Options

Eminem - MMLP2 - Nov 5th 2013

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Suprised there is no thread for this already and not a mention on DS about it but anyway..

"Eminem surprised fans by announcing a new album due out this fall. According to the rapper's website, MMLP2 is due out November 5th, and the first single, "Berzerk," will be available on Tuesday"

I for one cannot wait for this, pleased its announced this year, MMLP is arguably his best album and granted he has had hits since then but he jut hasn't topped topped that album for me, although Eminem Show is a close 2nd.

Another thing, i hope its not MMLP2 by name and nothing else but the trailers do suggest otherwise, although Rick Rubin and Dre producing, it sounds a bit beastie boys..

Any one else excited ? Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I'm so buzzing!!

Majorly gutted at DS's lack of response to it though! I think it is HUGE and will be massive album!

I guess if its not 1D or Gaga DS doesn't care though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm excited.. but nervous. Haven't heard a good album since Encore imo.
  • Options
    TmeltTmelt Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I'm excited.. but nervous. Haven't heard a good album since Encore imo.

I'm massively excited too, I disagree with the albums though. I liked Recovery and found Encore frustratingly inconsistent - it has some of my favourite Em songs on it but also some of his worst too. If I were to rank them I'd go:

1) Eminem Show
    2) MMLP
    3) Recovery
    4) SSLP
    5) Encore
    6) Relapse

Having said that 3,4 and 5 are interchangeable. It's a huge gamble to name the new album MMLP 2 - got a lot to live up to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tmelt wrote: »
    I'm massively excited too, I disagree with the albums though. I liked Recovery and found Encore frustratingly inconsistent - it has some of my favourite Em songs on it but also some of his worst too. If I were to rank them I'd go:

1) Eminem Show
    2) MMLP
    3) Recovery
    4) SSLP
    5) Encore
    6) Relapse

Having said that 3,4 and 5 are interchangeable. It's a huge gamble to name the new album MMLP 2 - got a lot to live up to!

Really? My rank would be different. I think the reason I liked Encore was because I could visualize the story from beginning to end

1. MMLP
    2. The Eminem Show
    3. Encore
    4. SSLP.
    5. Relapse
    6. Recovery

I agree about the name MMLP 2, definitely risky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Can't wait! Love Eminem, although I don't listen to him as much as I used to.
  • Options
    crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    It's funny how he teased this and his single at the VMAs, then a few days later on Tuesday he drops the single and it goes straight to number 1 on Itunes for a few days but......no mention of it. No threads, no comments in the Lady Gaga or Katy Perry threads lol. It's as if that if we don't talk about it no one else will.

Eminem's last album pushed over 700,000 copies in it's first week in America alone in 2010. It had been leaked online for 2 weeks prior to it and he refused to push the release date up. I think a lot of Lady Gaga fans are gonna be in for a huge shock come November, this guy has sold over 100 million records and singles from 1998 to 2013,a huge huge shock. They will be surprised at just how many units this man can shift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazybeats wrote: »
    It's funny how he teased this and his single at the VMAs, then a few days later on Tuesday he drops the single and it goes straight to number 1 on Itunes for a few days but......no mention of it. No threads, no comments in the Lady Gaga or Katy Perry threads lol. It's as if that if we don't talk about it no one else will.

Eminem's last album pushed over 700,000 copies in it's first week in America alone in 2010. It had been leaked online for 2 weeks prior to it and he refused to push the release date up. I think a lot of Lady Gaga fans are gonna be in for a huge shock come November, this guy has sold over 100 million records and singles from 1998 to 2013,a huge huge shock. They will be surprised at just how many units this man can shift.

I've always been a fan of Eminem, but didn't take any notice of his record sales until a couple weeks back and man has this guy sold a lot! I totally agree..
  • Options
    crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    His manager posted the front cover of the album.

http://rapradar.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/covermasterblack.jpg

What do you all think? This and the tie in with Call of Duty with the song Survival (also COD fans getting a discount with the album) and Saturday Night Football in America (first single Berzerk being the official theme tune for that show) it seems like a perfect match. Call of Duty and NFL, both large large audiences that are gonna hear his voice constantly and the album isn't even out yet.