Israel is a great country!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could say the same thing about the USA. Native American land, Europeans came in and took it all off them.
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not fussed either way
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i think the arab nations are going to retaliate on a major scale - they want israel and as tensions are already high in the area I wont be surprised if there's going to be an all out war. israel's very isolated and despite it having nukes i'm not convinced it could win tbh.
  • 1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Could say the same thing about the USA. Native American land, Europeans came in and took it all off them.

Not unless the Europeans originally lived in what we now call the United States of America, were driven out and came back almost 2000 years later.

Facts. They're often a problem.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicmars wrote: »

Maybe those countries which had kept attacking Israel by invading them should you know get a clue and not do so and they wouldnt be losing any of their territory when they keep losing.
    1948 Arab–Israeli War (November 1947 - July 1949) - Started as 6 months of civil war between Jewish and Arab militias at the end of the British Mandate of Palestine and turned into a regular war after the declaration of independence of Israel and the intervention of several Arab armies. In its conclusion, a set of agreements were signed between Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria, called the 1949 Armistice Agreements, which established the armistice lines between Israel and its neighbours, also known as the Green Line.
    Six-Day War (June 1967) - Fought between Israel and Arab neighbors Egypt, Jordan and Syria. The nations of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Algeria and others also contributed troops and arms to the Arab forces. Following the war, the territory held by Israel expanded significantly ("The Purple Line") : The West Bank (including East Jerusalem) from Jordan, Golan Heights from Syria, Sinai and Gaza from Egypt.
    Yom Kippur War (October 1973) - Fought from October 6 to October 26, 1973 by a coalition of Arab states led by Egypt and Syria against Israel as a way of recapturing part of the territories which they lost to the Israelis back in the Six-Day War. The war began with a surprise joint attack by Egypt and Syria on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. Egypt and Syria crossed the cease-fire lines in the Sinai and Golan Heights, respectively. Eventually Arab forces were defeated by Israel and there were no significant territorial changes.

3 major wars and those that started them lost each time .They just dont learn do they
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Israel was created slap bang in the middle of someone elses land by colonial powers and then everyone wonders why there's conflict :D

Since the creation of Israel they've actually stolen more land than they were initially given which is also all illegal.

They are in contravention of UN resolutions, contravened Geneva conventions by building on occupied land, killed thousands of civilians, carried out international assassinations using British passports, international piracy, non signatories of the nuclear proliferation treaty etc. etc.

Imagine if an arab country did all of that - they would be bombed into oblivion.

The hypocrisy and double standards surrounding Israel is astounding.
  • DunnroaminDunnroamin Posts: 2,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    Maybe those countries which had kept attacking Israel by invading them should you know get a clue and not do so and they wouldnt be losing any of their territory when they keep losing.

3 major wars and those that started them lost each time .They just dont learn do they[/QUOTE]

Maybe Palestinians thought that their land, annexed by Israel and "settled" illegally by an Exodus of tens of thousands of migrants from the rest of the world, and whose only tenuous link with the new State of Isreal was their Jewish religion, was worth fighting for.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,795
    Forum Member
    Isn't it a country that came into being off the back off terrorist attacks?

Britain so war weary after World War 2 and bankrupt as well just couldn't be bothered basically as well as lacking the resources for any more fighting? Though the Korean war started soon after and we got involved with that I suppose!

The current Israeli PM celebrates evey year I believe the blowing up of the King David Hotel Terrorist attack that killed many British Soldiers at the time! Great country?! Not in my book!!!!! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh whats this brits getting angry because they finally got their asses kicked for hundreds of years of oppression done to others? :D
    Forum Member
    oh whats this brits getting angry because they finally got their asses kicked for hundreds of years of oppression done to others? :D

More like pointing out facts or did i get something wrong in my previous post? :rolleyes:
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    asp746 wrote: »
    i think the arab nations are going to retaliate on a major scale - they want israel and as tensions are already high in the area I wont be surprised if there's going to be an all out war. israel's very isolated and despite it having nukes i'm not convinced it could win tbh.

It would win, they took on 4 arab countrys in 1967 who were going to attack them.They only took 6 days to destroy 4 armys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    More like pointing out facts or did i get something wrong in my previous post? :rolleyes:

as did i of course. and i imagine most countries celebrated when they finally got liberated from the british. just need ireland and a few islands next. btw are you sure you've added enough ':rolleyes:' to your posts this evening?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The arab countries will never attack because they are disunited and either puppets of the West or have too many of their own internal troubles.

