Toure unhappy..

Mark FMark F Posts: 53,990
Forum Member
Not because he doesn't like the manager/weather but because Man City didn't respect his birthday enough!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318

He got a cake!

Maybe its just a way of his agent trying to get a new deal for his client.

Comments

• Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a big baby.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just surreal.

He's doing himself and his club no favours at all.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Give the histrionics a rest, Yaya.
  • Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His agent just had a ten minute rant on SSN. Barely understood any of it.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    As a huge Yaya fan, he go for all I care. Yes he has scored some massive goals for us and quite frankly has been one of the very best players I have seen put a City shirt on, but deary me, what a big baby.

He gets £100,000s a week, the fans love him, seems to get on with all the players yet now he is crying as feels the club don't value him enough.

Bye you big prick
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "He got a cake but when it was Roberto Carlos's birthday, the president of Anzhi gave him a Bugatti. I don't expect City to present Yaya with a Bugatti"

I'd want a McLaren P1 instead.

stu64 wrote: »

He gets £100,000s a week

x2. At least.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    "He (Yaya) got a cake but when it was Roberto Carlos's birthday, the president of Anzhi gave him a Bugatti," Seluk added.' I don't expect City to present Yaya with a Bugatti, we only asked that they shook his hand and said 'we congratulate you"

Haha

For crying out loud I've seen it all now!

I don't want the Bugatti, Just shake my hand and congratulate me for turning 31 will do

Sounds like he's after some one to bow down and kiss his arse to me
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a huge Yaya fan, he go for all I care. Yes he has scored some massive goals for us and quite frankly has been one of the very best players I have seen put a City shirt on, but deary me, what a big baby.

He gets £100,000s a week, the fans love him, seems to get on with all the players yet now he is crying as feels the club don't value him enough.

Bye you big prick

I have to say, I'd rather that he didn't leave.

He's an absolutely wonderful player, so I'd rather see him stay in the league. I really can't see City selling him to another Premier League side.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess being at Barca where it is a kind of family club, then coming to the conveyer belt that is City, he feels a little left out.

Maybe he saw how happy the Arsenal players were with each other after after winning the FA cup, and wanted that kind of emotion from his teammates.
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    I guess being at Barca where it is a kind of family club, then coming to the conveyer belt that is City, he feels a little left out.

Maybe he saw how happy the Arsenal players were with each other after after winning the FA cup, and wanted that kind of emotion from his teammates.

Yes, all City players were sat in the dressing room crying and moaning after winning two trophies this season.

I am sure he wish he spent his time at Arsenal, winning just the one FA Cup. Not the 2 Premier Leagues, FA Cup and League Cup he has already won with us.

Maybe he seen them all celebrate finishing 4th and thought to himself..."I want some of that"
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, all City players were sat in the dressing room crying and moaning after winning two trophies this season.

I am sure he wish he spent his time at Arsenal, winning just the one FA Cup. Not the 2 Premier Leagues, FA Cup and League Cup he has already won with us.

Maybe he seen them all celebrate finishing 4th and thought to himself..."I want some of that"

I'm not on about what he's won. Just the togetherness of the team.
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    I'm not on about what he's won. Just the togetherness of the team.

Oh yes, they are so together they blew the title again. There is nothing wrong with the team spirit at City, if anything they are more happy and together now than they have been for years.

Hence why we got very strong at the end of the season to win the league
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    Still struggling to fathom what has gone on here.

I think his agent said on that crazy interview that it wasn't Yaya tweeting but surely Yaya is aware of what's going on here.

If he is and his happy for this to play out like it is then I can't see a good end to this for him.

City don't need to sell and he has 3 years left so what does he do if no one comes in for him?
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toure needs to book his ego into the priory before it gets depressed!

I've not heard this much crap for a long time.

If his ego gets any bigger, Vladimir Putin might invade it!

PS: If he wants a bigger cake, maybe he should ask his brother, as Kolo seems to be the one that can't stop eating them!
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yawn.

31 year old player and/or his agent wants one last big deal before he's no longer a pivotal asset. Big deal? Big deal. He's a good player but I don't believe he's irreplaceable, especially with City's wealth. Call his bluff and take the sell stance. City will get £30m or thereabouts and can buy a younger replacement on a smaller salary, which will keep FFP sweet.

Again, he's 31. He relies on his dynamism and power which will fade in the next few years. His attitude is rank at times and he's not immune to niggling injuries which will only worsen as he ages. Unlike Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard and Giggs, he probably won't adjust and become a prompting midfield player as his passing and positional discipline are hardly notable strengths.

If City crumble to his thinly disguised demands, they'll create a mammoth issue for themselves at a time they need to demonstrate they are financially balanced.

Ta ra Toure, I say...
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    Messi has just signed a £600k a week deal, so I guess Toure wants to get a bit closer to that...
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toure needs to book his ego into the priory before it gets depressed!

I've not heard this much crap for a long time.

If his ego gets any bigger, Vladimir Putin might invade it!

PS: If he wants a bigger cake, maybe he should ask his brother, as Kolo seems to be the one that can't stop eating them!

Agree totally and with others on this thread. Absolutely daft.

Big error of judgement on Toures part too, as all non City UK football fans wont let him forget it easily.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something else must be going on here surely or they're talking in some tax dodging code. Some bonus payment package he usually gets disguised as a birthday present that he didn't get this year? It's not even a major birthday this year and he's been with CIty for a while. What did he get on his 29th and 30th birthdays? For his agent to kick off about it so publicly, it does sound like something specific they were expecting has not happened.
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's 31, if hes not happy cash in, or they run the risk of him strolling around doing nothing for a season like he did in Mancini's last season.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At our company, the birthday boy has to bring in cakes/buns for everyone else!

The diva!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't he moaning about people not giving him the recognition he deserves a little while ago? I don't think I've seen a player in the modern game with as big a chip on their shoulder than this prat.

Get rid.
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    My heart bleeds for the to##er!!
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man City have enough money to keep this goon rotting in the reserves until his contract runs down - obviously that isn't going to happen after the season he has had but he sure as hell deserves it ... mind you, you just never know with these Arab characters he may turn up dead in an Etihad Airways holdall by the weekend.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic and further evidence that an increasing number of players live on Planet Footballer where they have no connection with the real world, particularly those who support them. He deserves every negative comment that results from this.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bye you big prick

I'm surprised you got 'prick'through the filter here, but congratulations, it was the word I was tempted to use, but eith an 's' on the end.

Yaya and his agent are becoming walking PR disasters for their professions, embodying everything disliked and worse about them.

Every once in a while you get a story where you have to re-read to make sure you saw it correctly. His agent was complaining that all he got was a cake and a tweet!