Options

EE: How can Heather afford a laptop?

CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
Forum Member
Anyone given this any thought - considering that she hardly ever has enough money for rent and has George to look after too?

I'm also surprised she knows how to use one.

Comments

• Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Well she has 3 jobs and gets loads of benefits, so she must be loaded. Maybe she stopped buying cheese for a week which is how she bought a laptop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she found enough money to buy insurance for it the way she goes round whacking people with it!
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is quite an insulting opening post.

I am out of work myself and I got my laptop as a gift from someone who upgraded.

And as for the too stupid to work out how to use it comment you only need to read a few threads on here to realise that lack of intelligence is no barrier to posting online.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,957
    Forum Member
    yes this is exactly what i thought. at first i thought she was using phil's but that couldnt have been possible when ben was using it when she was using her own. its ridiculous :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BedfordSpur1975BedfordSpur1975 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »

I am out of work myself and I got my laptop as a gift from someone who upgraded.

And as for the too stupid to work out how to use it comment you only need to read a few threads on here to realise that lack of intelligence is no barrier to posting online.

Time to stop posting and get a job!
  • Options
    Forum Member

She is a fictional character.

Who is as thick as anything. :D
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well she has 3 jobs and gets loads of benefits, so she must be loaded. Maybe she stopped buying cheese for a week which is how she bought a laptop.

She could not afford to heat and light her flat a few months back. She's hardly loaded. Don't know what happened to that storyline or how she can afford a laptop and wireless connection.
  • Options
    2011 is good2011 is good Posts: 1,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could have been a gift. I personally thought the storyline was ridiculous. Heather holds down the jobs at: the launderette, Patrick's shop and does domestic work for Shirley. How she was in severe financial turmoil is beyond me. Heather looking for a penny was a bit over-the-top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She could not afford to heat and light her flat a few months back. She's hardly loaded. Don't know what happened to that storyline or how she can afford a laptop and wireless connection.

She could afford to heat and light her flat but she chose to spend all her money on food instead.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose now she lives with Shirley things have changed....somehow
  • Options
    BedfordSpur1975BedfordSpur1975 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Phil pays for the broadband for the sake of Ben's education and he may of bought Shirley a laptop, something to advanced for her and fat Hev, is using it at will. She's such a fat moose, BK, when can she choke on a cube of Red Leicester :D
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's living with Phil & Shirley so they probably have the wireless connection. The Minute Mart and The Vic appear to have wireless aswell as she's always walking around with the laptop without using some kind of dongle.

I have a netbook free with O2 but pay a monthly line rental (similar deal as with a mobile phone) so there are ways of obtaining a laptop without paying up front for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she'll probably have to move out when ben gets found out so we'll know then if its her own.
  • Options
    Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she'll probably have to move out when ben gets found out so we'll know then if its her own.

Why would she have to move out? :confused:
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member

Because she has been grooming an under age kid?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Because she has been grooming an under age kid?
    Eve3275 wrote: »
    Why would she have to move out? :confused:

because she'll get annoyed at ben for being mean and phil will ask her to leave. Can you see phil being happy with her staying there after this? I'm amazed he's put up with her for this long
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to stop posting and get a job!

Hmmm do you want to stop judging, I have a disability that stops me working.

Do you need to know details.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she'll get annoyed at ben for being mean and phil will ask her to leave. Can you see phil being happy with her staying there after this? I'm amazed he's put up with her for this long

But it's Ben's fault for playing the prank. I don't see how even Phil could blame it on Heather and even if he tried I'm Shirley would have something to say about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But it's Ben's fault for playing the prank. I don't see how even Phil could blame it on Heather and even if he tried I'm Shirley would have something to say about it.

phil will find out ben is being bullied so obviously he'll choose his own son over heather. i think its why theyre doing it so phil doesn't look like the bad guy
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she secretly sold off Shirley's favourite boots
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil will find out ben is being bullied so obviously he'll choose his own son over heather. i think its why theyre doing it so phil doesn't look like the bad guy

Ok, I must have missed something then. I don't see what the connection to the bullies have with the computer dating stuff :confused:, and either way Phil will look bad for throwing Heather (and George) out over something that wasn't even her fault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, I must have missed something then. I don't see what the connection to the bullies have with the computer dating stuff :confused:, and either way Phil will look bad for throwing Heather (and George) out over something that wasn't even her fault.

1. it seems that ben is using the internet thing as a way of dealing with the bullies.
    2. when heather finds out she will be annoyed and want to hurt him. like she did with morgan (??) when he broke the pram
    3. phil cant stand heather. he'll use it as an excuse to want her out but its understandable because he might think heather being there wont be any good for ben.

also the writers might want us to feel sorry for heather and this would work. i already am because its not fair what ben and jay are doing
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is such a pointless storyline and just makes Heather look desperate as usual and Ben look like a nutter.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you know how they give free laptops out to kids with Special needs!