Options

Chantelle Tagoe & her orphanage visit..

DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1288197/Township-chic--WAG-Chanel-visits-poverty-stricken-orphans-Cape-Town.html

Do you feel she was dressed inapproriately? or do you think the DAILYMAIL is being unfairly harsh commenting on her in this manner?

I think seeing as shes kept to doing what she promised she would after her visit for a documentary last year and raised 12,000 for this orphanage so far, she can wear what the hell she likes. Maybe a bit over the top with the chanel belt and hat but shes covered up not flashing boobs or legs etc...

Maybe a pair of jeans and a t shirt might have been more appropriate but she wants her own parents to be proud of what shes doing and maybe just wanted to look nice when they saw the pics?

What do you think? maybe not the best choice of clothing but at least her hearts in the right place.

I believe the other WAGS involved have also continued with their fund raising efforts as well.

Comments

• Options
    TipptopTipptop Posts: 991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is she's purely doing this for the media publicity, that's why she's dressing like a superstar. Why is she actually visiting an orphanage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tipptop wrote: »
    My guess is she's purely doing this for the media publicity, that's why she's dressing like a superstar. Why is she actually visiting an orphanage?

Because she helped build it i think http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a219464/wags-film-bbc-south-africa-documentary.html?rssearlier this year in a documentary with other wags about south africa.
  • Options
    Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't knock her for doing charity work but that is perhaps a little bit classless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Since then the aspiring TV presenter, who has two young children with Heskey, has raised some £12,000 for the home, which caters for some 180 youngsters, many of them suffering from HIV and Aids.

I bet if she spends more than £12k in shoes alone !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yatty wrote: »
    I bet if she spends more than £12k in shoes alone !

but what if she does? shes at least giving SOMETHING back?

are we being too harsh because we're jealous of the money these women have to spend? (i know i am jealous) or should we be grateful for the fact that they are doing SOMETHING?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeeLush wrote: »
    but what if she does? shes at least giving SOMETHING back?

are we being too harsh because we're jealous of the money these women have to spend? (i know i am jealous) or should we be grateful for the fact that they are doing SOMETHING?

But is she giving something back or is it her partners money she is giving. What I mean is, if she was not with a footballer would she still be able to give as much with what she earns, would the papers be interested, I very much doubt it. And to be honest I do think she should have dressed down a bit, as all she has done is confirm what a lot of people think about a Wag, more money than sense, rightly or wrongly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molly1cat wrote: »
    But is she giving something back or is it her partners money she is giving. What I mean is, if she was not with a footballer would she still be able to give as much with what she earns, would the papers be interested, I very much doubt it. And to be honest I do think she should have dressed down a bit, as all she has done is confirm what a lot of people think about a Wag, more money than sense, rightly or wrongly.

The money she raised off her own back i think, and i suppose to play devils adovate we could say it wasnt anything to do with emile but then, she wouldnt have been out there in the first place.. and probably wouldnt have had the contacts to raise the 12k, she could have just not bothered and got on with her shopping sprees i guess but i think maybe we should give a little credit where its due instead of whining about everything all the time you know?
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well no she probably wouldn't be able to give back as much if she wasn't engaged to Emile Heskey, but so what? If they are getting married then why shouldn't she use some of their money to help other people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The money she raised off her own back i think, and i suppose to play devils adovate we could say it wasnt anything to do with emile but then, she wouldnt have been out there in the first place.. and probably wouldnt have had the contacts to raise the 12k, she could have just not bothered and got on with her shopping sprees i guess but i think maybe we should give a little credit where its due instead of whining about everything all the time you know?
    :)

I am not whining, I was just stating an opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not whining, I was just stating an opinion.

I didnt state you were?

It was a GENERAL statement about the dailymail article. i,e, generally whining about people better off than us..i didnt say YOU i said WE as in the general "we".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well no she probably wouldn't be able to give back as much if she wasn't engaged to Emile Heskey, but so what? If they are getting married then why shouldn't she use some of their money to help other people?

