When do you find out you've won tickets to the iTUNES FESTIVAL?

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
I have applied for quite a few, Jessie J and Adele being just two of them but heard nothing back :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering the same thing. They are still adding acts so i dont think its a bad sign that we've not heard anything yet. I applied to Jessie J, Adele and The Script. Not sure if ive applied for anything else. Can't remember!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they add some more female acts to the line up, not that impressed so far apart from Adele and Jessie J. Ellie Goulding, Hurts, Marina, Paloma.. and more, would be good ones to add, fingers crossed.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like more female acts added too. However I doubt Paloma/Marina will do anything this year as they have nothing to promote and their sets would be pretty much the same as last years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone actually been before? What happens? Do they literally sing 5 songs and then go home? It sounds like a stupid question, I know, but i was looking at the the EPs you can buy of their live performances and there's only 5 on there. Not sure if it's worth travelling down to London for 20 minutes worth of concert!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dharma572 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually been before? What happens? Do they literally sing 5 songs and then go home? It sounds like a stupid question, I know, but i was looking at the the EPs you can buy of their live performances and there's only 5 on there. Not sure if it's worth travelling down to London for 20 minutes worth of concert!

I believe they do 7 songs but only 5 make the iTunes EP.

Tbh I think i'll still go if I win tickets, I mean it's free tickets and seeing as Adele is sold out, i'd be a bit silly to miss out. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    They don't start letting people know until after may and you can still hear you've won up to the concert itself.

Acts do a 1 hour set but the best 5 songs are put on iTunes.
    It's basically a proper gig with a support act aswell.

If you have won your tickets will be emailed to you and all you have to do is print off the email and take proof of identity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't start letting people know until after may and you can still hear you've won up to the concert itself.

Acts do a 1 hour set but the best 5 songs are put on iTunes.
    It's basically a proper gig with a support act aswell.

If you have won your tickets will be emailed to you and all you have to do is print off the email and take proof of identity.

Are a certain amount handed out?

What I mean is, for some shows you win tickets but it's still 'first come first serve', would be awful to travel there and be turned away.
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you win them you are guaranteed entry as far as I know, and often they give tickets away on the same day to people outside.
    I went to the Foreigner & Europe night last year, and there was plenty of room for more people. So I guess some just didn't turn up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend won tickets a couple of years ago and took me. It was a full gig, with support, etc. Guaranteed entry with a ticket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End of May is ages!

I wish Clare Maguire was doing a set.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    YOU don't.

Joke, I don't have a clue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are still 15 acts to be announced for the iTunes festival. This seems to be going on forever!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dharma572 wrote: »

It's a complete gig just as a paying audience would see, the headliners are usually on stage for around an hour and perform around 10-12 songs and then 5-6 of those get put onto the EP.

I went to 3-4 last year and it was really good and really worth it.

I don't really understand why they don't put the entire gig onto the EP!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I've only entered for the Foos this year - the rest of the line up so far really doesn't appeal.

I will gladly donate body parts for Foos tickets :D
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misschippy wrote: »
    I've only entered for the Foos this year - the rest of the line up so far really doesn't appeal.

I will gladly donate body parts for Foos tickets :D

So would i! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone heard anything yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far i've applied for

-Adele
    -Jessie J
    -Bruno Mars
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've applied for Bruno Mars, The Script, Jessie J and Adele. Fingers crossed that I get something!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    applied for white lies and friendly fires.. though I only really care for WL..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clare Maguire should do iTunes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy B has been added to the line-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coldplay added to the line-up.