Even if they did the US would step in and along with Israel's army would cream them.
    Forum Member
    as did i of course. and i imagine most countries celebrated when they finally got liberated from the british. just need ireland and a few islands next. btw are you sure you've added enough ':rolleyes:' to your posts this evening?

Israel didn't exist, it WAS Palestine!. An area part of the Ottomon Empire who's people had every right to keep their homes and land and still do!

Jewish people who CHOOSE to leave Germany/Europe and other parts of the world forced Palestinians off their own land and you call that liberating from the British?!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

If anyne takes over someones land/home by force, the victim will have every right to try and get it back as well as be peevewd off about it!!!!!

Btw, I'l decide on when to use the smileys. I don't see any rules about how many times one can use them generally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Israel didn't exist, it WAS Plaestine. An area part of the Ottomon Empire who's people had every right to keep their homes and land and still do!

Jewish people who CHOOSE to leave Germany/Europe and other parts of the world forced Palestinians off their own land and you call that liberating from the British?!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

If anyne take sover someones land/home by force, the victim will have every right to try and get it back as well as be peevewd off about it!!!!!

Btw, I'l decide on when to use the smileys. I don't see any rules about how many times one can use them generally.

You just reminded me and i just realized i had forgotten to answer the op's original question. The answer is yes Isreal is a great country, certainly much greater than Palestine -oops! I forgot they're not a country :cool:
    Forum Member
    You just reminded me and i just realized i had forgotten to answer the op's original question. The answer is yes Isreal is a great country, certainly much greater than Palestine -oops! I forgot they're not a country :cool:

I wonder where Israel would be without the toys they get from America hey? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder where Israel would be without the toys they get from America hey? :rolleyes:

Yes yes i know how dare they fight and choose not to get slaughtered by their nearby enemies. But lets be honest even the countries which attacked Isreal over the years were also supplied by either the US or Soviets. Btw have you ever considered donating to Hamas? You might be of great help to their cause
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Israel and the jewish people will always win because they like life. Were Terrorists only like death
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    Israel and the jewish people will always win because they like life. Were Terrorists only like death

So you think all Palestinians are terrorists?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Israel's stupidity is certainly not in question - they've been going less than a hundred years and they've already managed to use up all the compassion people had for jews after the holocaust.

They will lose in the end because they are facing an arab demographic bombshell in Israel itself, some have predicted an arab majority in the country within 50 years. In terms of it's backing by America, every single superpower in the history of the world has fallen at some point and so will the US. When that happens the shit is going to hit the fan....
    Forum Member
    Yes yes i know how dare they fight and choose not to get slaughtered by their nearby enemies. But lets be honest even the countries which attacked Isreal over the years were also supplied by either the US or Soviets. Btw have you ever considered donating to Hamas? You might be of great help to their cause

Nice try not! :rolleyes:

I think looking at your recent replies, you know full well how out of line not just Israel has treated the Palestinians but the world in general. It stinks, no one else would be Ok with getting the treatment Palestinians get but so many expect the Palestinians to be!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not unless the Europeans originally lived in what we now call the United States of America, were driven out and came back almost 2000 years later.

Facts. They're often a problem.
    The Jews had been on that land before the Arabs though. That is besides the point. Demographics do change and countries do change and set ups of countries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find is if I explain the situation to a neutral party they invariably come down on the side of the Palestinians.

People who support Israel's state terrorism are either ignorant of what's gone on or just massive hypocrits.
    Forum Member
    Daryl Dark wrote: »
    Israel's stupidity is certainly not in question - they've been going less than a hundred years and they've already managed to use up all the compassion people had for jews after the holocaust.

They will lose in the end because they are facing an arab demographic bombshell in Israel itself, some have predicted an arab majority in the country within 50 years. In terms of it's backing by America, every single superpower in the history of the world has fallen at some point and so will the US. When that happens the shit is going to hit the fan....

I remember speaking to an American businessman once and his view was that America only backs up Israel because of the nearby oil. Once that runs out, he reckons America will dump Israel just like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice try not! :rolleyes:

I think looking at your recent replies, you know full well how out of line not just Israel has treated the Palestinians but the world in general. It stinks, no one else would be Ok with getting the treatment Palestinians get but so many expect the Palestinians to be!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nice try what? I'm not sure but if you dont consider Hamas to be a terrorist organization I dont see why you wouldn't be interested to donate a bit of money. Do your bit to help them :cool: