Options

Sky+ HD Box problem I think!!!!..

tinyditinydi Posts: 358
Forum Member
Have got a sky+HD Digibox and at the moment am unable to get the following channels:
BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4, Channel 5 and sky channels, 321 to 328.
The message that comes up is:
Your Sky+ HD Box isn't getting a satellite signal. To find out more go to sky.com/nosignal.

Have been on the sky website and followed what they say, but still no change.
My sky+ hd box is a Pace.
I also have a standard digibox upstairs and have got no problems with this.

Is there anything you can tell me to do or does my box needs fixing .

Comments

• Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are both boxes connected to the same dish? im assuming they are
    if not it might be an issue with the dish but if not then it could be the cables or the box itself have you tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in again or planner rebuild? or the cables from the dish are they in the back of the box properly? these are just some things to try first
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    are both boxes connected to the same dish? im assuming they are
    if not it might be an issue with the dish but if not then it could be the cables or the box itself have you tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in again or planner rebuild? or the cables from the dish are they in the back of the box properly? these are just some things to try first

Yes both boxes are connected to the same dish..
    Have unplugged the box (lost count how many times I have done this), all cables are in the back of the box proper.
    Not done a planner rebuild, as got no problems with the recording of programmes or my planner...
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried the box plugged into the cables where your other box is (to confirm it works there)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you tried the box plugged into the cables where your other box is (to confirm it works there)?

Yes done that and the other box works fine..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then it must be your box if its in warranty (1 year I think) then tell Sky and they should sort it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Then it must be your box if its in warranty (1 year I think) then tell Sky and they should sort it out.

Had the box over 4 years now, so well out... Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    If you tune to one of the "dead" channels and look at the signal strength/quality monitor screen, does it actually show no signal on one of the inputs?
    You could try a forced software download if you haven't tried that, but that will do no good if it's a hardware fault of course.
    The last resort would be a complete system reset, but that will wipe all your recordings.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinydi wrote: »
    Had the box over 4 years now, so well out... Thanks anyway.

Shame its not a Thompson as they are swapping them out for free at mo. You could try ebay, you could get a Thompson box then they would most likey swap you for a new one:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    If you tune to one of the "dead" channels and look at the signal strength/quality monitor screen, does it actually show no signal on one of the inputs?
    You could try a forced software download if you haven't tried that, but that will do no good if it's a hardware fault of course.
    The last resort would be a complete system reset, but that will wipe all your recordings.

On both input signal 1 strength and quality it shows no signal,
    yet on the channel that is working (sky sports news) the signal 1 strength and quality has signal...
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame its not a Thompson as they are swapping them out for free at mo. You could try ebay, you could get a Thompson box then they would most likey swap you for a new one:D

Doubt it. I'd imagine they'll only replace Thompson boxes for people who have them registered to their account. Therefore, buying one off eBay won't work.
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt it. I'd imagine they'll only replace Thompson boxes for people who have them registered to their account. Therefore, buying one off eBay won't work.

if sky were sensible they would stop allowing cards to be paired to thomson boxes if that thomson box wasn't previously on that persons account - that would nip the ebay sales in the bud almost straight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes done that and the other box works fine..
    OK, but what did you actually do here?
    You said in your first post that your other box is a standard digibox, therefore presumably there's only one feed available at the other location where that box normally is.
    To completely eliminate the feeds as being faulty, you need to move your standard box to where the Sky+ box normally is and connect each feed in turn to the single input on the digibox (don't do this with the box powered!) and check that the channels that are faulty with the Sky+ box work with a good signal and quality level shown on the digibox monitoring display with both of the feeds connected to it. Only if they do is it safe to say that the dish/LNB/cabling system is OK, and it is the Sky+ box at fault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    OK, but what did you actually do here?
    You said in your first post that your other box is a standard digibox, therefore presumably there's only one feed available at the other location where that box normally is.
    To completely eliminate the feeds as being faulty, you need to move your standard box to where the Sky+ box normally is and connect each feed in turn to the single input on the digibox (don't do this with the box powered!) and check that the channels that are faulty with the Sky+ box work with a good signal and quality level shown on the digibox monitoring display with both of the feeds connected to it. Only if they do is it safe to say that the dish/LNB/cabling system is OK, and it is the Sky+ box at fault.

I moved the standard box from upstairs, to downstairs where the hd box was and connected it downstairs, as this box worked, I reckoned that it must be the hd box that is at fault...

As I said it is the 5 main channels and film channels 321 to 328 that has no signal on them, the rest of the channels are fine..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I moved the standard box from upstairs, to downstairs where the hd box was and connected it downstairs, as this box worked, I reckoned that it must be the hd box that is at fault...
    As I said it is the 5 main channels and film channels 321 to 328 that has no signal on them, the rest of the channels are fine..
    Did you try the standard box, which only has one input, on both of the feeds that are normally connected to the Sky+ box?
    Did both feeds work on all channels?
  • Options
    kenedinkenedin Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You probably have an internal fault on the Pace. A failed ( or failing ) capacitor on the Power Supply Unit. Most usually seen on Thomsons, it also occurs on other older boxes too.
  • Options
    ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just an idea have you tried turning the lnb power off and back on again it may kick it back into gear

if you don't know how to do it its services then 001 select on the remote then you want lnb setup in there should be lnb power and 22kns or something like that turn them both off then save new settings come out then you should have nothing on the screen then go back in and turn them both back on again and see if that does it
    it may not but sometimes helps