Options

Amanda Holden faces sack rom BGT re bully row .

Comments

• Options
    secret lovesecret love Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt miss her if she left, she brings absolutely nothing to the show. I dont mind the other 3 though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    He wasn't terrible. I feel people who thought he was terrible or rubbish or wasn't a singer don't get the whole metal or death metal genre. Its more than just getting up on stage and growling. You need to prepare your voice with vocal exercises and other build up and post singing activities. You are going to throw your voice if you don't. Its pretty much the same techniques as a normal singer its just a different style.

Maybe, but to the rest of us, it's some guy screaming shit into a microphone.

Amanda was right, it was awful.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't terrible. I feel people who thought he was terrible or rubbish or wasn't a singer don't get the whole metal or death metal genre. Its more than just getting up on stage and growling. You need to prepare your voice with vocal exercises and other build up and post singing activities. You are going to throw your voice if you don't. Its pretty much the same techniques as a normal singer its just a different style.

But I don't get the point of it when it's not nice to listen to. To me, that defeats the whole point of singing.
  • Options
    Casper GomezCasper Gomez Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that she was never plucked from almost certain obsurity to appear on the show in the first place.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of Amanda or Frozen but he was absolutely shit
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt miss her if she left, she brings absolutely nothing to the show. I dont mind the other 3 though

Agree completely. Have watched the show from day one and I still can't figure out what she is doing there? The woman is a nasty, deluded, talentless narcissist imo, and I would be overjoyed to never see her on TV again. How she landed the This Morning gig I also do not know?
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he took a different angle to that turgid god awful song , couldn't stick another sugary sweet little girl singing that whimsical nonsense once more
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, but to the rest of us, it's some guy screaming shit into a microphone.

Amanda was right, it was awful.

But you are missing the point he was good for a death metal singer. I've heard crap death metal singers and crap he wasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I don't get the point of it when it's not nice to listen to. To me, that defeats the whole point of singing.

Because it's alternative. It's not the norm. It's different. It's extreme. It's not something that you hear on commercial radio. It's letting your rage and anger out. It's more than just the music as well. It's the whole death metal scene is also appealing to its fans. People who aren't in to the metal/death metal scene it will only be seen as this weird screaming thing (and not all death metal bands are just screamers see opeth). It may not be nice to you but to others they like it. It would be boring if everybody enjoyed the same thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's alternative. It's not the norm. It's different. It's extreme. It's not something that you hear on commercial radio. It's letting your rage and anger out. It's more than just the music as well. It's the whole death metal scene is also appealing to its fans. People who aren't in to the metal/death metal scene it will only be seen as this weird screaming thing (and not all death metal bands are just screamers see opeth). It may not be nice to you but to others they like it. It would be boring if everybody enjoyed the same thing.

So he chose to let all his rage and anger out on Let It Go? :confused:
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? :o

I've heard it all now. *yawn*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he chose to let all his rage and anger out on Let It Go? :confused:

But death metal vocals is not just about letting your rage and anger out. Look at the reasons I gave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? :o

I've heard it all now. *yawn*

Yes it really is
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grazey1985 is correct, screaming really does require lots of vocal training. I used to do it in a band back in college, it really hurts your throat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dellzincht wrote: »
    Grazey1985 is correct, screaming really does require lots of vocal training. I used to do it in a band back in college, it really hurts your throat.

The point is moot. The Queen wouldn't like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dellzincht wrote: »

Thank you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point is moot. The Queen wouldn't like it.

The point of the queen not liking it is moot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, it annoys me that the judges constantly question if the Royal Family would like the act when it's not really the point of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The show is about trying to find a act fit for the Queen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't, that's just part of the prize.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is about trying to find a act fit for the Queen.

No. It's about finding talent.. That's why it's called Britain's got talent
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually, perhaps the title, "Britain's Got Talent" should be changed for any future series to "Britain Struggles to Find Talent"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The prize is performing on the Royal Variety. The talent therefore has to be fit for the Queen. This act wasn't.
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prize is performing on the Royal Variety. The talent therefore has to be fit for the Queen. This act wasn't.

It's not as if the queen is excited about seeing another bland singer or mediocre street dance act
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as if the queen is excited about seeing another bland singer or mediocre street dance act

No but she wouldn't hate them like she'd hate this guy's singing.