Options

Live Millionaire tonight. ITV 9pm.

Comments

• Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a farce that was. How they thought they were going to get through 4 pairs of contestants in one hour is beyond me. Shockingly thought-out.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They let Widdicombe milk it for too long.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    What a farce that was. How they thought they were going to get through 4 pairs of contestants in one hour is beyond me. Shockingly thought-out.
    Had Chris Evans been paired with each contestant, they would have got through 10/12 games!!! ;)
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt they did, and I reckon the fourth couple were just a reserve just in case the first three crashed out early.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I doubt they did, and I reckon the fourth couple were just a reserve just in case the first three crashed out early.

But the way they rushed through the last 20 minutes of the show was crazy. Completely ruined it. It was like a mad rush just to get through Carol and Gok's game - which was cut short even after the show had already overrun - and then the audience competition after that.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Carol's still a little cracker!;):o
    She must be the same size as her daughter because she was wearing the outfit her daughter is wearing
    in this picture.. a black short skirt and black jacket with a sticky-out bottom (the jacket not Carol)!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/23/article-0-0C8FCA12000005DC-537_468x667.jpg
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    That is very bad IMO :mad:

In my opinion as well, so they now give less to charity and make more money by getting people to phone in to win half of what the charity would have got under the old rules , does ITV not realise how that sounds and makes them look ?.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    First time i've watched millionaire since before the revamp and wow, the audience has shrunk! :eek:
  • Options
    slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    What happened to the music for the 1st and 2nd question in the live show lol. That is a fail, am never going to be watching this ever again ^^
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't really work although it was still funny to see Chris Evans lose £4000 again and this time it was his own fault
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    That's what I understood: Widdy won 75K and kept that for their charity. The viewer won 37.5K which had nothing to do with Widdy's winnings....

Correct
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    grogdog wrote: »
    Correct

Not correct.
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    So the viewer that wins is effectively stealing from charity? LMFAO! :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    he talks over most of the music he plays...likes his own voice....i was disappointed that he didnt know that question

I can understand that he switches off while the reecords are on but KT Tunstall and James dean Bradfield sung it live on his show that morniing!!

I'd have thought James would know the cheeky vimto question, he just sat there like a lemon. I know he's a chef, not a cocktail waiter but you'd think he'd be up on these things
  • Options
    metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the viewer that wins is effectively stealing from charity? LMFAO! :D

I realise that most charaties have their place and I thought it was a bit like stealing from the charity if you won, but I felt a whole let less guilty for entering when I heard what Anne Widdecombes charity was - Refuge for donkies in the holy land.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    James M is on now, winding him up. he said he thought the only things CE was known for were music and drinking so he'd be OK on those. They just mentioned the live "Farytale" and James has brought him some presents -guess what?
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    It didn't really work although it was still funny to see Chris Evans lose £4000 again and this time it was his own fault

Oh yes, utterly hilarious that because Evans knows sod all about music, and his ego is so big he wanted to go against a 69% ask the audience, he makes a grand for his charity and half that for the phone-in contestant. What a ******. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the way they rushed through the last 20 minutes of the show was crazy. Completely ruined it. It was like a mad rush just to get through Carol and Gok's game - which was cut short even after the show had already overrun - and then the audience competition after that.

To be fair it was scheduled to finish at 10:15, I think it was about then it finished?
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    It was £250 each for his and James's charity. £500 for the phone viewer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, utterly hilarious that because Evans knows sod all about music, and his ego is so big he wanted to go against a 69% ask the audience, he makes a grand for his charity and half that for the phone-in contestant. What a ******. :mad:

or maybe he did it on purpose so Carol and Gok would a get a go?
    and maybe fully intended to sort his charity out from his own pocket?
    just a theory.
  • Options
    jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    They let Widdicombe milk it for too long.

She and her partner were on for too long though to be fair to her she answered the questions quickly.

Shame for the final pair and as for Chris Evans - I'm sure James Martin would have liked to strangle him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed this, although probably shouldn't have done
    So Evans has been on twice now and won just £750 in total ha ha
    How he could go against 69% is beyond me and then Carol & Gok also
    didn't back a big audience majority!! Definitely had some work on those
    cheeks though hasn't she?

Also you did see them knocking back champagne on the screen so
    God knows how much they had before the show started

Cannot understand why they couldn't have paid out full amount
    to the charity & then either same amount or 50% to the viewer
    They must have raked in plenty of cash from the phone calls
    That viewer who won £500 sounded really happy and
    bet she couldn't wait to her Evans on the radio today
  • Options
    fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was great, I liked the fast-paced nature of the show and thought Chris Tarrant came across well, he was in control the whole time.

Re the 50/50 viewers and charity thing, I don't have a problem with it. It's not as if the charities didn't get any money and £37,500 is still a massive amount of money to be split between two charities. I think it gave the format a nice twist to have it shared with viewers, and like someone said the revenues from these calls makes up a portion of the prize money anyway.

Also, I think they had no choice but to have 4 couples there, what if the first three had all crashed out early like Chris Evans??? Always had to have a standy-by couple who would have known that it was unlikely they would get on-air.

Very well done overall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the music for the 1st and 2nd question in the live show lol. That is a fail, am never going to be watching this ever again ^^

When they record the show they tend to leave out the music for the first level and bring in the music for questions 3 onwards. I will admit when I was reading the credits last night the show was not using the same production team they have use regularly. It gave the impression either they wanted a different team to run a live show or the crew couldn't get to Elstree due to the snow. This could also explain the limited number of cameras used.
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    edit. ignore.