Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love

Comments

• SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calling a song by some as shallow as Cole a 'grower' is just a polite way of saying it's crap.

And it is.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jury's still out for me on this one.. I like the whole tempo/style of the song, I'm just not sure her voice is strong enough to carry it all :( and the middle section with just the trumpets playing was a little bit of an anti-climax. A few more listens might help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Well it's pretty damn bad. Got to say I am surprised. Surely there were better single choices.. it may be her worst single!
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    I'm disappointed :( She normally kills it with first singles, this is so meh.
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck singing this "live" but I think we all know how that goes :)

It's hardly 'Listen'. Pretty basic in my opinion. Just her lane.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Love it wasnt what I was expecting but love it
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Bluestone wrote: »
    It's hardly 'Listen'. Pretty basic in my opinion. Just her lane.

I wasn't suggesting it was a Huge vocal, I meant her other singles have been quite easy to sing and this sounds like it needs a studio to sound ok IMO
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet7 wrote: »

why do they have trumpets in the video when its a saxophone playing? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Its up to 46 in pre orders
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is absolutely terrible.... I adore cheryl but this is just embarrassing, the saxophones sound really cheap and hollow, all in all it sounds like a Pixie Lott demo to be honest, ouch.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Her worst lead single to date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Easily one of Cheryl's best singles to date for me. I find it really exciting to listen to and so infectious. No matter what Cheryl released, people would seem to be against it, but I for one, completely love it.

Only problem is the release date to me. This type of track would work so much better with an on air on sale release.
  • breakofdawnbreakofdawn Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I'm actually surprised that I quite like it on first listen. It's not exactly great music or anything, but it's catchy. I don't think Tinie Tempah is necessary, but otherwise it's not half as bad as I was expecting.

I far prefer it to Promise This, Call My Name and The Flood for example, but I don't think any of her tracks have lived up to Fight For This Love which I still love now. Still, it's not bad at all for a lead single imo and actually makes me curious to hear the album (as opposed to her previous two lead singles).
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call my name and Promise This were brilliant singles (as were 80% of GA's) but this is so cheap sounding. The sax parts don't sound right to me.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so bland. Not catchy at all. And the dated contribution of Tinnie makes the song ever so crummy.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    Handclaps/drums ripped off from Wings by Little Mix.

My first thoughts exactly.
    Very disappointed in this.....it's incredibly basic and dull.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im a Cheryl fan and so disappointed at this song I wanted something more urban sounding when this sounds like it could have been on little mix's debut album.

Also it sounds very similar to Pitbull feat GRL I was singing that as soon as Cheryls finished.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol its rubbish and sounds dated
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    I like it more the more I hear it. It's definitely her worst lead single though. Probably the worst Girls Aloud related lead single
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am the first to admit I cannot abide Cheryl but Parachutes, 3 Words and Call My Name all very good songs. This on the other hand is incredibly basic and completely lacklustre. It seems to be going for that 60's handclap throwback feel that is popular at the moment.

But compare this to say Ariana Grande's Problems http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoJ8s90NLc4
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does get better on multiple listens, but its most definitely her weakest lead single.

They'll need something alot stronger than this to launch the album in November.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, the only good thing is the cover

Why people are preordering this shit is beyond me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not bad, but Cheryl has no personality as far as her pop career goes...bit like Rita Ora in that respect. Anyone could be singing this song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    its most definitely her weakest lead single.

I don't think anything can be worse than Fight For This Love - how that song did so well is beyond me, bloody awful dirge of a tune.

I do think every song on A Million Lights was far better than Crazy Stupid Love though. Very underrated album.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »

That's the bloody one !! :D