Your favourite film quotes

Comments

• Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "WE'LL TEAR YOUR SOUL APAAAARRRRTTTT"
    Pinhead : "Hellraiser"

"One of us ! One of us ! One of us !" - The Freaks : "Freaks" (1932)
  • Options
    girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm the Daddy now. Next time I'll fu**ing kill you"
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I guess there's just two kinds of people Miss Sandstone - my kind, and assholes. It's rather obvious which category you fit into. Have a nice day". :)
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I thought I were great!" after Bob has shagged the two babysitters in his car in Rita, Sue and Bob.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I *am* big. It's the *pictures* that got small. From Sunset Boulevard!
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Independance Day !....Will Smith saying when he punches the lights out of the crashed alien in the spacecraft! "welcome to earth"... "now thats what i call a close encounter!
  • Options
    ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hi, I'm Han Solo played by Harrison Ford in the Star Wars movies, the only person to have a career after those movies" :D

Peter Griffin "Blue Harvest"
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much any lines from 'Grosse Point Blank'

Mr. Newberry: Did I have you figured wrong?
    Marty: I don't know - I mean, I hope so.
    Mr. Newberry: I visualised you in a haze as one of those slackster, flannel-wearing, coffee-house misanthropes I've been seeing in Newsweek.
    Marty: No no no, I went the other road. Six figures, doing business with leadpipe cruelty, mercenary sensibility. You know... sports, sex, no real relationships with anyone. How about you, how have the years been treating you?
    Mr. Newberry: Well, you know me, Martin. Still the same old sell-out, exploiting the oppressed...
    Marty: Sure.
    Mr. Newberry: "Ah, what a piece of work is man, how noble..." ah, **** it. Let's have a drink and forget the whole damn thing.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drycoff: Are you alright?

Bashed Cop: I think so...

Drycoff: Are you sure? 'Cause, you just went through a wall.

Gone in Sixty Seconds
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    "What knockers!" - Young Frankenstein.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    "HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE COCK-A-DOODIE CAR"

Annie Wilkes

Misery
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A jilted, robust woman being comforted by her younger companions - The Women (1939)

"Chin up"

"Yeah, both of them"
  • Options
    TaomiTaomi Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe no-one has said "No one puts Baby in the corner" ;)

My favourite is a speech not a quote and it sums up my life perfectly. From The Holiday with Kate Winslet:

I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Anything uttered by Inspector Callaghan. Aside from the famous "ya feel lucky"...these are my favourite.

"Listen, punk. To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya! " - Sudden Impact

"Here's a seven pointed suppository captain...I said stick it in your ass" - The Enforcer

"You forgot your fortune cookie......it says...you're shit out of luck". - The Dead Pool
  • Options
    ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airplane:

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
    Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
    Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Elaine Dickinson: You got a letter from headquarters this morning.
    Ted Striker: What is it?
    Elaine Dickinson: It's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important.

So many good quotes though :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Taomi wrote: »
    Can't believe no-one has said "No one puts Baby in the corner" ;)

I was going put that one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much any line from Almost Famous...

" The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool" (Lester Bangs)

" I'm never as good as when you're there." (Russell Hammond)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Gladiator -

- My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Steel Magnolias (so many good quotes) -

- Truvy: Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt.

- Ouiser Boudreaux: The only reason people are nice to me is because I have more money than God.

- Ouiser Boudreaux: You are a pig from hell.

- Ouiser Boudreaux: You are evil, and you must be destroyed.
    Clairee Belcher: Mother Nature's taking care of that faster than you could.

- Drum: Ouiser you look like hammered shit.
    Ouiser Boudreaux: Don't you talk to me like that!
    Drum: Oh,I'm sorry you look like regular shit.

Notting Hill -

- William: Oh, sod a dog. I've made the wrong decision, haven't I?

- Spike: Just going to the kitchen to get some food, then I'm going to tell you a story that will make your balls shrink to the size of raisins.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Along Came Polly

Sandy Lyle: Reuben, I'm in a situation here. We have to leave now.
    Reuben Feffer: No. Can we stay a couple more minutes?
    Sandy Lyle: Dude, no. This is serious. I just sharted.
    Reuben Feffer: I don't know what that means.
    Sandy Lyle: I tried to fart and a little sh*t came out. I just sharted. Now let's go.
    Reuben Feffer: You're the most disgusting person I've ever met in my life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Phil: Do you ever have déjà vu, Mrs. Lancaster?
    Mrs. Lancaster: I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen.
    ---
    Phil: This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

Groundhog Day (love that movie :))

and

"Oooh, that's a Bingo!"

Hans Landa - Inglourious Basterds
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Divine decadence darling" - Sally Bowles in Cabaret, whilst showing off her blue/green painted fingernails.

"Have you ever seen a grown man naked? Did you ever hang around a gymnasium?" - Captain Over in Airplane!
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Get your filthy pig-knuckle off my desk!"

Drag Me To Hell
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Full Metal Jacket:

Sergeant Hartman: "Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f**king walrus-looking piece of shit! Get the f**k off of my obstacle! Get the f**k down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Pyle, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Robocop

Clarence Boddicker: Bitches, leave!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Stand By Me Quotes:

Teddy: Ha ha, Gordie loses! You lose Gordie! Ol' Gordie just screwed the pooch!
    Gordie: Does the word "retarded" mean anything to you?
    Teddy: Gordie, go get the food, you morphodite.
    Gordie: Don't call me any of your mother's pet names.
    Teddy: You're a real wet end, Lachance.
    Gordie: Shut up.
    Teddy, Vern, Chris: I don't shut up. I grow up. And when I look at you, I throw up. Aghhh!
    Gordie: And then your mom goes around the corner and she licks it up.
    - - -
    Teddy: This is my age! I'm in the prime of my youth, and I'll only be young once!
    Chris: Yeah, but you're gonna be stupid for the rest of your life.
    - - -
    Teddy: Yeah, Vern told us how you found him. "Oh Billy, I wish we had never boosted that car. Oh Billy, I think I just turned my fruit of looms into a fudge factory."
    Charlie: Right thats it, your ass is grass.

And many more :D