Options

Toure unhappy..

Comments

• Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Er... I just said I hate primadonnas! Toure is just one example.

You hate 'them' based on this unique incident of a strop that's looked on as bizarre even within the spoilt overpaid world of terrible footballers. There's no lazy stereotyping needed.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    You hate 'them' based on this unique incident of a strop that's looked on as bizarre even within the spoilt overpaid world of terrible footballers. There's no lazy stereotyping needed.

What? I hate primadonnas, that's all. Primadonna-ism is horrible. Anyone who shows signs of it is not nice. This man Toure has all the characteristics of a primadonna in spades - giant ego, demanding, childish and expecting praise - so he falls into that category.
    There's no stereotyping involved, Toure is a primadonna. If he doesn't want to be classed as one, he should grow up and act in a more mature manner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you've already admitted that you know nothing about football.

How do you know that any of them are 'primadonnas'? Or are you simply basing that assumption on their wages?

You don't need to know anything about football to recognise a gigantic ego and a selfish, greedy attitude. How do I know he's a primadonna? Could it be because he shows all the signs....?
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't need to know anything about football to recognise a gigantic ego and a selfish, greedy attitude. How do I know he's a primadonna? Could it be because he shows all the signs....?

Did you not state you knew nothing of the player? Give the faux outrage a rest, it's making you look silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Did you not state you knew nothing of the player? Give the faux outrage a rest, it's making you look silly.

I know nothing about him personally, but from recent news stories he is a prime example of a primadonna. What more can you say? I realise you are trying to defend him, but his behaviour marks him as a selfish, attention-seeking, needy egotist.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How long before we get the ridiculous rugby comparison?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This man Toure has all the characteristics of a primadonna in spades - giant ego, demanding, childish and expecting praise - so he falls into that category.
    There's no stereotyping involved, Toure is a primadonna.

But if you're casting such a net over a person you knew nothing about outside the last few days of ever-reliable media reports and agent talk (and therefore still don't), that's some pretty sweet stereotyping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long before we get the ridiculous rugby comparison?

It's the doctors and nurses I feel sorry for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not stereotyping at all. I'm not even sure you know what stereotyping is. I'm talking about one person and basing my opinion on news reports. No stereotyping.
    His behaviour over recent days (according to news reports) is that of a 'temperamental person; a person who takes adulation and privileged treatment as a right and reacts with petulance to criticism or inconvenience'. A primadonna.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'He's probably doing this, so he's definitely one of them'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'He's probably doing this, so he's definitely one of them'

No. He IS behaving in a way which is described as a 'primadonna'. It's not a stereotype.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the doctors and nurses I feel sorry for.

And the soldiers. Don't forget the soldiers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. He IS behaving in a way which is described as a 'primadonna'. It's not a stereotype.

Write him a letter and let him know how upset and angry his behaviour makes you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the soldiers. Don't forget the soldiers.

Wont somebody please think of the children!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Applying a label to him based on stuff you've read in the media, putting him in a group you hate? Yeah, individual merit rules!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Applying a label to him based on stuff you've read in the media, putting him in a group you hate? Yeah, individual merit rules!

If you say so, but it's not stereotyping. And if I may say so, defending a man who behaves like this footballer is rather odd as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not defending him because I don't buy any of it. It's end of season engineered headline material, manufacturing attention and outrage in equally predictable measure.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? I hate primadonnas, that's all. Primadonna-ism is horrible. Anyone who shows signs of it is not nice. This man Toure has all the characteristics of a primadonna in spades - giant ego, demanding, childish and expecting praise - so he falls into that category.

Yaya is a big strong bloke. Call him a Primo Uomo if you must ... but it isn't going to be pretty.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    The jokes on this are going to go on forever. Swansea wished a player happy birthday today on facebook and a lot of the comments were telling them to make sure they sent out a cake :p
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jokes on this are going to go on forever. Swansea wished a player happy birthday today on facebook and a lot of the comments were telling them to make sure they sent out a cake :p

I saw one from a West Ham fan saying they'd cancelled Allardyce's and hoped for the best :D
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I saw one from a West Ham fan saying they'd cancelled Allardyce's and hoped for the best :D

I saw the same thing about Fellaini (and posted it in the United thread). :p
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Apparently Yaya is upset that Pellegrini refused to remove all the red M and Ms from the packet he bought ;-)

Also for the record can I say that I agree with much of what Andy has said today re prima donnas. I am a football fan and so know quite a bit about Yaya and prior to this would not have thought of him in the prima donna category but this incident has done him no favours in terms of his reputation imo. I have certainly lost a lot of respect for him cos of it. I would certainly distance myself from the way Andy and his views were rubbished by some of the regular DS football fans - they do not speak for me.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Yeah I've seen quite a few like that now, still finding them funny:D
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Yaya is upset that Pellegrini refused to remove all the red M and Ms from the packet he bought ;-)

Also for the record can I say that I agree with much of what Andy has said today re prima donnas. I am a football fan and so know quite a bit about Yaya and prior to this would not have thought of him in the prima donna category but this incident has done him no favours in terms of his reputation imo. I have certainly lost a lot of respect for him cos of it. I would certainly distance myself from the way Andy and his views were rubbished by some of the regular DS football fans - they do not speak for me.

Absolutely.

You don't need to know anything about football to know that Yaya Toure and/or his agent that they have behaved like total greedy, prima-donnas here.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member

In order to believe conclusively that Yaya Toure is a primadonna you have to genuinely believe that he wants to walk out on a massive contract at the richest club in the world that has just won the PL title because he did not feel they clelebrated his birthday properly, and for no other reason.

If you actually honestly belive that then, with respect you dont know anything about football or footballers at all.