David and Alicia to just be together and be happy (much of a plank as he admittedly is)

*runs in, hugs SD, WHERE YOU BEEN???*

BIB: Yup I remember that, then again I remember most Nessa orientated stuff... lol
  • rjackrjack Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Rachel says she started fire goes to jail and gives Archie to her sister
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rjack wrote: »
    Rachel says she started fire goes to jail and gives Archie to her sister

Is this a wish or a prediction? Lol
    Rachel does a runner and as far as I am aware, takes Archie with her.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumping this up to see how accurate we were with our predictions. :D

I put "I think we'll see: A big character being killed off." Well a small one certainly was... :eek:
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what shall I wish for in Emmerdale 2015.?
    The loathsome Ross goes to prison for 10 years for his crimes.
    The corrupt policewoman, Donna, is removed from the Police Roll of Honour when her crimes are discovered.
    We will have at least a few straight people in the village - less of sexual threesomes like Vanessa/Rhona/Kirin and Chrissie/Robert/Aaron.
    Vlle Val, Kerry man and the Spencers will disappear without trace.
    The Joke vicaress, Harriet, will go back from whence she came, and Rev. Ashley will be back with Laurel, Gabby and Arthur. He can put his awful dad in the workhouse.
    Belle will get the psychiatric help she needs. She is a good actress, and the story will show the problem of mental health issues
    I hope Betty will make a few appearances.
    James will stop behaving as if he owns Butlers Farm (where is Moira's husband, Cain?)
    The chocolate factory is closed down due to blatant health and hygiene issues.
    Zak and Lisa will continue to keep the home fires burning at Dingledale for all the family. Diane will continue to do the same for the whole village at the Woolpack.
    That will do for a start.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Just bumping this up to see how accurate we were with our predictions. :D

I put "I think we'll see: A big character being killed off." Well a small one certainly was... :eek:

My poor gorgeous Robbie. :cry:

He may have been petite. But he left a big hole in my broken heart.

*lays faded sunflowers at his grave*