Millenium Trilogy extended versions

Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will we ever see the extended versions of the 3 Millenium films on DVD in the UK?

As I understand it, the first film was made for the cinema, but the other's were originally made as TV movies. After the success of the books and the first film, the others were released theatrically.
When they were shown on Swedish TV earlier this year, all 3 were extended to 180 minutes and were shown as a 6-part series, 2 parts per film.

These have been released on DVD and blue-ray in Sweden but as yet we've only had the DVD releases as they were released in the cinema.

Rather than shell out for the films as they are now, are the extended versions going to be released and is it worth me saving my money and waiting?

Comments

• UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Momentum will be releasing the extended version of The Girl Who Played with Fire sometime in 2011 on dvd/blu-ray, can't find an exact date. I assume they will do the same for Hornet's Nest too.

Each film will have this, extra minutes:

Dragon Tattoo 32 mins extra
    Played With Fire 56 mins extra
    Hornets Nest 37 mins extra

Apparently, worth waiting for the extended versions of the film.
    Forum Member
    It's already out to buy in Norway if you are able to get it from the country.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Eh...I don't see how they could get much better, you'd have to be a super fan, because only the first one was decent, the other two really were tv movies in all ways.
    Forum Member
    Apparently the TV versions were made with film style in mind, and they look fine on blu ray.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I'll wait for a box set come out
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each film will have this, extra minutes:

Dragon Tattoo 32 mins extra
    Played With Fire 56 mins extra
    Hornets Nest 37 mins extra

Apparently, worth waiting for the extended versions of the film.

Dragon Tattoo was pretty perfect even in the cinema release but the other two definitely suffered from having so much plot cut out of them, particularly Hornets Nest which made no sense at all in certain parts if you didn't already know the story.