Options

iTunes needs a serious revamp

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think they should

1 list every movie and TV show by both type and A To Z

2 introduce unlimited TV show film App Store and iBooks downloads after payment of a one off fee this would not apply to music

Comments

• Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does not really matters for me anymore, but I think that UI of iOS would slowly need a revamp, too. It's been the same for years now and it starts to look dated IMO.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just an interface revamp. The entire app needs reworking and rewriting. They've been tacking features onto something originally designed to play MP3 files and it shows.
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    the latest version runs a little better on Windows 7 but it has to be one of the worst programs to use- sluggish a lot of the time. the itunes store can be slow too.
  • Options
    DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great advertisement for not using cross platform libraries ;)

I've never understood why people think it's so much better on OSX, I find it just as bad on my Mac and it has recently got in to the habit of adding everything I add to my library twice. It is annoying to say the least
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    I've never understood why people think it's so much on OSX,
    To be fair I think most people simply say it's not as bad as it is on Windows, which is at least true :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    To be fair I think most people simply say it's not as bad as it is on Windows, which is at least true :D

When I was a dark side (Windows) user it used to crash all the time and was very slow to load. Works fine on my Mac though (well so it should, it's an Apple product after all :p)
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iTunes on the Mac is a beautiful hub of media laid out in a great , nice form.

I've got all my music and artwork. My videos. A great music store with easy to find music and previews, movies, rentals, books.

I could literally spend an hour browsing books, music, and new Apps for my iPhone.

I love it, all while listening to my favourite music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    iTunes on the Mac is a beautiful hub of media laid out in a great , nice form.

I've got all my music and artwork. My videos. A great music store with easy to find music and previews, movies, rentals, books.

I could literally spend an hour browsing books, music, and new Apps for my iPhone.

I love it, all while listening to my favourite music.
    LOL. And which Apple Store do you work at? :D
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

never had a problem on windows, occasionally the music just stops suddenly but it's ok 99% of the time :D
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Never had a problem really either...

I have converted all my music to MP3 and moved and only use Media Player for listening to it.

Only use it for podcasts and watching a couple of films I bought.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pay no mind to the Apple shills that praise everything Apple do, regardless of how crap it might be.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Itunes is horrid, if I was going to buy a Ipod, Itunes would certainly put me off buying one
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just an interface revamp. The entire app needs reworking and rewriting. They've been tacking features onto something originally designed to play MP3 files and it shows.

I agree. iTunes is totally bloated. i'Tunes' is a bit of a misnomer nowadays considering how much extra it's attempting to encompass.

Personally I've found it to be less reliable on Windows as compared to OSX on similarly specced hardware. But milage will vary depending on how it's configured and what and how much is in the library.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    Pay no mind to the Apple shills that praise everything Apple do, regardless of how crap it might be.

I work for none.

Just speaking from personal experience.
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Why do Apple need about 4 services running in the background? Gaaah.

Is it possible to enqueue tracks in iTunes? (in the same way as Winamp)
  • Options
    DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do Apple need about 4 services running in the background? Gaaah.

Is it possible to enqueue tracks in iTunes? (in the same way as Winamp)

And why does it need an Outlook connector when I don't have any intention of syncing my contacts with my iPod.

There should at least be a custom install option to remove the crap.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    I work for none.

Just speaking from personal experience.

Are you in advertising? Your writing style is... interesting.
  • Options
    John_ElwayJohn_Elway Posts: 5,121
    Forum Member
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    It's a great advertisement for not using cross platform libraries ;)

I've never understood why people think it's so much better on OSX, I find it just as bad on my Mac and it has recently got in to the habit of adding everything I add to my library twice. It is annoying to say the least

Quite, and as usual with Apple, where's the choice of getting rid of it and using something else? It's hardly a choice bursting at the seams. Don't use it on my Mac and thankfully use Windows for my music and my mp3 player.
  • Options
    DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »

Guess you haven't read this thread then? - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1367869

Bought the lolz.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    If you don't like it, why use it? Try MediaMonkey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »

No.

I have no affiliation with Apple.

I'm just saying how I feel using their stuff