The official ECLIPSE movie thread*

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
Thought i'd start this as I looked for one but there were so many 'question' threads scattered around.

Anyway, it's coming out soon (forgotten the date but the start of July i think) and I have to admit i'm really looking forward to it-something stands out as different from the first two.

:)

Comments

• mistyellemistyelle Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me too..more action and i think they must have fired the makeup artist from New Noon coz our Edward looks delicious in Eclipse
    he looked very old and haggered in New Moon methinks:D
  • Evenstar120Evenstar120 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I think both Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are looking good from the trailers that I've seen. I've booked to go and see it on
    July 3rd. Should be a lot of fun and I'm pleased that the score is being done by the awesome and amazingly gifted Howard Shore.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I was kinda going off the whole Twilight thing but then I saw the trailer for Eclipse and then I got all excited again!

I'm going to be in America when it comes out and we are going to go to a midnight showing and I am expecting it to be 10000000x more mad than it will be here.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just under 3 weeks :D
    Forum Member
    I just saw the ad on TV for the first time!
    Got me excited!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw the ad on TV for the first time!
    Got me excited!

Same here! Looks amazing actually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I heard this film was going to be on IMAX, is this true?
    Forum Member
    I know it is in America so i'm gonna watch it over there but i'm not sure about over here I looked on the two IMAX's closest to me and there is nothing mentioned so maybe only certain ones will show it.
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    really looking forward to this film
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    being a single male i had to wait till 2 months ago to watch new moon on blu ray lol

another 6 months till i see eclipse then!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,957
    Forum Member
    I still haven't finished the book, didn't realise it was out so soon.
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Too excited for words!!
    Not long now!!

This behind the scenes/trailer is amazing!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer for this before She's Out Of My Leauge and when it finished I said 'That actually looks half decent' and everyone laughed.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the first bit of the trailor and went that looks good, saw edward (i think it is) and then said that looks shite
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Ok so I didnt post the amazing clip lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfvk5VnmED0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Thought i'd start this as I looked for one but there were so many 'question' threads scattered around.

Anyway, it's coming out soon (forgotten the date but the start of July i think) and I have to admit i'm really looking forward to it-something stands out as different from the first two.

:)

I suppose anything is an improvement on those first two dreadful movies.How the hell did twilight even get a sequel.All i can say is i hope the books are good,as these are two of the most pathetic films i have ever seen .
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chas smash wrote: »
    I suppose anything is an improvement on those first two dreadful movies.How the hell did twilight even get a sequel.All i can say is i hope the books are good,as these are two of the most pathetic films i have ever seen .

Because a lot of the text in the books are thoughts. It must be so difficult to make these types of films. The films are pretty poor, but the books are fantastic. I'd rather read the books ten times over than watch any more of the films. Though I'll probably end up seeing Eclipse on DVD when its out. Going to see it with screaming girls and everyone that's just jumped on the bandwagon would be too annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Because a lot of the text in the books are thoughts. It must be so difficult to make these types of films. The films are pretty poor, but the books are fantastic. I'd rather read the books ten times over than watch any more of the films.

I'm sorry but the books are NOT fantastic, I am a Twilight fan but the books are terrible. REALLY bad writing, and loads of mistakes and plotholes. Stephenie Meyer isn't a very good writer and she should have sacked the editor. Either way one of them is responsible for the terrible grammar and repetition in the books.

I prefer the movies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the books are crap as revealed by the poster above and the films are dross why are people still buying this product.Is it just because girls fancy the actors.Are people that shallow nowadays.
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just because girls fancy the actors.Are people that shallow nowadays.

Hit the Nail on the Head. I kinda enjoyed the first one because I went in with absolutly ZERO expectations.

Second one I havn't seen as from the trailers it looked like it was just full of scenes to please the ladies..way too soppy.

They've ruined the images of Vampires for ever lol.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the books are crap as revealed by the poster above and the films are dross why are people still buying this product.Is it just because girls fancy the actors.Are people that shallow nowadays.

It is, there not even hot anyway one looks like an indian frog and the other looks like a ghost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    If the books are crap as revealed by the poster above and the films are dross why are people still buying this product.

Because the target market for the books is really for young girls age 11+, it's a book about romance - specifically forbidden romance (schoolgirl falls in love with vampire) and also the 'sexy' or 'romantic' aspect to it (it's a dangerous relationship, the vampire craves her blood constantly, but doesn't attack her because he loves her.) But even then there's a mistake, since the schoolgirl does have periods. But of course Stephenie didn't think this through properly, and came out with a lame explanation that the blood is "dead" therefore he doesn't smell it. Or something like that. :confused:
    This is what she actually said:
    Several girls wanted to know if Edward would have a more difficult time being around Bella when she’s having her period. Answer: Yes, a little bit, but he would never say anything about it–much too much of a gentleman. And Bella would be way to embarrassed to ask. (It’s not the same as a cut, though. It’s sort of "dead" blood, if you get my meaning).
    The vampire (Edward) is also about 101 years old, I think, but his body stays like a 17 year old's. Another plothole - he attends High School, he must have been there for years seemingly, yet nobody does anything about it, nobody thinks it's strange. Plus he knows all the answers in Biology class so he must have repeated the school year.
    It's not very well written at all but girls still buy it because they think that Edward (the vampire) is the "perfect boyfriend", when really he is exposed as being extremely controlling and of course an unrealistic relationship... http://www.squidoo.com/cullenabuse It doesn't set a good example for young girls, does it? But people who read this book seem to think having a controlling boyfriend is sexy..
    There's more here, including paragraphs from the book which proves Edward is abusive; http://applesparkles.wikia.com/wiki/ZOMFG_HOW_CAN_U_SAI_EDWARD'S_ABUSIVE%3F%3F!!1!!#Edward.27s_Physical_Abusiveness
    Sorry for the long response, I know you probably weren't *that* interested, but this post is for anyone else who is too.
    Anyway like I said I'm a fan of the movies, not the books.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;41151566']I'm sorry but the books are NOT fantastic, I am a Twilight fan but the books are terrible. REALLY bad writing, and loads of mistakes and plotholes. Stephenie Meyer isn't a very good writer and she should have sacked the editor. Either way one of them is responsible for the terrible grammar and repetition in the books.

I prefer the movies.

I'm sorry, but isn't it subjective? Thanks for your input. I thoroughly enjoyed the books and found the films to be poor in comparison. A lot missed out, for example in the first one about her friendship with Alice. New Moon came out and suddenly they were best friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    The vampire (Edward) is also about 101 years old, I think, but his body stays like a 17 year old's. Another plothole - he attends High School, he must have been there for years seemingly, yet nobody does anything about it, nobody thinks it's strange. Plus he knows all the answers in Biology class so he must have repeated the school year.

It was actually made very clear that the Cullens have to move around a lot because of this. Only to gloomy, rainy places. I suppose you would know that had you read the books properly. Another reason why the films are quite poor imo.