Question about cineworld 'Unlimited screenings'

SarlaccSarlacc Posts: 91
Forum Member
The Raid 2 is on at my local cineworld tomorrow, but billed as an 'Unlimited Screening'. Can anyone tell me whether these are exclusively available to Unlimited card holders, or will they let regular scum like me in as well?

Thanks!

Comments

• Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clue is kinda in the title - yes, it is only for Unlimited members. If you really want to see it you could work out which screen it's showing in and buy a ticket for another movie then sneak in to see The Raid.
  • Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Er yeah, as someone who works for Cineworld we'll make sure the above won't be happening :p

There's lots of security over Unlimited screenings, we check everyone's cards on entry and there's a security guard standing there in the screen for the entire film so no one tries sneakily recording it.
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er yeah, as someone who works for Cineworld we'll make sure the above won't be happening :p

There's lots of security over Unlimited screenings, we check everyone's cards on entry and there's a security guard standing there in the screen for the entire film so no one tries sneakily recording it.

Killjoy / jobsworth, no?

Apologies if you're the owner ;-)
    Forum Member
    Just obeying the rules :)

Same reason people under 15 or 18 aren't allowed to see 15/18 rated movies (or if they don't have valid ID), or if a screen's sold out we can't let people in regardless. I've had lots of emotional pleas/angry shouting customers at me thinking that if they plead/shout enough I'll let them in - I can't, we'd be breaking the law, I'd get fired and the cinema would get in trouble too.

Ironically I remember back in the day (by which I mean less than 10 years ago) easily being able to get into movies when underage, even getting away with buying cheaper child tickets until I stopped voluntarily when I turned 18. They're much more strict about it these days.
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of curiosity, which Cineworld do you work for? Our Unlimited Screenings at Middlesbrough just get the regular security treatment (i.e. Wandering in 2 or 3 times and getting so engrossed by the movie they stay about 15 minutes).
    Forum Member
    The one in Wembley. We're the newest one in the country (and next to a massive stadium/arena) so I suppose that's why security's so high.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

Sorry for the off, but can someone advise if they ever ask for an ID as well when someone uses an Unlimited Card or they only check the photo?

Thx
  • MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas I work for Cineworld, but usually when they go and buy the tickets, staff should check than when we rip tickets we double check because some of the people who are dealing with Tickets don't check and just scan. It's more for the blue tickets that we have to check double because they are using the machine. If someone has long hair and now has short hair, someone could ask, so it's best to have a updated photo as much as you can :)