Stars who have aged well - or not at all!

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    Charisma Carpenter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    I think Richard Hammond looks younger than 42, although 42 is by no means old, but he could pass for someone 10 years younger.

He looks far younger than James May who is only 3 - 4 years older than Hammond.

He's got deep bags growing under his eyes due to smoking and drinking and probably lack of sleep too.
  • Barneygumble84Barneygumble84 Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Richard Gere - saw him on Graham Norton (who now looks horrific!) recently and he looks great, I'd love to look that good at 63!

Agree with y'all about George Clooney.

Robert Downey Junior. Ben Stiller. Will Ferrell.

Diane Keaton looks great. As does Helen Mirren. Another mention for Samuel L. Jackson, who's 64 (although he does look older than his film characters in interviews etc.)

Both Minogue sisters are still smoking hot. Kelly Brook could pass for 21 easily.

Thandie Newton looks a young 40.

Jennifer Garner is just gorgeous at 40.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    Richard Gere - saw him on Graham Norton (who now looks horrific!) recently and he looks great, I'd love to look that good at 63!

Agree with y'all about George Clooney.

Robert Downey Junior. Ben Stiller. Will Ferrell.

Diane Keaton looks great. As does Helen Mirren. Another mention for Samuel L. Jackson, who's 64 (although he does look older than his film characters in interviews etc.)

Both Minogue sisters are still smoking hot. Kelly Brook could pass for 21 easily.

Thandie Newton looks a young 40.

Jennifer Garner is just gorgeous at 40.

Just watched a clip of that, so funny, when he goes into the audience to shake all their hands (well, not literally all of them!) and Graham says when Richard eventually comes back to the couch "....so, appearing on next week's show we have...!"

Anyway I digress. Richard Gere at 63. Yowzer! He looks quite incredible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graham Norton (who now looks horrific!)

Graham looks fine for 50.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

LOL! She looks good for her age but lets just leave it at that because she could not even scrape by being believed to be 21 let alone pass easily.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree about Richard Gere. Saw him in The Mothman Prophecies the other night and although was made 11 years ago, I think he's aged quite badly since then. My OH is 68 and looks far better. ;)
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Bowie looks better than ever.

No offence but that's cobblers. I saw the video to Where Are We Now.

In terms of ageing to a point that you're unrecognisable from who you once were, I don't think anyone can beat this guy:

http://thegabrielroom.free.fr/site_gfx/peter_gabriel_1986.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/08/10/business/10peter.xlarge1.jpg
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Pierce Brosnan looks much better now than when he was younger. He was too 'pretty' when he was young. He looks very distinguished now at 59.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I think Pierce Brosnan looks much better now than when he was younger. He was too 'pretty' when he was young. He looks very distinguished now at 59.

Totally agree.

When he was in Remington Steele he was like a shop window dummy. He's grown into his looks as he's got older.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Graham looks fine for 50.

I agree. Graham Norton looks absolutely fine.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    No offence but that's cobblers. I saw the video to Where Are We Now.

In terms of ageing to a point that you're unrecognisable from who you once were, I don't think anyone can beat this guy:

http://thegabrielroom.free.fr/site_gfx/peter_gabriel_1986.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/08/10/business/10peter.xlarge1.jpg

He can now be mistaken for

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/03/550w_soaps_david_essex.jpg
    Forum Member
    I have to disagree about Richard Gere. Saw him in The Mothman Prophecies the other night and although was made 11 years ago, I think he's aged quite badly since then. My OH is 68 and looks far better. ;)

No offence like, but I think you may be a tad biased!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So hard to know who is using too much botox and chem peels at the very least these days though.

I'll go for Simon Cowell, who always looks as fresh as a daisy. After a chem peel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    j24 wrote: »

I used to love them. They look great these days but they are and were always gorgeous guys, anyway, especially Taylor and Zac:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    No offence like, but I think you may be a tad biased!

Even people he's only just met can't believe he's 68, so no bias there at all. If I could post a photo, I think you'd agree he definitely doesn't look his age. Our daughter's 38 and looks about 25, our son's 33 and looks 10 years younger, again even people they've only just met can't believe their ages, so it's possibly a case of VGG - Very Good Genes! ;):D
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Richard Hammond looks younger than 42, although 42 is by no means old, but he could pass for someone 10 years younger.

He looks far younger than James May who is only 3 - 4 years older than Hammond.
    James May is 50 and he looks about right for his age.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Even people he's only just met can't believe he's 68, so no bias there at all. If I could post a photo, I think you'd agree he definitely doesn't look his age. Our daughter's 38 and looks about 25, our son's 33 and looks 10 years younger, again even people they've only just met can't believe their ages, so it's possibly a case of VGG - Very Good Genes! ;):D

People think my boyfriend is 10 years younger than he really is, everyone thinks I'm a cradle snatcher. Haha.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j24 wrote: »

To be fair, two of them look like they've grown up. The other one looks exactly the same as he did when they achieved fame in the 90s, but with shorter hair.
    Can you guess which one?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People think my boyfriend is 10 years younger than he really is, everyone thinks I'm a cradle snatcher. Haha.

My OH is 11 years older than me, so he really is the cradle snatcher in our relationship! ;):D
    Forum Member
    My OH is 11 years older than me, so he really is the cradle snatcher in our relationship! ;):D

Hehe, I did think I was too young for a toyboy, but then I remembered Sinitta had one when she was 18. ;)

Anyway, when Cupid strikes, what can you do? Age is nothing if you just click with each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe, I did think I was too young for a toyboy, but then I remembered Sinitta had one when she was 18. ;)

Anyway, when Cupid strikes, what can you do? Age is nothing if you just click with each other.

Yes indeedy, and after 38 years of marriage, 2 grown kids and a new grandson, we must be doing something right! ;)
    Forum Member
    Yes indeedy, and after 38 years of marriage, 2 grown kids and a new grandson, we must be doing something right! ;)

I don't have to wish you luck, you've got it right there.

There was just something about my boyfriend that was like no other, I think of him as my husband. I hope we're like you and your husband.