Were did I say she should not use his money, it is just my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt state you were?

It was a GENERAL statement about the dailymail article. i,e, generally whining about people better off than us..i didnt say YOU i said WE as in the general "we".

OK, YOU have made your point, I will keep MY opinion to myself and let you get on with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were did I say she should not use his money, it is just my opinion.

yeah im not trying to argue with you or anything i just didnt see why it was relevant? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1288197/Township-chic--WAG-Chanel-visits-poverty-stricken-orphans-Cape-Town.html

Do you feel she was dressed inapproriately? or do you think the DAILYMAIL is being unfairly harsh commenting on her in this manner?

I think seeing as shes kept to doing what she promised she would after her visit for a documentary last year and raised 12,000 for this orphanage so far, she can wear what the hell she likes. Maybe a bit over the top with the chanel belt and hat but shes covered up not flashing boobs or legs etc...

Maybe a pair of jeans and a t shirt might have been more appropriate but she wants her own parents to be proud of what shes doing and maybe just wanted to look nice when they saw the pics?

What do you think? maybe not the best choice of clothing but at least her hearts in the right place.

I believe the other WAGS involved have also continued with their fund raising efforts as well.

I doubt very much she wore it for her parents benefit, i'm sure they would have been proud whatever she wore, IMO i think it looks tacky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    is she the thick one from come dine with me??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, YOU have made your point, I will keep MY opinion to myself and let you get on with it.

Im trying to state it was a GENERAL comment about everyone me, you, everyone reading the daily mail article and commenting on it, there really isnt any need to take offence and none was intended :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I actually watched the WAG show on BBC3.. it was very insightful and made me quite teary..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1288379/Disgusting-England-WAGs-9-000-goody-bag-attending-cocktail-party-poverty-hit-South-Africa.html

She will get more "respect" from me if she turns down the £9K goody bag and even more if she refuse to go to the party all together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yatty wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1288379/Disgusting-England-WAGs-9-000-goody-bag-attending-cocktail-party-poverty-hit-South-Africa.html

She will get more "respect" from me if she turns down the £9K goody bag and even more if she refuse to go to the party all together.

iArent the goody bags gifts from the sponsers for the good work theyve done? or are they just a bribe to get them there

she could accept it then auction it off on ebay and give the proceeds to the orphanage? :)
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're raising money for charity as well as raising awareness - would you prefer that all they did was shopped 'til they dropped like the WAGs did one year? They're damed if they do and damned if they don't. She already owns the suit so she may as well it. Also it gives the kids something to talk and smile about as well as an even nicer photo to remember the occasion by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    They're raising money for charity as well as raising awareness - would you prefer that all they did was shopped 'til they dropped like the WAGs did one year? They're damed if they do and damned if they don't. She already owns the suit so she may as well it. Also it gives the kids something to talk and smile about as well as an even nicer photo to remember the occasion by.

No i wouldnt prefer all they did was shop.. this was what i actually said..
    I think seeing as shes kept to doing what she promised she would after her visit for a documentary last year and raised 12,000 for this orphanage so far, she can wear what the hell she likes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No i wouldnt prefer all they did was shop.. this was what i actually said..
    Then I obviously wasn't referring to you then, was I?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Then I obviously wasn't referring to you then, was I?

It was my thread and you didnt quote anyone
    would you prefer that all they did was shopped 'til they dropped like the WAGs did one year

so i assumed you were talking to me no need to be rude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was my thread and you didnt quote anyone.
    So why assume I was addressing you then?:rolleyes:
    so i assumed you were talking to me no need to be rude.
    Stop assuming. But more to the point if you're unable to handle differing views on your(:rolleyes:) thread(s), do not start one. Simple.:yawn:
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl probably never even gave it a thought. Thats how she dresses on a day to day basis and it wouldn't occur to her that it 'flashy' or 'ostentatious'. She didn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the box.